ADVERTISEMENT

DE youth football ballin on a national stage

The_Foghorn

D1AA Prospect
Sep 29, 2011
MOT sent 4 teams to The Pro Football Hall of Fame World Championship tournament last week. 12U won the championship and 10U made it to the finals before losing to Las Vegas.

It is also my understanding that the Ducks 9U and 10U made it to the FBU championship games in Florida.

Delaware has some crazy talent coming up.

CBS Sports Network commentators quoted the 12U Team Mom (my oldest daughter who was on the cheer squad in 1988).........."MOT is very proud of their 12U players high GPA."

Finally, I get to give PROPS to my son-in-law (the OC this game) for calling an OK game.

Thank you ALL. It was a great experience for my oldest grandson visiting the FB HOF.

I just wish I could of went...someone had to let their dog out 3x a day for the week.

48270711_10161129621215414_8918564001768538112_o.jpg

CBS Sports Network commentators quoted the 12U Team Mom (my oldest daughter who was on the cheer squad in 1988).........."MOT is very proud of their 12U players high GPA."

Finally, I get to give PROPS to my son-in-law (the OC this game) for calling an OK game.

Thank you ALL. It was a great experience for my oldest grandson visiting the FB HOF.

I just wish I could of went...someone had to let their dog out 3x a day for the week.

48270711_10161129621215414_8918564001768538112_o.jpg

Great group of parents and kids. Almost all of us on the 10u and 12u teams stayed in the same hotel. We had a blast.

It's pretty cool that the CBS Sports channel carried the 12u championship.

Reactions: cavaliercharlie
Welll as long as the parents had a blast it’s all good. I happen to agree with IKEY on this issue a child’s brain isn’t fully hardened until 10 to 12 years old. Also kids that young can barely function wearing all that equipment. They are like bobble head dolls. I firmly believe kids should play flag and learn the skill sets of the game before putting on pads. I have witnessed coaches and parents salivating over the hits and physical parts of the game. I have also witnessed youth coaches running drills which forces kids into head on collisions and yahoo and wahoo over the collisions. I think that borders on child abuse for the coaches and parents entertainment

Last edited:
Reactions: soccer07
  1. Great subject. Safety, Education and Resources are important to me when choosing a youth football organization.
    Children should be of middle school age or later (depending on their physical development)
    Agree. Not a fan of Helmets with feet.

Football is not for everyone or every family. If we would meet I would shake your hand and ask you to turn around and walk away as fast as you can, please. Because you will never be the same again, ever.

Or reread #1 and choose (your football family) wisely.

Tackling in Youth Football - Pediatrics

This is an area where I am clueless. Having said that I think it is important that youth FB teaches kids: how to block and tackle safely, the value of teamwork, rules of the game and sportsmanship. Without sounding too academic you want to create competitiveness within the parameters of a caring and protective culture.

If kids learn just by mimicking what they see on TV then that creates more issues.

Reactions: cavaliercharlie
There are also a lot of people who think nobody at all should play tackle football. Everybody has an opinion.

The point of the post was not to elicit personal points of view on youth football - it was to let people know that in the not so distant future, Delaware may not be an overlooked state for football recruiting. There are a lot of really good youth coaches in our in-state organizations teaching these kids the proper way to play football and the results are starting to show up on a national stage.

Jeez … I'll get off your lawn now.

Pee-wee football wtih this kids is the equivalent of the little league baseball at Williamsport. These kids are advanced physically for their age but once they get older they "usually" become middle of the pack while others become the new cream of the crop and become the new competition. This is nothing more. Yes, having these little guys playing and showing off their skills is exciting. But lets be realistic, maybe 2 or 3 of all of these kids might make a formidable impact in local high school football level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT