ADVERTISEMENT

D1 Playoffs is set!!!!

I felt the Mtown HVT game was much closer then score indicated. I'd love to see that rematch. Was shocked at how small MT is across the board. They are tiny. Coaching and amazing technique is why that team is good year in and year out, so hats off to them. As a HVT alum i hope they can put a run together !

I thought Sallies played Middletown tough for a good portion of the 1st half this year . They led 13-0 in the 2nd quarter until Middletown returned a KO for a TD. After that MT dominated but still only won by 1 score. I don’t think they or anyone in the state can beat MT though and a rematch with MT probably would’ve been a blowout loss for the Sals.

The Sals stale and predictable offense cost them both the MT and Smyrna games.

I didn’t see the Judge game and Westminster MD would beat anyone in DE.

Rest assured the playoff field and lots of haters are glad that Sallies is out of the playoffs .
Well Stated

Sallies dropping Judge and playing Newark , Appo or Delcastle ?

Like any of those teams would go for that . Newark dropped Sallies years ago. Newark had no interest in continuing the series. Don’t see that changing considering how bad Newark is. Appo is not very good and Delcastle...... well they lost to Dickinson this season .

Maybe CR will sign back up now that they’re better. What about SC?

Nobody above the canal is looking to schedule Sallies. That’s a fact. Maybe Caravel but that’s not good for Sallies. Adding a DII team is a bad idea. They’ll be traveling to PA and MD again next year and for the foreseeable future .

Dude the post was facetious, whew...

I felt the Mtown HVT game was much closer then score indicated. I'd love to see that rematch. Was shocked at how small MT is across the board. They are tiny. Coaching and amazing technique is why that team is good year in and year out, so hats off to them. As a HVT alum i hope they can put a run together !

MOT is a tremendous rec feeder for them.. Having kids showing up in HS ready to play is a huge advantage not to mention being able to school choice out of zone MOT kids to play at MT ... Its a winning system

MOT is a tremendous rec feeder for them.. Having kids showing up in HS ready to play is a huge advantage not to mention being able to school choice out of zone MOT kids to play at MT ... Its a winning system
Only one player that I know of choiced (if that’s a word) from Appo to MT and that’s my son. 3 baseball players, including my son.

Reactions: 8484ron
Middletown isnt that big of a town.. So all the kids come up through MOT but Middletown High School gets the good ones based on geography and what side of the train tacks they live on? Sorry cant buy it and I dont think anything is wrong with it all but common sense says Appo should be just as good or close. Coaching yeah but coaching doesnt make that big of a difference if its just pot luck and zip codes

Last edited:
Just a reminder....these are not official until Sunday afternoon. But my projections off my point totals.....

1. Middletown - 62 (Bye Week)
2. Smyrna - 58 (Bye Week)
3. Hodgson - 51 vs. 6. Caesar Rodney - 45
4. Sussex Central - 51 vs. 5. William Penn - 46

A DMA and a Howard win tomorrow
Morning will give Hodgson 1 more Bonus Point each, but still not enough to move them.

So.....IF CR beats Hodgson, they will travel to Middletown. Smyrna will face the winner between Central and Penn.

IF Hodgson beats CR, they will travel to Smyrna and Middletown will face the winner of Central and Penn.

D2 is not finalized until the conclusions of games tomorrow
Good call!

Middletown isnt that big of a town.. So all the kids come up through MOT but Middletown High School gets the good ones based on geography and what side of the train tacks they live on? Sorry cant buy it and I dont think anything is wrong with it all but common sense says Appo should be just as good or close. Coaching yeah but coaching doesnt make that big of a difference if its just pot luck and zip codes

I have actually heard taped audio of Delpercio telling a MOT parent if their kid goes to Caravel then he can forget about ever being All-State.. just saying MT isn't any more clean than anyone else

I have actually heard taped audio of Delpercio telling a MOT parent if their kid goes to Caravel then he can forget about ever being All-State.. just saying MT isn't any more clean than anyone else
I asked my son before I posted and he went player by player and couldn’t come up with one player, other than himself, that choices over other than a freshman player not on Varsity. Coaching and off season commitment is the reason MT wins year in and year out. You’re wrong on this one.

Reactions: Bucsnot
I could be..but that would be really odd kids from one side of MT are that much better than the ones from the other and more committed That is learned and developed in the MOT rec league..I am sure your son is right this year but years past MT took advantage of MOT program and recruited kids out of zone in.. Not that I care but is what it is

No disrespect, butI find it hard to believe that Delpercio would make an All-state comment such as that to a youth league parent. Kids at that level change tremendously in a few years. I've been around him long enough. No way would he say that.

Good call!

Thanks Youjustme, actually, I never added DMAs bonus point to Hodgson only cause I had a busy day yesterday between work, UD and the Notre Dame/Miami game. So Hodgson really has 52. If it was 51 tied, Central would own the tiebreaker for head to heAd

I played in that mot system when they were in the Hartford Baltimore league. It was a perfect feeder pattern , as a matter of fact coach Blum for mtown was my coach at mot when i was 12-13. Great coach and a stand up guy

Harford .. Hartford is in Connecticut.. lol but yes that was a competitive league but it was also crooked as hell. MOT was competitive and did well but never won a ship that I knew of but the deck was stacked against them as Baltimore County teams was loading up on older but lighter players as well as cheating having HS kids play under some younger kids ID's or tweaking their scales Challenging league yes but fair hell no ..

Remember when I posted the crazy parent going on about the RB this year from Towson High? Well Towson High got busted for playing an ineligible player. Guess who? yep... The new Towson High HC coached in Perry Hall Rec and was busted for cheating lol Well guess who the kid played for at Perry Hall? People will do anything to win...

Reactions: CHS89
I could be..but that would be really odd kids from one side of MT are that much better than the ones from the other and more committed That is learned and developed in the MOT rec league..I am sure your son is right this year but years past MT took advantage of MOT program and recruited kids out of zone in.. Not that I care but is what it is
In all fairness both schools have an equal pool of kids. I coached at MOT for 9 years and have coached many of these young men. There are a lot very good athletes at both schools. The coaching at Mtown is really that much better. They leave no stone unturned in there preparation. The level of accountability and commitment that is expected is very high level that expands into other aspects of the athletes lives. They coach more than football. They teach them to be men. That's why they play above there physical level and over achieve every year. They don't have superior athletes. They have superior coaches and young men. If you don't fit into these categories you don't last.

Reactions: CHS89
Where does MT find these super coaches? Just asking as other kids from other schools need some.. I mean damn I would think every coach teaches the kids to be men and work ethic etc,,

Last edited:
Where does MT find these super coaches? Just asking as other kids from other schools need some.. I mean damn I would think every coach teaches the kids to be men and work ethic etc,, maybe I am wrong but that is pretty presumptions of you to say
Just like any other profession. There are people at all different levels of commitment and work ethic.

Reactions: TheRandomGuy
I thought Sallies played Middletown tough for a good portion of the 1st half this year . They led 13-0 in the 2nd quarter until Middletown returned a KO for a TD. After that MT dominated but still only won by 1 score. I don’t think they or anyone in the state can beat MT though and a rematch with MT probably would’ve been a blowout loss for the Sals.

The Sals stale and predictable offense cost them both the MT and Smyrna games.

I didn’t see the Judge game and Westminster MD would beat anyone in DE.

Rest assured the playoff field and lots of haters are glad that Sallies is out of the playoffs .

I wish Sallies was in the playoffs. What the hell am I going to post about for the next couple weeks?

I can't speak for other coaches and for Blum, but I remember Mark going out of state for coaching clinics. He'd go to meetings with some of the most popular college coaches and some retired NFL coaches. Those clinics help coaches learn how to gameplan, what's more important than some other things. He'd take that and bring it home and teach to his coaching staff what he learned.

As I remember, they try and teach that down to the MOT league as well. That way those kids are already prepared to do well. You see it every year. There are so many MOT kids on other teams than Middletowns and the majority of them are succeeding.

The high school off season workout starts the week after the final game. Not with coaches but the team will meet up together and practice, hit the weight room. There isnt many teams that do that. They train all year for just 4 months. That's what contributes to Middletown always being competitive and winning games.

Just like any other profession. There are people at all different levels of commitment and work ethic.
As a parent who has kids that played at both Appo and MT I’ve seen it first hand. The off season training at Appo, at least when my oldest was there, was a joke. Almost non-existent. The head guy didn’t hold the kids accountable and it showed on the field. At MT it’s a year round training program. If you’re not playing a winter or spring sport you’re expected to participate fully. If not, you don’t play in the fall. Come see the MCS summer workouts (Middletown Championship Series) and you’ll understand why year after year MT is prepared to compete.

I love the MCS. The best thing I've seen so far to get the absolute BEST out of the kids. It's an i house competition between the kids themselves. And the events and obstacles they must get through is 1st class training.

Last edited:
I can't speak for other coaches and for Blum, but I remember Mark going out of state for coaching clinics. He'd go to meetings with some of the most popular college coaches and some retired NFL coaches. Those clinics help coaches learn how to gameplan, what's more important than some other things. He'd take that and bring it home and teach to his coaching staff what he learned.

As I remember, they try and teach that down to the MOT league as well. That way those kids are already prepared to do well. You see it every year. There are so many MOT kids on other teams than Middletowns and the majority of them are succeeding.

The high school off season workout starts the week after the final game. Not with coaches but the team will meet up together and practice, hit the weight room. There isnt many teams that do that. They train all year for just 4 months. That's what contributes to Middletown always being competitive and winning games.

Not saying you are wrong but how do you know other coaches/programs dont do the same things? I know Caravel does but dont know what the other schools do off season... I just think its a bit arrogant to assume no one else is putting the same work in..

I said I couldn't speak for those other coaches...I don't know what other coaches do. I was just going into what Mark did while he was here. I assume the better coaches do the same thing, such as Coaxh Reed from Caravel, Dinardo, Wells, Ritter, Judy and Moffet.
But everyone walks away from those clinics with something different and new. They do with it as they wish

As a parent who has kids that played at both Appo and MT I’ve seen it first hand. The off season training at Appo, at least when my oldest was there, was a joke. Almost non-existent. The head guy didn’t hold the kids accountable and it showed on the field. At MT it’s a year round training program. If you’re not playing a winter or spring sport you’re expected to participate fully. If not, you don’t play in the fall. Come see the MCS summer workouts (Middletown Championship Series) and you’ll understand why year after year MT is prepared to compete.

While I agree that is a hallmark of good programs but expecting kids to participate out of season and there be consequences if they don't is a DIAA violation and a big one

While I agree that is a hallmark of good programs but expecting kids to participate out of season and there be consequences if they don't is a DIAA violation and a big one
Come on RR...You know the deal. It’s not mandatory, but it’s mandatory. It’s an unwritten rule at any successful program. Put in the work if you want to play. Except for maybe Caravel where you can show up week 7 and get on the field. Have seen it first hand as you know.

This fact has not gone unnoticed. Everyone we deal with always talks highly of this program and it’s the class of the state. The kids that come out of there have the work ethics needed to compete at the next level. That really is half the battle for college coaches. Middletown prospects understand work.

Come on RR...You know the deal. It’s not mandatory, but it’s mandatory. It’s an unwritten rule at any successful program. Put in the work if you want to play. Except for maybe Caravel where you can show up week 7 and get on the field. Have seen it first hand as you know.

6.5 Conditioning Programs
6.5.1 A Member school may conduct a conditioning program in accordance with the following provisions:
6.5.1.1 The conditioning program must be available to all interested students, must not be restricted to members of a particular team, and must be publicized as such.
6.5.1.2 Student participation must be voluntary. The conditioning program must not be a prerequisite for trying out for a particular team.
6.5.1.3 Permissible activities include stretching, lifting weights, jumping rope, running, calisthenics, aerobics, and similar generic conditioning activities. Organized drills in the
skills or techniques of a particular sport are prohibited.

CA has kids that dont participate because they play baseball or AAU basketball during the summer. Which by rule CA coaches can do nothing about it

just saying lol

Last edited:
Harford .. Hartford is in Connecticut.. lol but yes that was a competitive league but it was also crooked as hell. MOT was competitive and did well but never won a ship that I knew of but the deck was stacked against them as Baltimore County teams was loading up on older but lighter players as well as cheating having HS kids play under some younger kids ID's or tweaking their scales Challenging league yes but fair hell no ..

Remember when I posted the crazy parent going on about the RB this year from Towson High? Well Towson High got busted for playing an ineligible player. Guess who? yep... The new Towson High HC coached in Perry Hall Rec and was busted for cheating lol Well guess who the kid played for at Perry Hall? People will do anything to win...

Harford*** dont care much about grammar on here to be honest, my mistake lol. That league was the most competitive league around back then. Traveling to play stacked teams from Baltimore. And many championships were won, That team with kenny anderson and company had a few under their belts i believe. MOT was very competitive back then. And you saw it translate right to the middletown program. As they're deep in the playoffs year in and out. Darius Wade and Godwin both came through MOT.

Just seeing how undersized middeltown is, yet still competing year in and out says a lot. Technique and hard work is definitely taught there, starting at the youth program, and has been for decades. I'm no middletown fan, but you cant argue with success.

MOT won some C division championships but dont recall any A . They played for a few A ships though.... Anderson got Rick Rolled by Moody and Middle River most every year and when it wast Middle River it was Bel Air BTW its wasnt grammar it was just not knowing geography or what the hell you talking about .. just saying

6.5 Conditioning Programs
6.5.1 A Member school may conduct a conditioning program in accordance with the following provisions:
6.5.1.1 The conditioning program must be available to all interested students, must not be restricted to members of a particular team, and must be publicized as such.
6.5.1.2 Student participation must be voluntary. The conditioning program must not be a prerequisite for trying out for a particular team.
6.5.1.3 Permissible activities include stretching, lifting weights, jumping rope, running, calisthenics, aerobics, and similar generic conditioning activities. Organized drills in the
skills or techniques of a particular sport are prohibited.

CA has kids that dont participate because they play baseball or AAU basketball during the summer. Which by rule CA coaches can do nothing about it

just saying lol
All schools have kids that play summer sports and miss conditioning. Not all schools allow kids to come on the team after missing the entire training camp from August 15 and games have started. It’s about kids being committed to the off season workouts if the don’t have prior commitments. By the rules the coaches can’t hold missing workouts against kids, but let’s not be naive that they might. At a school like CA with limited numbers you really can’t. My point is...the most successful teams have the most dedicated players and coaches.

Reactions: 8484ron
Sounds like you have a personal issue with CA just saying I do recall CA pulled some kids from the halls one year and do recall you once saying your kid used to go to CA is this an issue?

Last edited:
When I was coaching I ran into almost every staff in the state at certain clinics. Middletown staff was always there in full force. MOT program does a great job and the kids going to MT are usually very well versed in good fundamental football . Football isn’t just a hobby for them . It’s an all year round thing for that group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT