ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles’s QB

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
There can’t be a doubt right now that Jalen Hurts is the team‘s only option.
This was from the end of last season...

What is going on with Wentz? Was it the concussion that he got in the playoffs on the hit by Clowney.... and he never recovered?

Based on a one game sample size, this job belongs to Hurts. That ‘s it.

For the rest of this year. Don't be shocked if Hurts is traded for a first round draft pick plus a second and third rounder. The Wentz contract saves him for a year or two.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Wentz had a solid rookie year. He had a great 2nd year but had a season ending injury and Foles took them to the promised land. Wentz had an OK 3rd year but was injured again and Foles led them to a playoff win. Wentz had a mediocre 4th year and got tattooed to a fair thee well in a playoff game loss and suffered a concussion on a questionable hit by Mr. Clowney In a very close game.

This, the 5th year, Carson Wentz has stunk. Now, there have been contributing factors, like the O line that has had 13 different groupings due to injuries. Yet, there has to be more to this. Based on how bad he has been, I wonder if there are lingering effects of last year’s concussion. Possibly, they need a real good scan of his brain because his skill level has just plummeted. Seriously, I don’t think I have ever seen such a drop off in my long life.

My theory is that there is no QB controversy and that the Howie and Doug knew something was askew and that is why they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round last year. Jalen Hurts is the current and future QB of the Eagles. The kid would have hung another W on the line if it wasn’t for the atrocious special teams play of the Birds.

Wentz had a solid rookie year. He had a great 2nd year but had a season ending injury and Foles took them to the promised land. Wentz had an OK 3rd year but was injured again and Foles led them to a playoff win. Wentz had a mediocre 4th year and got tattooed to a fair thee well in a playoff game loss and suffered a concussion on a questionable hit by Mr. Clowney In a very close game.

This, the 5th year, Carson Wentz has stunk. Now, there have been contributing factors, like the O line that has had 13 different groupings due to injuries. Yet, there has to be more to this. Based on how bad he has been, I wonder if there are lingering effects of last year’s concussion. Possibly, they need a real good scan of his brain because his skill level has just plummeted. Seriously, I don’t think I have ever seen such a drop off in my long life.

My theory is that there is no QB controversy and that the Howie and Doug knew something was askew and that is why they drafted Hurts in the 2nd round last year. Jalen Hurts is the current and future QB of the Eagles. The kid would have hung another W on the line if it wasn’t for the atrocious special teams play of the Birds.

NPOA... first clue was when he showed up to camp with the Dad bod..lol.. but yeah he aged quickly..sometimes having a kid can affect you.. well it definitely ages you but you also maybe aren't so daring and reckless with your body. like you lose some nerve or something. I don't know.

He reminds me a little bit of the Elvis Grbac situation when he got paid then lost his edge..then didn't want to play no more.. will be interesting to see where he lands and how he does like if he can get that edge back because he definitely lost it..

Last edited:
Ole Philly got a heck of a problem. Cut Wentz and they take a 60mm cap hit. Trade him with a huge contract and have to pick up a big chunk of it or sit him and watch money burn. Another option: trade him to the Jets for their Number one and second round picks plus a later round pick in next years draft. Then go after Justin Fields or the kid from Florida. They also need huge help rebuilding the O-line and this might help.

Reactions: 84rider
dove.the Jets historically have made some bonehead moves..but they ain’t that stupid. Then again, they were dumb enough to beat the Rams yesterday and turnover that #1 pick to Jacksonville.

Bib, forgot about Elvis Grbac.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT