ADVERTISEMENT

Good Grief, where does it end..

seriously... SMH

I fully expect soon there will be an obstetrician’s report of a newborn coming out of his mother’s womb dribbling a basketball.

In El Paso it's not much different than here. If your team is good everyone shows up.

- Guy who has lived in both places (me)

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
The whole Texas rural powerhouse football mystique is kind of a thing of the past these days. Texas is like everywhere else their top ranked teams are recruited up programs in or near the cities.. Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. Like the Big12 these teams are all air raid offenses and no defense..

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
The whole Texas rural powerhouse football mystique is kind of a thing of the past these days. Texas is like everywhere else their top ranked teams are recruited up programs in or near the cities.. Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. Like the Big12 these teams are all air raid offenses and no defense..

Bingo! Texas loves them some Texas and to talk about Texas so other than the self promotion I never noticed anything special.

At the college football level the State of Texas has had some turmoil. (Notwithstanding Sam Houston State)
First, Texas alienates a lot of folks with the Longhorn Network. Then Texas A & M leaves for the SEC. Also, the Longhorns have had more coaches the JLO has had fiancees. Where have you gone Darrell Royal?

At the college football level the State of Texas has had some turmoil. (Notwithstanding Sam Houston State)
First, Texas alienates a lot of folks with the Longhorn Network. Then Texas A & M leaves for the SEC. Also, the Longhorns have had more coaches the JLO has had fiancees. Where have you gone Darrell Royal?

A long way away from today..

“Three things can happen when you pass, and two of ’em are bad.”

“When you get to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”

“Dance with who brung ya.”

“Football doesn’t build character. It eliminates the weak ones.”

“They cut us up like boarding house pie. And that’s real small pieces.”

“Old ugly is better than old nothin’.”

On the possibility of changing the look of Texas’ uniforms: “Hell, no, I’m not going to candy this thing up. These are work clothes.”

It won't ever happen but it would be interesting if the State of Texas re-established a form of the old Southwest Conference.....
Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A & M, Texas Christian (TCU), Southern Methodist, Baylor (Baptist institution), Rice (Harvard of the Southwest), Houston....and possibly admit 2 more if their programs grow like UTSA, Sam Houston State or whoever....(Arkansas left the conference and ain't in Texas at last look...

I now it would be regional in nature...but OOC games would nationalize the brand. All Bummy's pipe dream, you are never getting Texas A & M to leave the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT