ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Edge

A football team named after Biden's new pooch. By the way DC has played in recent years, a better name would have been the Washington Salamanders.

The memes coming out should be great though... 🤣

They already calling them the Washington Commies..😲

53696779-10467967-image-a-22_1643831219624.jpg

A football team named after Biden's new pooch. By the way DC has played in recent years, a better name would have been the Washington Salamanders.
Yea but then we would have been called the Sally's...guess they liked Commies better...Now we get 50 years of American's Team vs. the Commies!

Thanks goodness they left that off the crest, but still got the SB years wrong.
OMG they did.. Should be 82,87 and 91..LOL

f5fa9992-83d0-4903-8085-d2eae1742ac1.jpg

There are five years listed, 1937, 1942, 1983, 1988, and 1992. These are the years of their championships, except not really. The years 1937 and 1942 make sense, the team did indeed win inside of those years — but it was back when the championship game was played in December, so it all made sense. That changed with the advent of the Super Bowl, with a season drifting into the following year.

Still, nobody typically refers to when the game was actually won to define the champion, it’s the season the Super Bowl represented — hell, even Washington’s own Super Bowl rings list their years as 1982, 1987 and 1991.

they really missed the boat not doing something with the Hogs. Warthogs, Red Hogs, Hogskins etc.. . I guess they didn't want the stadium to be referred to as the "Pig Pen"..lol
I'm glad they didn't go that way, I was a member of the "Pig Pen" they asked us to be involved with the rebrand but we passed (so glad we did)...we are retired. Time for them to move in their new direction.

Reactions: 84rider
I'm glad they didn't go that way, I was a member of the "Pig Pen" they asked us to be involved with the rebrand but we passed (so glad we did)...we are retired. Time for them to move in their new direction.

Well then they should have stayed with a Native American theme that wouldn't offend white women named Karen...lol

I guess that would eliminate everything but the Washington Native Americans but only the the nice peaceful ones. 😂

Reactions: 84rider
Yea it's sad, especially when 90 percent of the NA polled were ok with it.
I feel for people like my son who grew up a Redskins fan and will neve see them win anything.
Also the alumni, it wasn't lost on me that not one HOF'er was in attendance on Wednesday?
Really feel bad for a guy like Joe Jacoby who is and should be a HOF'er!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT