ADVERTISEMENT

DMA Football needs a place to call home!

Jawnsky

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2012
DE
DMA vs St.Marks game probably going to change venues , especially considering changes were already made to accommodate Salesianum game Saturday.

Hopefully for the programs sake-they can get a field to call home sooner than later.

@ceech

if E.C.A. can do it, so can DMA...haaaaaa

images

there has to be one close by....

just saying

It looks like there is a park right to the southwest of the DMA campus. I am sure the community wouldn't mind if you built a stadium there. If they don't like it, it would be wise to look for a much bigger piece of land that you can build both a school and stadium on. All kidding a side, being a charter school kind of handcuffs what can be done with regards to this wish list item. It is great that there is a school such as this available to students, unfortunately it comes with a price.
This post was edited on 10/3 8:26 PM by ikeyfbst

Believe me when i say this has been a huge issue at DMA and they are working to rectify this but its going to be a long process and probably take several more years to fix!!! As for the near future DMA are the "beggars" and as we know "beggars" can't be choosers.

This post was edited on 10/3 9:17 PM by youthcoachfan

I am sure that there is a great deal of politics involved, but with the continued growth of Charter Schools I think it's time that districts look for stadiums that multiple schools HAVE to share. The technology is out there to the point that districts can save money and still have quality facilities.

Replacing grass with NextTurf at Baynard would help immensely. That proposal and the funding to make it happen was proposed 20 years ago - and before the incredible advances in artificial turf technogy. Let it happen...

BTW - the original plan was shot down emphatically by then Mayor Sills - and before the State took over management of Baynard.

Agreed on the artificial turf.......they could hold even more events there and showcase it. it is a great facility and lots of history.Funny you mention Sills.He did offer 1 alternative and it looked something like this....

sprint1.jpg
[/URL]

The easy fix would be for Baynard to add turf because with five and sometimes six high schools using the field as a home, the grass is just non existent.

As far as DMA, there's no way the county lets them touch Banning Park, so they're going to have to be creative in finding a permanent home.

Another short term fix is to have a couple of schools move to temporary locations. Howard could easily use PS DuPont's field, because it's about the same distance (probably closer) as Baynard and we don't even know if Moyer's gonna be around next year, so that means the home teams at Baynard would be Sallies, St. E's, DMA and St. Mark's on special occasions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT