ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores Week 2

In relevant OOS action SJP took down Gonzaga 35-3 last night. MT is going to have a tough go of it in few weeks vs them.

I'd agree with that Mtown kept charging away and finally got the ground game going at the end.
I didn’t watch closely enough but I wonder if Smyrna guys play both ways and MTown does not. Definitely won in the trenches in the second half.
M-Town did a great job of containing Knight.
I would bet Smyrna did not show M-Town everything. We may seem them again. Sallies is in the picture

I didn’t watch closely enough but I wonder if Smyrna guys play both ways and MTown does not. Definitely won in the trenches in the second half.
M-Town did a great job of containing Knight.
I would bet Smyrna did not show M-Town everything. We may seem them again. Sallies is in the picture

No one on Smyrna plays both ways. It's been like that since Judy came there. Their D would would probably be better if they did play a few studs both ways though. IMO

No one on Smyrna plays both ways. It's been like that since Judy came there. Their D would would probably be better if they did play a few studs both ways though. IMO
I know 2 of the 3 DL are sophomores and I'm not sure about the 3rd but he may be only a sophomore or junior. A big thing was the corners played soft and let Davis throw those short 7-10 yard passes on the outside. Most of their yards came from that.

Two plays that stuck out to me for Smyrna is the punt in their short yardage formation that got blocked. Great for fourth and less than 5, but 4th and 20 your not fooling anybody! The second bad decision was going for it on 4th down and not punting the ball to Middletown in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go deep in their own territory and only down 21-14. I know they do things there own way but special teams cost them when playing close to or better opponents.

So, I just saw a letter that the Smyrna school district sent out to its parents, students, staff and etc. that with the amount of fights that went on during the last two football games that they are no longer letting any children under the grade of 8 to be in the stadium without accompanied by a parent…otherwise they might suspend the fact that that fans will be allowed.

I know first hand that last Friday here were kids throwing sodas and water over the bleachers at Middletown fans, it quickly stopped once more cops came and patrolled the bleachers.

I’m bringing this up because don’t be the asshole who ruins it for everyone else. It only takes one school to deny fans entry before others follow suit. Have respect and enjoy the games. Cheer your players and coaches ok whether they are winning or losing

Reactions: Huskerman7
So, I just saw a letter that the Smyrna school district sent out to its parents, students, staff and etc. that with the amount of fights that went on during the last two football games that they are no longer letting any children under the grade of 8 to be in the stadium without accompanied by a parent…otherwise they might suspend the fact that that fans will be allowed.

I know first hand that last Friday here were kids throwing sodas and water over the bleachers at Middletown fans, it quickly stopped once more cops came and patrolled the bleachers.

I’m bringing this up because don’t be the asshole who ruins it for everyone else. It only takes one school to deny fans entry before others follow suit. Have respect and enjoy the games. Cheer your players and coaches ok whether they are winning or losing

They should have sent a letter about booing the refs and how it does nothing to help the team. Smyrna fans are getting quite the reputation lol.. especially now with the streaming and everyone can hear their ridiculous comments. Anyone who watched the stream could tell the announcers were getting very annoyed dealing with them. It's high school football folks not the NFL. Refs are what they are and it will get worse the more this nonsense goes on. No one will want to do it. I am pretty sure games @ Smyrna are not on any of the referee's wish list each weak. The seasoned refs will simply say no thank you, send one of the newbies there. I am not just picking on Smyrna it's bad other places as well just Smyrna is on the 302 streams quite often and every time it's embarrassing. Or at least they should be embarrassed.

I don't mean to pile on the Smyrna stuff but, I went to one game at the high school a couple years ago and while the stadium is nice and it has the ability to have an amazing feeling, I was so uncomfortable in the stands and the area around the entrance. The the stuff that the fans would yell at players, coaches, and refs was bad. And I'm not a prude but smuggling alcohol in your thermos to drink at a high school football game to me is off putting.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I don't mean to pile on the Smyrna stuff but, I went to one game at the high school a couple years ago and while the stadium is nice and it has the ability to have an amazing feeling, I was so uncomfortable in the stands and the area around the entrance. The the stuff that the fans would yell at players, coaches, and refs was bad. And I'm not a prude but smuggling alcohol in your thermos to drink at a high school football game to me is off putting.

Imagine sending a link to the game to your out of state friends who like to rag you about Delaware football. Talking up the two 4star QB's facing off and what have you. Imagine they didn't even bother to rag you about the play on the field but only wanted to comment on the ridiculous fans. 😳

Last edited:
I imagine sending a link to the game to your out of state friends who like to rag you about Delaware football. Talking up the two 4star QB's facing off and what have you. Imagine they didn't even bother to rag you about the play on the field but only wanted to comment on the ridiculous fans. 😳
I imagine I would respond with "that's Smyrna pride" lmao 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT