ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge

Re: Woodbridge needs New coaching staff!!

The disgruntled parent always rears their ugly head when the going gets tough, huh? I would venture to say it has been a very disappointing season for the Woodbridge players and coaches as expectations were extremely high after last season's success. Let's not forget this is the same staff who has taken the program to much higher heights than ever before, so it is safe to say your personal opinion is very uneducated. This time last year they could do no wrong. A team with 30 on their roster is routinely going to have ups and downs over the course of a season.

"Southern kids need more people that know the game." Last time I checked Coach Manlove has doing this a very long time, experiencing success at Middletown, Laurel, and Woodbridge. Between Coaches Ennis, Bell, and Newman you have three former All-Staters and Blue-Gold Alums. The rest of the staff has also enjoyed successes as players and coaches. Furthermore, the Henlopen Conference is filled with tremendous coaches from top to bottom.

Save your rant for other displeasured parents because you are wasting your words on this message board. Or, perhaps this is the response you were aiming for. Always easy to be the Monday morning QB talking about "I would have done this, I would have done that."

Always easier to coach from the stands. You're never wrong.

Ed Manlove is a awsome Coach and is great for kids to be around. The people complaining you should see what the man gives to the players not just football. Also just a year ago you all thought he was the best ever.. He will always have the best intrest of his player at heart. He will guide Woodbridge in the right direction. Don't be a person who is complaing be a true fan and help them through some tough times...You will feel better to apart of the clean up then a complainer..

Honestly the game they are project is all surrounding the quarterback. Which is really silly! I never said there wasn't a bunch of good guys over there. But some of them just don't know football. 4 plays no subs wow

What is your master plan Skill-Work? You have already edited your thread title and old posts, curious as to why?

Many people on this board have made mentions that the Wescott kid is one of the best players in the state of Delaware, so it makes sense that the game plan would run through him.

Possible parent pissed their kid isn't getting the ball more? Westcott is by far their best player and has been for the past couple of years. Without him, the team isn't even relevant. Next year will be rough....

Wow! Never did I once say he wasn't good. But the best player at what ? All different postion to fill. He isn't by far the best at all those jobs to fill. But the teM has 4 plays they don't sub no one. Plenty of talent on that team you guys are full of it'

3 wins and the team would be nothing with out Wescott! How bout Vessels McGee Nelson etc excuse me kids if I didn't state ya names. But the defense has looked good. No Disrespect to Wescott at all but the statement this gentlemen/lady posted was really tiring!!
This post was edited on 10/22 12:07 AM by Skill-Work

@02100! I'm not a parent nor did I say what I would have!! But be honest have you watched the games?? Those kids are playing some defense but it gives out fatigue sets in. No type of offense but I guess you guys aren't fans. You must be the coaches defending each other!!!

Reactions: 7nonstop3

Skill-Work, they may dress 30 kids...if that! You are an absolute fool if you think the sideline is lined with kids who are capable of playing on a Friday night. The reality of the situation is that the school has an enrollment between 500 and 600 kids...you act as though we are talking about a Northern program. This is a never ending battle with you, and clearly your ignorance supercedes your actual knowledge of football or Woodbridge.

Those 3 wins are mainly because of Westcott. Without him, Woodbridge is likely 1-6 right now. Remember they snuck by Appo and Poly. Teams don't build overnight and I think that playoff appearance last year must've went to your head and you expect that every season. H-South is always competitive against each other it seems. I seem to remember not long ago, Woodbridge wasn't much better than Seaford.... I'd be appreciative of the coaching staff and Westcott.

Again 11 players !! Last yeAr isn't around you guys are ignorant to the fact of football. And again never have I said anything about Wescott not being gd!! Bunch of silly people trying to put focus on skill work downing a player!!! Get those kids more coaches not all of them have to go. Are they still promising things over there??

Did you you just refer to yourself in teh 3rd person? I can only imagine how much of a joy it must be for Manlove to listen to you in the stands during each game. Hopefully you speak better than you write. Sad part is I doubt if they had 100 coaches (Dinardo, Dooly, Simpson, Coach K) all on the same staff it wouldn't change a thing. Maybe your son, brother, nephew, brotha from another motha, whatever isn't good enough to play? If thats the case it's better to accept that sooner then later. Remember ignorance breeds ignorance. Still-At-Work...dont be that guy.

Maybe ya mother didn't get playing time or ya son or father , daughter etc .. Manlove is the worst and those kids saved him last year. If you idiots had to interview those kids see how they feel. And for the records Wescott great kid but not the best athlete on the team. Downstate a bunch of clowns that's y these kids don't get the right lessons. That's y most of people talk about over the bridge schools. Cause when honest people give information you guys cover it up with your jokes talking down on others visual of the games. Free pay checks to the staff and kids have to have fools in front of them.

@ceech1 !!! Steel sharpens steel my friend!! I've watched Manlove he is terrible that's being truthful! Vessel McGee Terrion Nelson Williams Rayford Davis etc.. I know most of you guys talking on here is the staff... Ennis you can stay !!! Not talking about the helpers neither. Now those kids I named check them out some state wrestlers !! Baseball etc.. Who ever said the statement 1 kid is the reason is a complete fool

Damn, I figured as much....Your that guy.

Good luck the rest of the way, they may have a shot at 1 more win but thats probably about it. But it sounds like Friday isn't gonna be your favorite day of the week. And Saturday mornings will probably suck as well. But as you mentioned (I think?) there is always wrestling.

Wrestling Baseball etc... The football team is loaded with state candidate ... Thats what I'm saying !! Didn't you see the names check that part of team out and give credit to them......

This post was edited on 10/24 1:19 PM by Skill-Work

advertise...you make a point.

BUT the thing is with this situation, is that the coaching staff on hand is one of the main reasons why this program is even relevant again. I remember back when I played ball, Woodbridge couldn't buy a win. Two straight years and your in playoff contention, sure you can put that on the shoulders of Wescott, but I remember someone saying a long time ago theres a difference between Top 5 talent, and Top 5 coaching. You can have all the talent in the world, on the field or on the sidelines, but if you don't have a coach to handle it then it doesn't mean anything.

I think Manlove is doing a great job with what he has to work with. A program doesn't wake up and become a contender overnight, its a process. This year they had the biggest turn out as far as offseason practice is concerned and its only going to go up as they keep winning and staying competitive. Its like building a house. It starts with the foundation. once that is in place everything piles on top of that, getting the kids to come out, believing in the system at hand, start winning games, start setting a tradition and once that is done, it never leaves.

The one thing I have learned covering football is that a team can go undefeated but everyone isn't going to be happy. Theres always those select few that hates how the coach runs the team, or how he calls his plays, it could be a parent, a fan, a sibling, whatever, but if you listen to them and actual care, then you have to listen to everyone who voices their opinion on the subject and one great thing about being a coach at any level, is the fact that you learn or just naturally good at ignoring all the BS that comes from the stands.

Just to advise any and everyone on this thread.... This is the original owner of this Name Which is top paper !!!! I gave this account up and have given to a buddy of mine. He completely blasted things only of his insight!! But please disregard all this non sense.
This post was edited on 10/28 10:47 AM by Advertise Us

Beautifully stated advertise. FURTHERMORE WHS WAS BLESSED WITH 4 BLUE GOLD PARTICIPANTS LAST YEAR THAT ARGUABLY STOLE THE SHOW ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL IN THAT GAME.LOSING THAT TYPE OF TALENT,A YOUNG TEAM LIKE THIS IS BOUND TO STRUGGLE. THEY HAVE PRETTY MUCH BEEN IN EVERY GAME.# Rome wasn't built in a day

This post was edited on 10/24 3:33 PM by Microwave 01

Woodbridge coaching stinks!! Zone read to the right same play wow!! Skill work you have a point don't feel bad for expressing your point. All sports have fans also others that dissect the game. Oh and move the offensive line since your QB is the team!!! Boy oh boy leave some of you guys to deliver good quality players.

This guy has like 4 accounts. You're not outsmarting anyone lol. Wow you must not have a life.

advertise...you make a point.

BUT the thing is with this situation, is that the coaching staff on hand is one of the main reasons why this program is even relevant again. I remember back when I played ball, Woodbridge couldn't buy a win. Two straight years and your in playoff contention, sure you can put that on the shoulders of Wescott, but I remember someone saying a long time ago theres a difference between Top 5 talent, and Top 5 coaching. You can have all the talent in the world, on the field or on the sidelines, but if you don't have a coach to handle it then it doesn't mean anything.

I think Manlove is doing a great job with what he has to work with. A program doesn't wake up and become a contender overnight, its a process. This year they had the biggest turn out as far as offseason practice is concerned and its only going to go up as they keep winning and staying competitive. Its like building a house. It starts with the foundation. once that is in place everything piles on top of that, getting the kids to come out, believing in the system at hand, start winning games, start setting a tradition and once that is done, it never leaves.

Manlove lol love mAn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT