ADVERTISEMENT

D1 Playoffs is set!!!!

HSftballlaxFan

D1AA Prospect
Oct 4, 2008
Just a reminder....these are not official until Sunday afternoon. But my projections off my point totals.....

1. Middletown - 62 (Bye Week)
2. Smyrna - 58 (Bye Week)
3. Hodgson - 51 vs. 6. Caesar Rodney - 45
4. Sussex Central - 51 vs. 5. William Penn - 46

A DMA and a Howard win tomorrow
Morning will give Hodgson 1 more Bonus Point each, but still not enough to move them.

So.....IF CR beats Hodgson, they will travel to Middletown. Smyrna will face the winner between Central and Penn.

IF Hodgson beats CR, they will travel to Smyrna and Middletown will face the winner of Central and Penn.

D2 is not finalized until the conclusions of games tomorrow

Last edited:
Middletown should have scored at least 2 more TD's. The game wasn't as close as the final score. It could have easily been 35-14.

Reactions: 7nonstop3
I wouldn't go that far. Hodgson played solid defense against one of the better offenses in the state. The weather may have had a factor in the play calling, but from my opinion, neither team really opened the playbook. Besides the Flight A championship being on the line, it was almost an exhibition game. Middletown was locked in a bye, and Hodgson was locked into the 3rd seed. Offenses looked like they were playing conservative the entire night.

Hodgson can put up points, I thought they would score more than 7 points than they did, but both defenses sort of imposed their will tonight. You can say it's and buts, both teams had calls go their way and go against them, some fair, and some bogus but that's gonna be every game you play no matter who you play. Like I said, Hodgson looks like a serious threat to anyone wishing to claim a title.

Just double check - I believe SC has 51 pts too - so DMA-Conrad will set the field today. DMA win - Hodgson 3 seed. Conrad win - SC 3 seed. (i think)

Howard already has 7 wins - so there is no bearing (on the D1 race) with that game.

Reactions: 7nonstop3
DMA wins a D1 title by showing up at the championship game beating up both teams and playing it self to a tie

Here we go with the BS! We could of been billionaires too!
I don’t know about 35-14, more like 28-7. MT missed a wide open td on a 4th down pass. Very impressed with Hodgson freshman QB and their rb runs hard. As usual, MT was outweighed on both sides of the line by a large margin. Not sure why we don’t get many big boys coming to MT. Year after year our undersized lineman do a great job and are tough. That’s coaching.

Reactions: 8484ron and Bucsnot
Central = 50

Hodgson - 6
Queen Anne's - 6
Caravel - 4
Dover - 6
Sussex Tech - 6
Smyrna - 1
Polytech - 6
Cape - 6
Caesar Rodney - 1
Indian River - 4

Bonus points
1 from Smyrna
1 from Caesar rodney
1 from Hodgson
1 from queen annes

Actually, I thought Caravel played today for some odd reason. Just over looked it I guess. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Let's see Pitt.

BS is not in my thought process. Some of you guys don't have the ability to be unbiased. Separate reality from fiction.
The score was 21-7 that’s what it was because that’s what happened!

DMA wins a D1 title by showing up at the championship game beating up both teams and playing it self to a tie
DMA would get get run off the field by Mtown and Smyrna. You guys that still think your D2 teams can hang with the top 3-4 D1 teams are living on Fantasy Island. Guys saying Hodgson in 2013 & 2014. Now DMA this year. The air is getting really thick.

Reactions: pitt8179
DMA would get get run off the field by Mtown and Smyrna. You guys that still think your D2 teams can hang with the top 3-4 D1 teams are living on Fantasy Island. Guys saying Hodgson in 2013 & 2014. Now DMA this year. The air is getting really thick.
Don't fall for anything that non stop says hes a troll looking to start something

Reactions: 8484ron and 84rider
A shot for what? If they would have defeated an average Father Judge team (3-7) they would be in with no problem.

Salesianum had 10 shots. They missed on 4. They are makers of their own misfortune.

Fairness. Unsure. They beat Penn.....and would have gotten into the dance if Penn didn't score on a crazy play on the last play of the Concord game.

If CR and Dover hadn't dropped them...they probably would have won those games and gotten in....but that is something they had no control over.

It comes down to Judge....they lost a game against an inferior opponent. The point system has been good to them over the years. This time it wasn't.

I know no one wants to hear it but shouldn’t Sallies been given a shot .

Sallies will likely win the Cross Country State title today, (if they haven't already), and the Soccer State Title as well. Thats 2 of 3 this fall. If the big bad football team played with as much heart as the Padua Cheer squad, they would have taken care of Judge and even Middletown that night they had them.

Reactions: 2StChampDad
Sallies will likely win the Cross Country State title today, (if they haven't already), and the Soccer State Title as well. Thats 2 of 3 this fall. If the big bad football team played with as much heart as the Padua Cheer squad, they would have taken care of Judge and even Middletown that night they had them.

Maybe next year they will drop Judge and schedule Newark, Appo, or Delcastle. That Philly drive gets em every time.

Sals wasnt really a threat.. MT and Smyrna handled them.. Hot up and upcoming CR is more of a threat... Hasenpheffer!

Last edited:
Sallies dropping Judge and playing Newark , Appo or Delcastle ?

Like any of those teams would go for that . Newark dropped Sallies years ago. Newark had no interest in continuing the series. Don’t see that changing considering how bad Newark is. Appo is not very good and Delcastle...... well they lost to Dickinson this season .

Maybe CR will sign back up now that they’re better. What about SC?

Nobody above the canal is looking to schedule Sallies. That’s a fact. Maybe Caravel but that’s not good for Sallies. Adding a DII team is a bad idea. They’ll be traveling to PA and MD again next year and for the foreseeable future .

Reactions: 2StChampDad
I thought Sallies played Middletown tough for a good portion of the 1st half this year . They led 13-0 in the 2nd quarter until Middletown returned a KO for a TD. After that MT dominated but still only won by 1 score. I don’t think they or anyone in the state can beat MT though and a rematch with MT probably would’ve been a blowout loss for the Sals.

The Sals stale and predictable offense cost them both the MT and Smyrna games.

I didn’t see the Judge game and Westminster MD would beat anyone in DE.

Rest assured the playoff field and lots of haters are glad that Sallies is out of the playoffs .

@RR
they should have to run through Riverside..
24th and Concord ave!
now that would be interesting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT