Howard (4-1)
Friends (4-1)
Tower Hill (4-1)
Archmere (4-1)
St. Marks (4-1)
St. Elizabeth (4-1)
Woodbridge (3-2)
DMA (3-2)

Delmar is playing weak opponents but dominating. AI offense continues to prove to be explosive on very weak opponents also. Howard has played a decent schedule and proven themselves. Friends beat a pretty strong woodbridge team but lost to a solid ANC team that we don't know much about. Tower Hill's only loss was to a strong Harford Tech team and the rest of the teams they have played have been weak. Archmere proved themselves with the St. Marks win. St. Marks seems solid but still looking to get their big win of the season. Woodbridge has lost to both of their good opponents. DMA started the season strong but has had a lot of trouble the past two weeks.

Couple good games in D2 this week that could jumble the pecking order...

Archmere / DMA
Friends / StE's
Milford / Woodbridge

Also, Delmar steps into conference play vs Lake which should be a good measuring stick as Lake has played both Friends and AI.

Does anyone think that DIFCA/DIAA will ever move to a football selection committee for playoffs? Has it ever been discussed at a higher level?

Does anyone think that DIFCA/DIAA will ever move to a football selection committee for playoffs? Has it ever been discussed at a higher level?

That was a mess before they changed to a point system. The current process takes out all prejudice. Is it perfect? No. Will teams sneak in with candy schedules, yes. The current system is fine.

I honestly don't have a problem with the system as it stands. There can be some tweaks to it as far as strength of schedule.

the cupcake schedule philosophy should not help teams reach the playoffs because we can see what happens when they get in. They get blown out.

Myself personally, I would have taken a 6-4 sallies team over a 7-3 Penn/Cr team because of their schedules last year. Although CR did a decent job against Hodgson.

Division 2 is more of a culprit when it comes to cupcakes than Division 1. I don't think it works as much in Division 1, for instance Cape went 8-2 but besides their conference games they were all Easy wins against Division 2 teams, and they missed the playoffs to 7-3 teams.

The only bugaboo in the system is D2 Teams scheduling terrible D1 teams and stealing points. Dont blame the system blame the weak ass coaches who try and schedule creampuffs just to get in the tournament,,

The only bugaboo in the system is D2 Teams scheduling terrible D1 teams and stealing points. Dont blame the system blame the weak ass coaches who try and schedule creampuffs just to get in the tournament,,

And DIAA could stop being lazy and look into just how many Cab kids are playing sports and they'd likely find that Charter is a D2 school. Alas.

well ya we discussed that before. but you have certain rules .. like 8th grade kids in the same building can play JV or V for that matter the rules are in place for a small state with small schools.. Yes two schools in the same building counts for their totals Even if its just 1 cab kid that plays football DIAA rules are for all sports not just football

Charter being classified DI is ludicrous . I don’t care about the numbers. Common sense should factor in. They can’t even win a game against SPL teams.

Just seems real obvious how to handle it.

This is my only reason for putting that out there. We all know there are typically 4-5 D2 schools who have difficulty finding games. Ultimately, it’s unfair...but I guess the system is the system. Odds must be overcome.

Guys its not only about football a fact y'all cant grasp If Charter can combine with Cab and put a super soccer team together would that be fair to the other D2 soccer teams?

The one objective figure to use in determining competition level is attendance figures. More students = more potential athletes. Also have to factor in the schedule making. Nobody wants to remake schedules each and every year. But...

Perhaps there's a way to implement some sort of waiver or application process to compete at a different level, (similar to the application process to compete in State dual meet wrestling championships).... there should be some criteria though such as previous years record, # of expected returnees, # returning starters, # returning players with post season honors, scouting ranking, etc. Proposal should be drafted by head coach, approved by AD, and conference. If this were implemented, you would have to consider the potential negative impacts to opposing teams on their SOS. And may have to implement a selection committee for post season

Could also consider a relegation system (promotion/demotion) similar to what they have in European soccer. Figure out a way to take the previous 1-2 years record & points differential into consideration for moving up & down. There's clearly a difference in losing close games vs. getting blown out.

Just a thought!

My main argument about the whole thing is how is Charter a D1 school but playing in a D2 division?
All of these schools are getting double points for beating them even tho they should technically be D2.
Milford when they transfer in to the Henlopen North next year will have to move to D1 cause thats the conference they are in while South is D2. I dont get the whole Charter remaining D1 in the Diamond State conference.

DMA vs Archmere this weekend is huge for D2!

Must win for DMA if they want home field in the first round. They should still make the tournament with an easy back end of FSMA, Conrad and Newark, but lose to both Archmere and St. Mark's next weekend and then it becomes a question mark.

has anyone got any info on the AI vs Christiana game? this could have huge playoff seeding implications

If he's missing games, you can cancel Christmas. DMA is...not good without him.

Got hurt during the St E's game played the rest of the game as a decoy.. Didn't play last game vs HVT.. Does anyone know when he will be back or is it double top secret information for gamesmanship lol

Got hurt during the St E's game played the rest of the game as a decoy.. Didn't play last game vs HVT.. Does anyone know when he will be back or is it double top secret information for gamesmanship lol

He's back for this week. Think last weeks resting was just an extra game plus why risk furthering the injury against a team they had no chance in

After sitting Cohran vs. most likely loss last week, look for him to have fresh legs. Its for the conference title. There's a chance he goes off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT