ADVERTISEMENT

William Penn Win Steak?????

Nov 19, 2014
Does anyone know of any record for most wins in a row even from previous season into a new one? William Penn is on a roll 18 in a row after Friday night . They are coming up on the 2 toughest weeks of their season . Hell they won the next two weeks they could run the table again just sayin.

The Newark teams with the Harris brothers had a 4 year stretch where they wen't like 48 - 1. I think they had a win streak of 25+ straight. I also remember the 84 and 85 Newark teams were undefeated so that would have put that streak at least 24... I'm sure others on here have a better memory than me. It will be interesting to see how long WP can keep the streak alive.

Middletown won like 53 straight games. The streak ended in 1967 in their 9th game of the year when they were beaten by Newark. The next week they lost to the Big S.

Newark put together a couple streaks in the 1980's. Sals went undefeated in 1957,58 and 59 but the seasons were like 8-9 games. Still a nice streak....

Lol @ raven . Sound awefully confident there my friend . Don't forget the Sals gave up 56 points to Smyrna thats insane . Sorry to say they won't be playing Smyrna on 10/31 they will be playing the best ranked defense in the state so I wouldn't get too confident not too mention their high powered offense who you could argue one of the best in the state as well.

Lol @ raven . Sound awefully confident there my friend . Don't forget the Sals gave up 56 points to Smyrna thats insane . Sorry to say they won't be playing Smyrna on 10/31 they will be playing the best ranked defense in the state so I wouldn't get too confident not too mention their high powered offense who you could argue one of the best in the state as well.

DEFENS...I am not sure what raven knows. I am a Big S fan but Penn is the undefeated defending state champs. They will be very difficult to beat at their home field.....and The Big S has to get by Dover first....

Theres no shame in giving up 50 to Smyrna.. Smyrna is scoring on everyone .. Including your beloved William Penn ,, yeah I know just a scrim game and starters out,,, Doesn't matter the scheme was bad and wouldn't matter if the starters played or not.. Forget the 50 the Sals gave up they scored 70.. WP cant stop them.. 31-14 Sals over WP JMHO

Reactions: runningman12001
Raven you have just made your self a joke to say they would score like that against Wp Def. You have not got a clue. They scored only I think 42 against the JV Def. for Wp. They hd 10 starters not play in the scrimmage. Both DE 2 LB 2 DB Looks like all there speed. Sallies has NO SHOT AT SCORING 31 POINTS AGINST WP. Not saying Sallies won't win but there is no way they score 31. Wp is tough up front and they are really fast... You seemed tp be a WP Hater not a true High School Fan who looks at talent. Plus Wp is well Coaches on Both Sides of the ball... See me after October 31 NO WAY THEY SCORE 31............

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I Think Penn runs the table until they play Smyrna. I have no clue what happens in that "real" game. Another scenario would be that as Slowskys will probably lose to Dover, they might bounce back and give Penn a decent game. (Example, the Slowskys were beaten by Judge but rebounded against MDT - a better team than Salesianum.)

This is what makes this interesting. I can't figure out why rr is hooked on the Slowskys.

c6ad0289edc664a21a8109e5a405902e.530x700x2.gif

Reactions: nuk59 and spartakos
Dogs im just saying Sallies wont be playing a Smyrna defense they are playing the #1 ranked D in the state. I.dont see Sallies scoring no more than 14 at best. Who do you think wins that game?

Is there an injury report on Reeder?

Actually I think it will be a great game.. too close to call..lets say its pick-em... I am hoping to make this game should be a classic..

Middletown won 53 straight under Billings in the 60's. Newark had won 35 straight when they broke the Middletown streak in 1968. Remember that back then Middletown's enrollment was probably under 500 total. I was on the last team to lose to them in that streak. Newark - with Bob Tucker, Pedro Swann, and Gary Hayman - beat them 19-6 the next week.

Back then, there were no state championships and MT was in the old Diamond State Conference. An impressive streak yes but impossible today.

It will be a great game no matter what... Reeder does play a major part both on O & D, but I believe he will be fine.

Looking forward to a well coached and played game. I do not believe you can look at any individual game and make a statement about the team as a whole. Any given weekend!!
Look at Michigan St vs. Michigan, one play....player are human...

It will be a great game no matter what... Reeder does play a major part both on O & D, but I believe he will be fine.

Looking forward to a well coached and played game. I do not believe you can look at any individual game and make a statement about the team as a whole. Any given weekend!!
Look at Michigan St vs. Michigan, one play....player are human...

Raven you have just made your self a joke to say they would score like that against Wp Def. You have not got a clue. They scored only I think 42 against the JV Def. for Wp. They hd 10 starters not play in the scrimmage. Both DE 2 LB 2 DB Looks like all there speed. Sallies has NO SHOT AT SCORING 31 POINTS AGINST WP. Not saying Sallies won't win but there is no way they score 31. Wp is tough up front and they are really fast... You seemed tp be a WP Hater not a true High School Fan who looks at talent. Plus Wp is well Coaches on Both Sides of the ball... See me after October 31 NO WAY THEY SCORE 31............

OK I see you on 11/01/2015

Raven, you and Jawnsky were on this game early but backed off because of the Slowskys poor performance against Dover. That made sense. Let's see if the Slowskys can handle the 90 mile bus trip to Georgetown next week. Other than the Steubeville game a while back the Slowskys have faltered big time on bus rides of over like an hour.

DelSea, Notheast, Judge, Paramus Catholic, Sussex Tech to name a few.......

Reactions: Jawnsky
I think the Slowski's still have that bad taste in their mouth of Sussy Tech bouncing them last year... I am very confident they well take care of business this time around.. I won't back up on that this week..

@RR.........Whats your problem with "Sussy" Sussex Tech? I'm a Henlopen fan and happy to see Sussex Tech doing well the past couple years. I'm also happy to see Smyrna doing "really" well and Cape in the hunt and hope to see all three in the playoffs making some noise. So again whats your issues? Is this how the private sector "caravel" represents on social media? Please advise.............

@RR.........Whats your problem with "Sussy" Sussex Tech? I'm a Henlopen fan and happy to see Sussex Tech doing well the past couple years. I'm also happy to see Smyrna doing "really" well and Cape in the hunt and hope to see all three in the playoffs making some noise. So again whats your issues? Is this how the private sector "caravel" represents on social media? Please advise.............
RR is a fair guy. I think you are reacting to a typo

I understand your consternation, country. tech put a whuppin' on the Slowskys last year and sent them packing.
rr means no harm. He actually is a pretty bright guy.

The HN is the best division in DE HS FB.

I saw ST in their first game at AI. They have the speed and athleticism of Smyrna but not the same wide open offensive scheme.

I think the Slowslys are emotionally spent from the Wm Penn game and Sussex Tech upsets them.

Last edited:
I understand your consternation, country. tech put a whuppin' on the Slowskys last year and sent them packing.

I saw ST in their first game at AI. They have the sped and athleticism of Smyrna but not the same wide open offensive scheme.

I think the Slowslys are emotionally spent from the Wm Penn game and Sussex Tech upsets them.

Hardly emotionally spent, UB. I'd say they are focused and committed - especially after reading some of this garbage.

Reactions: 1superfan
Mount loss really opens up the door for a second Hen North team to get in.. Good news for Sussy Tech fans

I thought the first (above) was a typo until the second appeared today. No big deal but lets show a little Class to all the Players RR.....js

Hardly emotionally spent, UB. I'd say they are focused and committed - especially after reading some of this garbage.

Good God, I hope they don't read the garbage on here. All in all they should be focused, but the week after a big game with Smyrna, they laid an egg vs. Father Judge.

I'm guessing as long as they hold onto the football, (Dover game) they'll be a number 1 seed.

On a side note, does it do St. Mark's (Week 10 opponent) any good to schedule Salesianum??? They are Division 2 now, and they schedule the best D2 teams, why mess with them?

As for the Sals, yes I guess one D2 opponent per year is OK, but I seem to remember a few years ago, too many D2 opponents were having a negative effect on their playoff chases.

"Sussy" is just my way of shortening it thought it sounded cool.. certainly nothing derogatory.. I have no prob with any school.. Thats funny it didn't even cross my mind someone would take it like gone*country did

Last edited:
"Sussy" is just my way of shortening it thought it sounded cool.. certainly nothing derogatory.. I have no prob with any school.. Thats funny it didn't even cross my mind someone would take it like gone*country did
RR,I think he forgot to take his Midol, sensitive/hormonal?

Reactions: ravensrooster2

I saw ST in their first game at AI. They have the speed and athleticism of Smyrna but not the same wide open offensive scheme.

Thank you Uncle Bummy for your always objective approach on your favorite team. Sals have some unfinished business in lower Delaware after last year's stink fest. A kickoff return, an interception returned for a TD, a QB fumble for a TD, crummy tackling and yet they were still in it at the end. They badly want this game. If there is a letdown in the cards, I think it comes from STM believe it or not.

Thank you Uncle Bummy for your always objective approach on your favorite team. Sals have some unfinished business in lower Delaware after last year's stink fest. A kickoff return, an interception returned for a TD, a QB fumble for a TD, crummy tackling and yet they were still in it at the end. They badly want this game. If there is a letdown in the cards, I think it comes from STM believe it or not.

?.....Dove, Why cant you just give ST credit for the win last year?....I agree they hurt themselves....no doubt, but Tech had something to do with that and certainly cashed in.
Point is same as always....Sals win and its all them, Sals lose
and blame is placed on their coach, their players or refs....just say they lost.
...IMHO....I do not see any let down.

As much as it pains to say, I think the only team that can beat Sals is themselves! If they can play more consistent every week and go injury free, Broom St Boys should be celebrating come on 12/5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT