ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Schedules

updated- Best schedule goes to Sallies hands down..IMHO

Yes, they do have the toughest schedule....but haven't they boxed themselves in on the point system by having like 3 Division 2 opponents...Episcopal, Lansdale and St. Marks?...or has the Bumster misunderstood all of this....

yeah Bummy.. could be an issue.. plus two of those d2 are somewhat recruited teams so they are really d1 in talent,, I see Sallies losing to both LC and EA and not making the play-offs this year.. (early prediction spoiler lol) LC has more talent transferring in this year to go with what transferred in with the new coach last year... huge demographic change on that team in two years.. LC is on the outreach tip..;)

Last edited:
Tech adds at Governor Thomas Johnson (MD) week 2. That is one I haven't heard off.. lemme look..

Governor Thomas Johnson High School (GTJHS) is a four-year public high school in Frederick, Maryland, United States. The school is home to magnet program for the Academy of Fine Arts, an auditioned-only visual and performing arts program for talented students in Frederick County from grades 10th to 12th. The school is also home to the naval Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps for Frederick County.

Long ass buss ride but they are D1 pts (1500-1600 students) 3A in Maryland but no threat to Tech they have a 1-29 record over the last 3 years and haven't won a game in last 2 seasons. easy money , well except for the 3 hour (est.) bus ride.

What say you Bummy?.. going with the bus theory on this one? lol

Last edited:
Open weeks

Dover week 3
St Andrews weeks 1 and 3
FSMA week 6

Friends and Tower Hill will go with 9 games and week 9 byes

Dover adds week 3 at home Richard Wright Charter School (DC) wtf? o_O

RWCS is a journalism charter in DC with less than 300 students grades 8-12. Less than 30 on football roster and are not good at all.. Dover might as well have scheduled the George School ... wtf?? why?

Last edited:
so we got Woodbridge scheduling Haverford and Dover vs something something Charter..sheesh

Tell me again why Dover and Woodbridge couldn't hook up?

Because obviously one of them didn’t wanna suffer a loss to the other and hurt their playoff points

200px-Heneryhawk.jpg

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Gee I wonder who wouldn’t schedule who? Woodbridge who is now traveling to Haverford and only playing 4 home games, or Dover who picks up the cupcake DC charter. Not a tough one to break down.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Gee I wonder who wouldn’t schedule who? Woodbridge who is now traveling to Haverford and only playing 4 home games, or Dover who picks up the cupcake DC charter. Not a tough one to break down.

Dover opens with Hodgson and Sallies, not sure they were running from Woodbridge, a team they've played 3 of the last 4 years. Sometimes shit happens, I can tell you Dover reached out to multiple schools across MD, PA, and NJ and were turned down by all. Richard Wright reached out to DHS and was excited to play and travel to Dover. The only other realistic option at this point was to play nine games which also would've been criticized so it is what it is. Remember this situation was created by Northeast dropping Dover, not some grand scheme to schedule an easier game.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Dover opens with Hodgson and Sallies, not sure they were running from Woodbridge, a team they've played 3 of the last 4 years. Sometimes shit happens, I can tell you Dover reached out to multiple schools across MD, PA, and NJ and were turned down by all. Richard Wright reached out to DHS and was excited to play and travel to Dover. The only other realistic option at this point was to play nine games which also would've been criticized so it is what it is. Remember this situation was created by Northeast dropping Dover, not some grand scheme to schedule an easier game.

Not sure if Northeast dropped them but just after their regional games were scheduled (they have 6 they have to play) they didn't have open dates that matched up.I am 100 percent sure when NE schedule gets posted there is a regional game in that slot.. They were begging for week 1 and 2 games for this year and next not to long ago but Dover already had HVT and Sals scheduled... just works like that sometimes just chalk it up to the Maryland going to 9 games BS lol but in fairness they knew this (or should have least know it was a possibility) with plenty of time to schedule WB or have WB on stand by before WB scheduled the Fords..like another poster said someone dropped the ball ..just saying

Last edited:
Reactions: The Uncle Rico
Not sure if Northeast dropped them but just after their regional games were scheduled (they have 6 they have to play) they didn't have open dates that matched up.. They were begging for week 1 and 2 games for this year and next not long ago but Dover already had HVT and Sals scheduled... just works like that sometimes just chalk it up to the Maryland going to 9 games BS lol but in fairness they knew this (or should have) with plenty of time to schedule WB before WB schedule the Fords..like another poster said someone dropped the ball ..just saying
No you're right it was because of NE's schedule conflict but I was just saying that was out of Dover's hands. I know that Woodbridge wasn't beating down Dover's door to play either so yeah it was definitely mishandled and now they're both in less than ideal situations. Scheduling in the Henlopen North is only gonna get tougher going back to 4 non-conference games next year so hopefully some planning is in the works already.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
No you're right it was because of NE's schedule conflict but I was just saying that was out of Dover's hands. I know that Woodbridge wasn't beating down Dover's door to play either so yeah it was definitely mishandled and now they're both in less than ideal situations. Scheduling in the Henlopen North is only gonna get tougher going back to 4 non-conference games next year so hopefully some planning is in the works already.

Why do you say back to 4 non conference games?

never mind forgot about Poly checking out. That is going to be a bit of a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Uncle Rico
Unless Hen North teams are planning on just taking a fft they should be working on a back up plan if they want to play a game on Poly week.. I have a feeling Poly won't have enough players to play their schedule.. Just a hunch.. I guess there will be no choice by the time that will be known

Unless Hen North teams are planning on just taking a fft they should be working on a back up plan if they want to play a game on Poly week.. I have a feeling Poly won't have enough players to play their schedule.. Just a hunch.. I guess there will be no choice by the time that will be known
Poly will go through their D2 schedule at the beginning, play a horrible CR squad, get squashed by Laurel and fold before the facing central. Give the new coach some time to “rebuild” the program before the forfeitures.

Smyrna replaces 9/18 vs Glenelg(MD) with a week 0 game on 9/4 at home vs Loyola Blakefield (MD)

Should be a very good game..IMO.. If things start on time I will probably go catch this one.. Interesting as well it will be a week before the Harvest Bowl vs MT.. advantage Smyrna? Will MT schedule their gamelike scrim on Sat 9/5 so they can scout Smyrna? hmmmm

Scheduling is a much bigger pain in the ass then you can imagine.

At least thats what Tower Hill says is why they cant get a team with a pulse on thier schedule:)

In all seriousness it is like a giant puzzle and not that easy

Bib......can you give me any insight on Queen Anne’s, and perhaps how they stack up against teams In Delaware?

Last edited:
Wait till they try to reschedule everything in the upcoming Spring with Boys and Girls Soccer and Lacrosse vying for field space......

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Bib......can you give me any insight on Queen Anne’s, and perhaps how they stack up against teams In Delaware?

Queene Annes is basically the same as the Southern DE schools (below Dover) Decent some years and bad others.. Don't have the consistency of say a Delmar but probably a lot like Cape (minus large enrollment numbers).. If they have a special player roll through the school then they can win some games and make play-offs but mostly just ehh.. They count as D1 in DE right now (barely) so any DE school would want to get them on their schedule.. If you take the Henlopen Conference as a whole (North and South) QA would fall somewhere in the middle...

I think he means that if you put Fall Sports off to the Spring of 2021, then you have all HS outdoor sorts competing for the same number of facilities. Like let’s take the Ab...there would be Sallies, Howard , and St Liz FB as well as Sals Lacrosse And soccer and then the track meets...for how many schools...then boys girls soccer would being going on at the same time.

Multiply that by the number os schools’s sports and compare it to usable facilities.

Queene Annes is basically the same as the Southern DE schools (below Dover) Decent some years and bad others.. Don't have the consistency of say a Delmar but probably a lot like Cape (minus large enrollment numbers).. If they have a special player roll through the school then they can win some games and make play-offs but mostly just ehh.. They count as D1 in DE right now (barely) so any DE school would want to get them on their schedule.. If you take the Henlopen Conference as a whole (North and South) QA would fall somewhere in the middle...

thanks BiB. Was curious cause MT picked them up for a scrimmage Week 0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT