ADVERTISEMENT

Games are set

Penn will struggle to score a touchdown, yet alone two. ONLY two teams have scored 14 points on the Cavs defense, Smyrna (Championship Caliber team) and Upper Darby (A Strong PA team that would beat anyone on their best day). The closest after that was Sallies who put up 13.

Middletown will continue to point points on the board, so unless Penn has done some drastic changes to their defense, Middletown wins going away.

This is a weak year for playoffs like I said in the preseason, No one is beating Middletown but Smyrna, no one is beating Smyrna but Middletown. It's a two horse race, after that, it drops.

Division 2 can almost go the same route, seeing how some of the best teams didn't even make it into the tournament. Delmar and Milford will ease into the championship game.

With all teams coming from below the canal, I vote the games should be moved back to Delaware State.

First, let them play the games first before we start declaring who will be in the championship games.

Secondly, the games should always be at Del State, right in the middle of Delaware.

Thirdly, as has been bandied about relentlessly, the only team missing out is Caravel who IMHO should have been in over Tower Hill. The system really needs to be looked at, but that does not change the fact that everyone played under the same system this year. The AD's make the schedules and are ultimately responsible for deciding who they play.

im not saying wp will win im saying i believe it will be closer than a blow out. does that not make sense to you still
“does that not make sense to you still”????? English as a second language???? Your vocabulary and sentence structure doesn’t make sense to me that’s for sure. I’m going with a blowout because of what I saw the first game and what I’ve seen from MT all year. I’m a MT homer but also a realist.

Reactions: 8484ron
CHS......any idea what time your getting to the game Friday? Would like to meet up, talk football while throwing a few back.

Middletown 34 Penn 7
Middletown is just to good

Hodgson 28 Smyrna 21
Hodgson wins the game late

A.I. DuPont- 38 Delmar 35
Classic strength vs weaknesses on D. Team who has the ball last wins.

Milford - 28 Friends 14
Bowman is to much. Playing QB last week throwing and running. Could be a blow out

Agree Bowman is playing lights out and is a handful, but Friends defense is pretty good. I don't think it will be a blowout on either side.

Disagree with Delmar game. I believe Delmar will beat AI pretty easily.

Interested to see how the Smyrna game plays out

Agree with Middletown

I
CHS......any idea what time your getting to the game Friday? Would like to meet up, talk football while throwing a few back.
I know who you are. We say Hi to each other. My son is the long snapper if that helps. I’m always there super early as I help with the helmet pre-game. I’ll be tailgating probably around 4:30. See you there. Go Cavs!!!

OH! I gotcha. Well my party starts at 4. So you all are welcome. Along the fence line in Sharondale. I'll be flying the Middletown and American Flags

Reactions: CHS89
Middletown 34 Penn 7
Middletown is just to good

Hodgson 28 Smyrna 21
Hodgson wins the game late

A.I. DuPont- 38 Delmar 35
Classic strength vs weaknesses on D. Team who has the ball last wins.

Milford - 28 Friends 14
Bowman is to much. Playing QB last week throwing and running. Could be a blow out
Smryna will handle Hodgson easily.. At there house too... Please...

“does that not make sense to you still”????? English as a second language???? Your vocabulary and sentence structure doesn’t make sense to me that’s for sure. I’m going with a blowout because of what I saw the first game and what I’ve seen from MT all year. I’m a MT homer but also a realist.
I never said MT wouldn't win all I said was I didn't agree to scores of the game. Next having faith in your team is fine but also assuming Knight is healthy you can kiss the chip goodbye. Lastly each week is different than the first time around, you can't judge a game due to past results because that is completely and utterly independent of what is happening now. Do I think Penn wins? No, but I do think it will be respectable, I don't think they will get blown out and if MT thinks that will happen it will be a pretty long night.

I never said MT wouldn't win all I said was I didn't agree to scores of the game. Next having faith in your team is fine but also assuming Knight is healthy you can kiss the chip goodbye. Lastly each week is different than the first time around, you can't judge a game due to past results because that is completely and utterly independent of what is happening now. Do I think Penn wins? No, but I do think it will be respectable, I don't think they will get blown out and if MT thinks that will happen it will be a pretty long night.

Middletown allowed 10 touchdowns in 10 games. Four of them were by Smyrna. That's 6 in the other 9 games. Penn will struggle to get 10 first downs let alone 2 touchdowns. Running clock by early 4th quarter. Don't let Penn's upset of a mediocre SC team cloud your mind. Keep in mind that Penn only scored 12 points in that game.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
What is happening now is MT is 10-0, WP 7-4. Next week MT will be 11-0. Knight isn’t healthy and hasn’t been all season. He’s just a freak of an athlete that battles through it. The championship game will be what it should be...1 vs. 2.

What is happening now is MT is 10-0, WP 7-4. Next week MT will be 11-0. Knight isn’t healthy and hasn’t been all season. He’s just a freak of an athlete that battles through it. The championship game will be what it should be...1 vs. 2.
Knight still will get 4 or more vs MT... At 70%... MT is a good team but no where near great team...time if Knight was at least 90%... He would run threw MT even worser than first time. ..

Reactions: saints55
Knight still will get 4 or more vs MT... At 70%... MT is a good team but no where near great team...time if Knight was at least 90%... He would run threw MT even worser than first time. ..
Man the English is bad on this thread...”even worser”. The “good” MT team beat your Smyrna team last time they played as I recall. Wasn’t knocking Knight but giving him props for what he’s done being banged up. We will see next Saturday.

Man the English is bad on this thread...”even worser”. The “good” MT team beat your Smyrna team last time they played as I recall. Wasn’t knocking Knight but giving him props for what he’s done being banged up. We will see next Saturday.
Things are worser even then I remember!

Reactions: CHS89
I thunk you mean to say morer worser.
Ikey, just wanted to point out one typo. I'm sure you meant "thinked" but "thunk" popped up. Crazy auto-correct gets you every time! And they say technology represents progressed!

First, let them play the games first before we start declaring who will be in the championship games.

Secondly, the games should always be at Del State, right in the middle of Delaware.

Thirdly, as has been bandied about relentlessly, the only team missing out is Caravel who IMHO should have been in over Tower Hill. The system really needs to be looked at, but that does not change the fact that everyone played under the same system this year. The AD's make the schedules and are ultimately responsible for deciding who they play.

DSU - Alumni Stadium 7,200 seats
UD - Delaware Stadium 22,000 seats

No Brainer!!!!

Can you imagine that Sallies vs Smryna game a couple years ago at DSU. Drive down to get turned around because game is sold out.

Reactions: Bucsnot
Delmar's gonna roll. An extra 10 minutes on the bus will fire them up and AI's too small upfront to deal with that run game.

Milford/Friends is a toss-up for me. Both have phenomenal defenses and sound running games. Nelson might be the tie-breaker for real, so I'll go with Friends.

Smyrna's chances to me depend on Will Knight's health. If he's good, they're good. If not, Hodgson has a real shot.

Penn getting in and winning a playoff game was nice, but that's where it ends. Cavs roll.

DSU - Alumni Stadium 7,200 seats
UD - Delaware Stadium 22,000 seats

No Brainer!!!!

Can you imagine that Sallies vs Smryna game a couple years ago at DSU. Drive down to get turned around because game is sold out.
They used to hold them on two different nights, big difference. But your point is well taken. I wonder if they ever had to turn people away when they held it at DSU.

Reactions: VoiceofReason247
QUOTE No wats real funny... MT know that Knight is getting the ball and still couldn't stop him..smh.. But yet people think MT is great. ... Only in DE...

QUOTE No wats real funny... MT know that Knight is getting the ball and still couldn't stop him..smh.. But yet people think MT is great. ... Only in DE...
Who said they were great??? Who has stopped Knight in 4 years? He’s a little over 100 yards from breaking the states all-time rushing record. That’s greatness. We will have all next week to talk MT/Smyrna. It will be settled on the field next Saturday.

Reactions: spartakos
Who said they were great??? Who has stopped Knight in 4 years? He’s a little over 100 yards from breaking the states all-time rushing record. That’s greatness. We will have all next week to talk MT/Smyrna. It will be settled on the field next Saturday.
Yes it will and it wont be at MT.... I got to start pre game hype already...lol.. Trust me... Smryna will be well prepared.. Title will be on the line too...lol

Yes it will and it wont be at MT.... I got to start pre game hype already...lol.. Trust me... Smryna will be well prepared.. Title will be on the line too...lol
Heading out to my sons’ Thanksgiving pratice for the fourth straight year. It’s been a blessing to be able to do that. Also bittersweet as this is my last one. Good luck to all the teams still playing this weekend.

Heading out to my sons’ Thanksgiving pratice for the fourth straight year. It’s been a blessing to be able to do that. Also bittersweet as this is my last one. Good luck to all the teams still playing this weekend.

For a HS FB player or Coach......practicing on Thanksgiving is a great feeling and a memory they will always carry with them.
Best of luck to all!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT