ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Championship Saturday Scores

Was that an intentional grounding? QB ran outside of pocket, and instead of taking a sack he throws it away? Kind of a bullshit call on that refs part if you ask me.

Was that an intentional grounding? QB ran outside of pocket, and instead of taking a sack he throws it away? Kind of a bullshit call on that refs part if you ask me.

different rule in HIgh School HS. You have to be throwing it towards someone can’t just launch it OB to avoid sack. Doesn’t have to be real close to someone but somewhere in the vicinity. Without a replay I can’t tell if there was a receiver in the area

For whatever reason Chambers always scrambles left. Probably because he had great success that way the first game vs ST G so he just keeps doing it. On the play HS asked about all the receivers were right had he scrambled that way there was plays to be made. IMO but its pretty typical for HS players when something works one time they keep going back to it until it becomes a little habit..and from the looks of it it "seems" SC is ready when he scrambles left like they expect it.. just a silly observation I have..lol

Last edited:
different rule in HIgh School HS. You have to be throwing it towards someone can’t just launch it OB to avoid sack. Doesn’t have to be real close to someone but somewhere in the vicinity. Without a replay I can’t tell if there was a receiver in the area
Correct

After MT’s 4th turnover this time a pick deep in own territory. SC powers it in 14-7 SC

Great play call there. Screen go to the house. Silly call for celebration of kid high stepping in end zone. Moves xp way back and kick blocked. 14-13 SC.

...looks like SC wins 2 out of 3 last D1 titles...they are building a new school which will hold 2700. They will become a Sussex County version of William Penn in the 1980’s and 90’s...I know Smyrna is still there..

Reactions: BackinBlack86
MT scores quick.. then XP hits the uprights ughhh.. 28-19 SC

OS kick fails.. should be it

Congrats to Sussex Central. They had the better game plan, play calling, and execution. Wells was and is a very well known and liked guy. And what he’s doing down in Georgetown is special. Those years they made it in 06,07,08 and didn’t pull it out is finally catching up to them, 2 titles in 3 years. Well deserved to the Knights!!!

Wells has taken a lot critisim over the years for not winning the big one. His dedication to this town and his team should never be questioned. Congratulations to Coach Wells, his staff and players. Job well done.

Congrats to the Golden Knights. Wells is a hell of an old school coach. I just wish he would bring his team up to New Castle County once a year for a regular season game.

I know those 3 consecutive losses in the title games the first decade of this century brought gave ammunition to some doubters.

Love his offense.

PS...loved the announcer today giving the history of the school district. Who was that guy?

Reactions: APboy
Downstatecredit where ever he is now is smiling ear to ear. Took those 2000’s tough but patience is a virtue and Wells and the boys are benefitting now. Congrats

Reactions: 84rider
Onto the night game. My statement about Archmere nightmare seems to be repeating. Will the running clock come out in the 3rd?

First, congrats to SC! They may not be a flashy, fancy team. But their extremely well coached! And they do what they do, well! But also, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a school get a more talented group of young men than Middletown continues to get year, after year, after year. Only to fall short year after year. Literally jaw dropping to watch the broadcast and see some of the plays that were called today.

Hey, Bib. How would you rank the teams you saw today? Obviously Archmere would be 4 and MDT would be 3. Who do you have as 1..Howard or Central? Inquiring minds would like to know....

I’d go....

1. Howard
2. Sussex Central
3. Middletown
4. Archmere

Same here, HS. I am. It trying to diminish Central’s accomplishments. They are the 2020 D1 state champs...no question about that.
It ought to be interesting to see to see how Trez and Brad rate them in the News Journal.

Officially on Cal/Maxpreps Howard ends ranked number 1 in the State.. Since the Maxpreps era 2004+ only 1 other D2 team ended ranked 1 in the state that was 2011 Red Lion..Next closest teams were 2018 Woodbridge and 2008 HVT ranked 2 and there have been a few D2's ranked 3rd Delmar,Caravel, RLCA, Howard, HVT, IR, St E

1 Howard 32.6
2 Central 29.2
3 Smyrna 27.9
4 Middletown 22.6
5 St Georges 12.3

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT