ADVERTISEMENT

Hodgson Football Team ???

HSSPORT#1

Tackles too high
Nov 4, 2013
Newark
Is it true Ray Jones was ejected yesterday? They have Howard next week. They won't need him to beat Howard. Hodgson I thought was a better team or I have not given St Georges enough credit. They really put it on Hodgson. Who is the BEST Div II Team??

Originally posted by HSSPORT#1:

Is it true Ray Jones was ejected yesterday? They have Howard next week. They won't need him to beat Howard. Hodgson I thought was a better team or I have not given St Georges enough credit. They really put it on Hodgson. Who is the BEST Div II Team??
Yes it is true Ray Jones was ejected and will be out against Howard. Lost his cool as did more than a few HVT players - very disappointing to see as a parent, but we will still love and encourage them. Hopefully the whole team learns from this situation. As far as credit, I think most everyone was a little down on St. G due to the amount of talent lost to graduation and to their credit they have reloaded and imho are the best DII team right now. HVT has had a tough preseason and start to the season with injuries and some kids not coming out that would have been starters.

From what I know Jones is a good kid who just got frustrated. He will learn from it and hopefully have a good rest of the season. Hodgson isn't done yet . They still have a good team and barring a total collapse will be in the playoffs.

Nuk Thank you for the update. I like high school football and like Ray Jones as a player. I was there till Half Time. Do You think SG is better then Caravel?? Looks to Make Div II paly offs wide open...

Originally posted by HSSPORT#1:

Nuk Thank you for the update. I like high school football and like Ray Jones as a player. I was there till Half Time. Do You think SG is better then Caravel?? Looks to Make Div II paly offs wide open...
Ray Jones is a great kid and like a son to me and I know he will learn from his mistake. I would say St. G and CA are about even in my opinion, but I would put St. G at #1 in the rankings for now. Lots of season left, and I'm certainly not counting out HVT. Both losses came against teams that were looking for payback and Hodgson just didn't match the intensity of both teams in the 2nd half of either game. Now it's time to get healthy and work out some kinks and hopefully get a chance to avenge both losses!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT