ADVERTISEMENT

Cancelations

HSftballlaxFan

D1AA Prospect
Oct 4, 2008
Middletown AT William Penn has been cancelled. William Penn is now on a 14 day break.

BIB, Titanium....because you two are following the points more than I am this year...:what’s this mean for the two programs if they were to finish the season?

Won't matter much..

Because MT will just divide by 6 as long as they lose just 1 they will be in..

Penn wasn't getting in anyway unless one of the 4-0 lost 2 and they won out..which wasn't happening..

If Penn lost to MT this week it will help them a little by not playing.. Same could be said for MT I suppose

Not playing is better than losing point index wise but winning is way better than not playing point index wise.. if that makes sense..

Bonus points are better when dividing by less games

Lets say we have 7-0 vs a 6-0 and both have 3 bp's

7-0 42+3 45 (6.42)
6-0 36+3 39 (6.5)

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Won't matter much..

Because MT will just divide by 6 as long as they lose just 1 they will be in..

Penn wasn't getting in anyway unless one of the 4-0 lost 2 and they won out..which wasn't happening..

If Penn lost to MT this week it will help them a little by not playing.. Same could be said for MT I suppose

Not playing is better than losing point index wise but winning is way better than not playing point index wise.. if that makes sense..

Bonus points are better when dividing by less games

Lets say we have 7-0 vs a 6-0 and both have 3 bp's

7-0 42+3 45 (6.42)
6-0 36+3 39 (6.5)

makes sense! Thank you for the clarification. Let’s hope we can get through the season without another cancelation

Don't quote me on this but Delmar is leaning towards not playing this week and possibly next week because Milford had 1 player test positive last week. Talk about an abundance of caution...

Last edited:
add Milford v Smyrna to the list

Penn v Appo and Milford v Lake (turkey bowl battle the bell) next week is also off,, ☹

probably more to come

Last edited:
Maybe with these cancellations that Middletown and Salesianum could fit in a game some how. It would align with the pre covid schedule and give the Sals another possible lesson in humility.

Maybe the tournament should be dropped and the schedules should be filled out for 2 additional weeks if healthy teams should schedule.

Maybe I should stop writing stuff that nobody reads.

Reactions: soccer07
I read ya Bummy.. My idea of scrapping the state tournament this year and doing Bowl Games of top ranked teams and rivalries is looking better and better. So I agree with you

Middletown and Smyrna could to the the Harvest Bowl this week though if they are willing to play on short notice.. Could play it Saturday and have 3 days to prepare.. I would, why not?.. Play as many games as you can now because there is no guarantee it doesn't get shut down next week,, screw worrying about points and play-offs.. get the kids games Sr' and Jr's as well need the film vs good teams.. just my humble opinion though

Last edited:
Reactions: sbb19940
Look. A lot of folks have worked their butts off to put together the FB tournament plan. This ain't to downplay their efforts. But if things fall completely apart and we can have some competitive games in lieu of the tournament I am OK with that.

I know that if I were a senior at a school that projects to the tourney (Hodgson, MDT, Smyrna, SC) I might feel I was denied...so believe me the resistance would be understandable. (Like I was so much looking forward to a Sanford - Dover basketball rematch and then it disappeared)

Bib, I like your idea but the resistance and possible perceived unfairness kills the idea.

Everybody be safe!!!

I see that side of it as well but to me they would be no more slighted than teams who would have gotten in as a 5th or 6th seed,, so to me and of course it's only my opinion the state championship if we should have one would come with sort of an *.. I guess I don't understand the fervor in having to name a state champion this year but again I have absolutely no skin in the game just an unbiased and unsolicited opinion.

I was one of the people who rolled his eyes at the one DIAA board member suggesting bowl games, but as this season wears on, it probably would've been better. There's going to be questions surrounding whoever wins D1 and D2, especially if this is going to be the last year of this format. Was nice to at least try, but yeah, every team should've played 7 games and allowed for Thanksgiving day games and bowls after.

Totally agree with scrapping the playoffs and adding bowl games in this situation. There is definitely more cancellations. Probably will continue. As much as I like the playoffs, I would hate for a school to close and not have a chance to compete in the playoffs.
I suggest an all day football event at the Abessinio with 4-6 games on a Sat. I wouldn’t mind seeing the place and watching a ton of high school football.

I like the AB idea but due to probably limited attendance folks should be limited to 1 game and others can come the other games...but of course we are pipe dreaming here

Probably fit 8 games in the AB and some others at the lager venues like MT, Smyrna, Dover, Caravel etc... so fans can social distance

Friday Night
7pm

Sat
10am
1pm
4pm
7pm

Sunday
1pm
4pm
7pm

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Thanks first. Missed that one. So far everything I’ve seen has been ruled no contests so thanks for catching me up

Why are these games- forfeits or no contests? Does it help/hurt teams? I am not sure of the answer but I do find it interesting that the teams involved-McKean, Dickinson, and Howard are getting forfeits and not no contests. The AD’s of these teams are all on the football subcommittee too.
There has to be a connection somewhere!!!!!!

If the teams do not have enough players due to grades, injuries and are not covid related, then it is considered a forefeit. Apparently a lot of teams lost players as report cards come out. McKean V roster shows 12 players as of now

If it is covid related then a no- contest game.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Totally agree with scrapping the playoffs and adding bowl games in this situation. There is definitely more cancellations. Probably will continue. As much as I like the playoffs, I would hate for a school to close and not have a chance to compete in the playoffs.
I suggest an all day football event at the Abessinio with 4-6 games on a Sat. I wouldn’t mind seeing the place and watching a ton of high school football.
One of the reasons they went away from bowl games was to limit the number of games being played. Under the tournament format, there will be a total of 6 games after week 7. If, say, 30 teams opted into a bowl scenario, you'd be looking at an extra 15 games.

If the teams do not have enough players due to grades, injuries and are not covid related, then it is considered a forefeit. Apparently a lot of teams lost players as report cards come out. McKean V roster shows 12 players as of now

If it is covid related then a no- contest game.

Somethings funky or not entered correctly.. They show 12 on varsity but 22 on JV with some upperclassmen on JV. The JV team has almost twice as many players and is older than the varsity lol,, so that doesnt even make sense . Besides they don't show any JV games scheduled so...wtf?

If it's a fft then the game number would still show like the fft they got from JDH so the way its entered the game number was removed as a cancellation not a fft..

I have to think the person entering stuff just simply doesn't know what they are doing.

McKean HS Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
10/23/20​
Fri​
6:00pm​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HSNO SPECTATORS: Livestream Link - https://tpn.one/ubova
View Results
W​
16-6​
2​
10/30/20​
Fri​
Newark HS
H​
McKean HSNO SPECTATORS
View Results
L​
12-20​
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
John Dickinson School
H​
McKean HSJDS Forfeit
View Results
W​
2-0​
4​
11/14/20​
Sat​
12:00pm​
Glasgow HS
A​
Glasgow HSSenior Recognition
View Results
L​
20-24​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Howard HS of Tech
H​
McKean HS(Cancelled) McKean forfeit
5​
11/28/20​
Sat​
5:00pm​
Brandywine HS
A​
Brandywine HSNO AWAY FANS PERMITTED
6​
12/4/20​
Fri​
Christiana HS
H​
McKean HSSenior Night: Home Fans Only/2 Spectators Per Player

Another thing that doesn't make sense is with JDH they gave a fft win to to McKean but a week later Newark gets a NC for Covid?

John Dickinson School Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
1​
10/24/20​
Sat​
2:00pm​
Christiana HS
A​
Christiana HSView Results
L​
13-48​
2​
10/30/20​
Fri​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HSNO SPECTATORS: Livestream Link - https://tpn.one/ce95-
View Results
L​
22-42​
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
McKean HS
A​
McKean HSJDS Forfeit
View Results
L​
0-2​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Newark HS
H​
John Dickinson School(Postponed) JDS in COVID Protocol - No Contest
4​
11/21/20​
Sat​
1:00pm​
Wilm Friends School
A​
Wilm Friends School - Tattersall FieldLive stream TBD
5​
11/26/20​
Thu​
11:00am​
Glasgow HS
H​
John Dickinson SchoolHome fans only - 2 tickets per Dickinson player
6​
12/3/20​
Thu​
Howard HS of Tech
H​

Last edited:
And now Delmar on two week quarantine..

Delmar v Lake off

"Wildcats’ coach and athletic director Dave Hearn said the state Department of Public Health asked Delmar to quarantine after facing Milford last weekend. A Buccaneer player later tested positive for COVID-19, causing Milford to cancel its next two games."

Last edited:
And now Delmar on two week quarantine..

Delmar v Lake off

Wildcats’ coach and athletic director Dave Hearn said the state Department of Public Health asked Delmar to quarantine after facing Milford last weekend. A Buccaneer player later tested positive for COVID-19, causing Milford to cancel its next two games.
Are you sure about that? On websites4sports it is showing one postponement for Delmar? Shouldn't it show two if that was the case? Most schools quarantine for 2 weeks correct?

Are you sure about that? On websites4sports it is showing one postponement for Delmar? Shouldn't it show two if that was the case? Most schools quarantine for 2 weeks correct?

some of the schools put it in as a postponement in the hopes they can find a way to reschedule.. Which they really can't.. The quote I posted is from DSN and Newsjournal reporting the same thing. so yeah I am sure. They plan on trying to play the IR game according to Myers. Depending on when they started the quarantine they could play the IR game maybe on Saturday or the following Monday (like WB v Lake did) Delmar needs to find a way to play the IR game or they won't have enough games to qualify..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Friday’s Lake Forest at Delmar football game has been postponed, makeup date will be difficult. Delmar in a two-week pause after playing Milford, which had a positive test, last Friday. Wildcats still hope to play final 2 games at IR and Laurel <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/delhs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#delhs</a></p>&mdash; Brad Myers (@BradMyersTNJ) <a href="">November 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

as you can see the Lake game is off the board (no game #) DM only shows 5 games if they can keep the IR game

Delmar HS/MS Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
10/23/20​
Fri​
Woodbridge HS
A​
Woodbridge HS(Postponed) WHS Football ticket is required for admission. No visiting spectators. Gates open at 4:00 PM.
1​
10/30/20​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Seaford HS
H​
Delmar HS/MSNo visitor spectators senior night
View Results
W​
27-6​
2​
11/6/20​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Delmar HS/MSNonconference>>>No Visitors' Spectators. LINK:
View Results
L​
6-26​
3​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
H​
Delmar HS/MSNo visitor spectators
View Results
W​
20-13​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Lake Forest HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS(Postponed) No visitor spectators
4​
11/27/20​
Fri​
Indian River HS
A​
Indian River HSHome Fans Only!!! Must follow procedures posted
5​
12/4/20​
Fri​
Laurel HS
A​
Laurel HS/MSSenior Night *(2) tickets each will be available for home football players, band members, and cheerleaders. No visiting spectators.

Last edited:
Somethings funky or not entered correctly.. They show 12 on varsity but 22 on JV with some upperclassmen on JV. The JV team has almost twice as many players and is older than the varsity lol,, so that doesnt even make sense . Besides they don't show any JV games scheduled so...wtf?

If it's a fft then the game number would still show like the fft they got from JDH so the way its entered the game number was removed as a cancellation not a fft..

I have to think the person entering stuff just simply doesn't know what they are doing.

McKean HS Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
1​
10/23/20​
Fri​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HSNO SPECTATORS: Livestream Link - https://tpn.one/ubova
View Results
W​
16-6​
2​
10/30/20​
Fri​
Newark HS
H​
McKean HSNO SPECTATORS
View Results
L​
12-20​
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
John Dickinson School
H​
McKean HSJDS Forfeit
View Results
W​
2-0​
4​
11/14/20​
Sat​
12:00pm​
Glasgow HS
A​
Glasgow HSSenior Recognition
View Results
L​
20-24​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Howard HS of Tech
H​
McKean HS(Cancelled) McKean forfeit
5​
11/28/20​
Sat​
Brandywine HS
A​
Brandywine HSNO AWAY FANS PERMITTED
6​
12/4/20​
Fri​
Christiana HS
H​
McKean HSSenior Night: Home Fans Only/2 Spectators Per Player

Another thing that doesn't make sense is with JDH they gave a fft win to to McKean but a week later Newark gets a NC for Covid?

John Dickinson School Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
1​
10/24/20​
Sat​
2:00pm​
Christiana HS
A​
Christiana HSView Results
L​
13-48​
2​
10/30/20​
Fri​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HSNO SPECTATORS: Livestream Link - https://tpn.one/ce95-
View Results
L​
22-42​
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
McKean HS
A​
McKean HSJDS Forfeit
View Results
L​
0-2​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Newark HS
H​
John Dickinson School(Postponed) JDS in COVID Protocol - No Contest
4​
11/21/20​
Sat​
1:00pm​
Wilm Friends School
A​
Wilm Friends School - Tattersall FieldLive stream TBD
5​
11/26/20​
Thu​
11:00am​
Glasgow HS
H​
6​
12/3/20​
Thu​
Howard HS of Tech
H​
McKean and the rest of red clay don’t have JV. That’s basically a list of all the kids who failed off.

• Wow
Reactions: BackinBlack86
McKean and the rest of red clay don’t have JV. That’s basically a list of all the kids who failed off.

Well then they need to fix the thing then..actually the winning team is responsible for entering results so Howard needs to fix it

Well then they need to fix the thing then..actually the winning team is responsible for entering results so Howard needs to fix it
My reply was more directed to the 22 man JV roster McKean has. The cancellation is not due to Covid so I’m guessing after the date passes it will be switched to a win. I just saw that Christiana has also cancelled on Howard. Howard may be a bit rusty come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT