ADVERTISEMENT

William Penn vs St Georges - video

Patcomic

Recruited by College
Dec 17, 2014
No 2 St Georges takes on No 4 William Penn. St Georges puts box-in-one on Danny Walsh, he doesn't force and lets his teammates do the job. Great game by Markee Johnson with NyJere Hodges also providing a big boost. Malik Hines struggled on offense, but provided multiple defensive stops .

Scoring Summary:
St. Georges - Rawls (3 8-10 15), Brown (0 0-0 0), Hamrick (4 2-6 11), Kent (1 0-0 2), McCants (0 0-0 0), Hyland (1 1-2 3), Royal (0 0-0 0), Williams (0 0-0 0), Guild (0 0-0 0)

Totals: (9 11-18 31)

Wm Penn - Crumel (3 0-0 6), Hodges (3 3-4 10), Johnson (5 4-9 14), Walsh (1 4-4 7), Hines (0 0-6 0), Jackson (0 0-0 0), King (0 0-0 0), Bowling (0 0-0 0), Hucks (0 0-0 0)

Totals: (12 11-23 37)

3-Point Goals:
St. Georges 2 (Rawls, Hamrick)
Wm. Penn 2 (Walsh, Hodges)

Worst officiated game I have ever witnesses W.PENN played a good game. Hamrick fouls out with 6 minutes left in the game ticky tack fouls called on him and others. Referee clearly tried to gift wrap the game to WP calling a foul with 1.7 seconds left in regulation. This is after a no call on a foul at the end of the first half. Ref named Verdell is the absolute worst he thinks the game is about him and his ego. This is the same terrible ref who called a lane violation on a free throw in St Georges championship game made the call from halfcourt with the game on the line.. Which allowed Sals to win there first championship.He is a terrible referee. Congrats to WP who pulled it out in OT they are a tough team.

Last edited:
Underdog83, As much as I think refs in Delaware need to improve, if u look closely at the vedio, poor officiating had nothing to do with this loss. St. George's is my pick to win state this year but William Penn deserves all the credit for a good defensive game. Here is the problem I see. St. George's wins mostly on talent alone. Rawls who is a talented gaurd holds the ball and dribbles to much. Hemrich as of late plays ball on cruise control with a smile that reflects I don't give a damn. These are the games u would exspect him to drop 30 which he is quite capable of but that has not happened lately. His talent is far above anyone on Penn but his work ethic and discipline is abscent. They consume to much time on O trying to set up these isolation plays rather than using ball movement and people movement, screen role, to set up scoring. Here is what they need to do to be successful, 1st lose the arrogance. 2nd. Pass and move, basketball is a game of movement, spacing & angles, too much holding. 3rd. Hemrich needs to wipe that silly smile off his face and become the leader he suppose to be. He's to talented for what he's producing. 4th. Leave everything on the floor when you play, talent will only get u so far u got to work your ass of on every possession. Lastly the coach has a habit at times of coaching like he is scared to lose, that needs to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patcomic
Junkie,We can disagree on the officiating the game I saw it was affected. Bad calls with no consistency in my eyes is bad officiating. You made some points that I can agree with also. I don't understand how u keep labeling our kids everyone I saw on that court was working at a very high level and being very competitive. And u keep saying discipline I'm confused. So if a kid fouls out of a poorly officiated game he is undisciplined. If he doesn't drop 30 every nite he has no work effort. SMH.. St G point #2 was trying to run the offense. And talent will only take you so far can be said about any team in delaware and on any level.I pointed out something that I have seen several times at multiple games with regards to the ref. WP got my respect as well great game WP.

Junkie,We can disagree on the officiating the game I saw it was affected. Bad calls with no consistency in my eyes is bad officiating. You made some points that I can agree with also. I don't understand how u keep labeling our kids everyone I saw on that court was working at a very high level and being very competitive. And u keep saying discipline I'm confused. So if a kid fouls out of a poorly officiated game he is undisciplined. If he doesn't drop 30 every nite he has no work effort. SMH.. St G point #2 was trying to run the offense. And talent will only take you so far can be said about any team in delaware and on any level.I pointed out something that I have seen several times at multiple games with regards to the ref. WP got my respect as well great game WP.

I've seen St George 3 times now and haven't been impressed. They don't have good offensive players. When Hamrick is not scoring, there aren't any other options. I agree that he seems disinterested on the court although I am impressed with his rebounding. I definitely don't see St George winning anything.

On a side note, disappointed they didn't put up the player fouls on the scoreboard. Not knowing who has how many fouls takes away from the game as a fan. Especially in a game like this one where fouls were a factor.

Reactions: Patcomic
Checked the kid stats.SMH11 points and 12 rebounds and the kid sat out last 3 minutes of the first half and didn't even play in the fourth quarter. He doesn't have the luxury of leaking out every play to get layups which leads to 30+ point games.He works what does de want. We would gladly take him in Catholic City League.

Last edited:
Underdog83, 11 points and 12 rebounds is a great game for the average player but for a kid with All American caliber talent in Delaware, thats an easy night. He is 10 notches above anything Penn has. Dixon at Sanford averages like 30. The rebounding numbers are excellent but u can tell he ain't putting forth 100%. Him going hard at 100 percent eats Penn alive. This kid has more raw talented than Dixon, however Dixon works his ass off and can shoot better from the 3. He also has discipline and focus, Hemrick doesn't. Money is the same at St. E. Talented but don't go hard consistently. I don't know what to make of it, guess it's a Delaware thing with a few of our very talented kids. I apologize in advance on this blog for those I offend but I believe more people need to speak their mind in this state. I want all these kids to suceed but many times when u surrounded by peers and those affraid to lose your talent by being honest a objective perspective is needed. After he done at St. G. nobody will give a damn if he did not use his talent to get a free education. If he doesn't change u will not see him on any college campus. Instead he will be at glasgow park fighting for next. All people will then say is he use to be the man in high school but he pissed away all that opportunity, now he just smokes weed and works an shoprite stacking shelves. The choice is his.

Last edited:
Junkie, reach out to someone in his camp and give this advice. He's a good kid and ur advice is great. A lot of young men need life skills. I agree with what you r saying but go to Greater Newark B& G club and hold an "Athlete Life Skills" clinic. I can arrange. Your comments are 100% true, but not on this forum and leave specific names out, when discussing things of this nature on a blog.
Again though your comments are 100 real. We tell kids this same stuff every day but with them and parents together not on blogs.

247365GRIND, I'm involved 24-7. Mentor hundreds of kids each year. Also donate a considerable amount to programs & charities of my choice each year. What I have found is that mostly the inner city kids and their parents who live in challeging circumstances are receptive to support and contructive criticism. What I see a lot off these days is suburban middle to upper middle class kids with both parents present that choose to behave like thugs despite having no environmental challenges. Talking to their parents is like talking to their defense attorney. In these circumstances the messenger gets shot dead on the spot. Or Simply u get cursed out. So unless it's a kid that lives in a fatherless or destructive environment I find it's an uphill battle. Granted my comments are extreme and out of place but my point is if an objective stranger can see the nonsense it's time to knock it off. Social media & blogs allows me to deliver a message without getting shot at or getting into fist fights and I can continue to help kids that need it the most. Yeah I'm wrong for calling out names but the kids I mentioned are fortunate, those who I invest my time in come home to empty refridgerators or have no fathers or fathers locked away so basketball is their last concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: 247365GRIND

I totally agree can't bash kids t
Checked the kid stats.SMH11 points and 12 rebounds and the kid sat out last 3 minutes of the first half and didn't even play in the fourth quarter. He doesn't have the luxury of leaking out every play to get layups which leads to 30+ point games.He works what does de want. We would gladly take him in Catholic City League.

Ya Hamerick is unreal and every time I see him play he's always smiling. I think he loves what he is doing just a simple fact b ball is played out thru the team and not one player define your wins. I really believe it was a eye opener for St .Georges not the Hamerick kid alone. It's gonna be a nice playoff season this year!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT