ADVERTISEMENT

Exuberation: City is 29-5

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
Yes, it’s late October. All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray. It is time to have a brief overview of the Wilmington High School football rankings. Amazingly, we have 2 all City of Wilmington(COW) contests on Friday (10/28).

Prestigious City Rankings.

1 & 2 Tied: Salesianum (7-1) & Howard (7-1).
The Jr. laden Sals seem to find the Henny to be their kryptonite. Almost were beaten by the Cape, shutout by Central. Friday night at Smyrna should bring pain.

Howard. Friday at 430 at Tower Hill. I wonder if the Eastsiders will feel the aftereffects of their beatdown by Friends. No, there couldn’t be a 2-game losing streak to the Silk Panty League.

3 & 4 Tied: St. Lizzies and Charter (Both 7-0) God has a sense of humor. Both teams are undefeated and playing each other Friday night at Abba dabba stadium. 2 years ago, this would have been the game of the weak. Now, it is the game of the week. Get there early, traffic may be backed up to 18th Street (that’s a joke, out-of-towners). I look for the IQ crew to get handled by the Canby Parkers.

5. Tower Hill (3-3). As previously mentioned, the Hillers host the Wildcats. Maybe Bummy will catch both all city tilts on Friday - 430PM and 730PM. Stop by and say hello. I will be wearing a Bruno Cucinelli suit with a Missoni scarf and Girotti shoes. Stop by. Say Hi.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s late October. All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray. It is time to have a brief overview of the Wilmington High School football rankings. Amazingly, we have 2 all city COW contests on Friday (10/28).

Prestigious City Rankings.

1 & 2 Tied: Salesianum (7-1) & Howard (7-1).
The Jr. laden Sals seem to find the Henny to be their kryptonite. Almost were beaten by the Cape, shutout by Central. Friday night at Smyrna should bring pain.

Howard. Friday at 430 at Tower Hill. I wonder if the Eastsiders will feel the aftereffects of their beatdown by Friends. No, there couldn’t be a 2-game losing streak to the Silk Panty League.

3 & 4 Tied: St. Lizzies and Charter (Both 7-0) God has a sense of humor. Both teams are undefeated and playing each other Friday night at Abba dabba stadium. 2 years ago, this would have been the game of the weak. Now, it is the game of the week. Get there early, traffic may be backed up to 18th Street (that’s a joke, out-of-towners). I look for the IQ crew to get handled by the Canby Parkers.

5. Tower Hill (3-3). As previously mentioned, the Hillers host the Wildcats. Maybe Bummy will catch both all city tilts on Friday - 430PM and 730PM. Stop by and say hello. I will be wearing a Bruno Cucinelli suit with a Missoni scarf and Girotti shoes. Stop by. Say Hi.
Well this is embarrassing. I’ll be wearing the same thing.

Well this is embarrassing. I’ll be wearing the same thing.

If I dressed like that, I would be mistaken for a Tower Hill grandfather.
All joking aside, it is cool to have 2 undefeated teams playing this late in the season. Maybe this is a real FB rivalry in the making.

Reactions: Huskerman7
2 real beat downs in COW games. Howard showed up in a bad mood at Tower Hill and the St. Lizzies rolled over the IQ crew. (Still miss those St. E's - Howard games of 3 decades ago...Hemphill vs. Grandell)

The Eagles and Sals shall meet again. What did we learn from this one?

Sals probably would like a few play calls back for sure, it’s fine line between being to aggressive and ball control. Their D wore down, but Smyrna to explosive to be out of position or lose gap for one play it’ll cost you. Igreat half for Sals, but great game for Smyrna

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Sals probably would like a few play calls back for sure, it’s fine line between being to aggressive and ball control. Their D wore down, but Smyrna to explosive to be out of position or lose gap for one play it’ll cost you. Igreat half for Sals, but great game for Smyrna
NPOA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT