In the South
Lake 6-0
Seaford 6-0
Early College 4-3
Woodbridge 3-2
Delmar 3-4
Indian River 1-3
Sussex Academy 0-6

In the North Dover is the favorite. Dover lost was to Stephen Decatur in an exciting game at the Governor's Challenge. They had a hard fought battle with their rival Caesar Rodney. Smyrna has been improving since the beginning of the season. Sussex Tech had a very good Governor Challenge. Caesar Rodney also showing promise. They lost to an Odessa team that is undefeated and lost to Dover by 6pts. Milford is up and down. Cape beat Sussex Central but lost their super freshman to an injury. They have struggled without him. Sussex Central also have struggled early with division losses to Smyrna and Cape. Poly Tech is in a rebuilding mode with the lost of Little and their senior core. Little will play his old team on Thursday.

In the South Lake Forest is out of the box with a fast start. They have had some tight games with Salisbury School and Delmar. They crushed Cape and beat Woodbridge. Seaford has gotten of to a good start after losing so many transfers. They had some tough road games against Early College and Laurel. Both games went down to the wire. The Blue Jays will make noise in the South. Woodbridge has more depth this year and will be a tough match up for many of their south opponents. Early College will surprise a lot of people this year. I predict them in the top 4 in the south and making the playoffs this year. Laurel will be very competitive in the South. They had a hard Governor's Challenge this year but I expect them to recover and make a run. Delmar has played some tough game early. They had Lake Forest down and lost a close game and also lost a close one to Woodbridge. Indian River is rebuilding this year after losing some many seniors and their coach. Sussex Academy will give 100 percent effort every time they step on the court.

In my opinion Dover will be the favorite in the North with Smyrna and Caesar Rodney pushing them. In the South I believe Seaford and Lake Forest are the early season favorites with Early College, Woodbridge and Laurel pushing them. Big Games this week and next week will start to clear the picture of each division. Give me your thoughts?

Reactions: 84rider and Chill44
In the North
Dover 4-1
Smyrna 4-2
Caesar 5-3
Sussex Tech 5-2
Cape 3-3
Milford 4-3
Sussex Central 3-3
Poly Tech 2-4

In the South
Lake 6-0
Seaford 6-0
Early College 4-3
Woodbridge 3-2
Delmar 3-4
Indian River 1-3
Sussex Academy 0-6

In the North Dover is the favorite. Dover lost was to Stephen Decatur in an exciting game at the Governor's Challenge. They had a hard fought battle with their rival Caesar Rodney. Smyrna has been improving since the beginning of the season. Sussex Tech had a very good Governor Challenge. Caesar Rodney also showing promise. They lost to an Odessa team that is undefeated and lost to Dover by 6pts. Milford is up and down. Cape beat Sussex Central but lost their super freshman to an injury. They have struggled without him. Sussex Central also have struggled early with division losses to Smyrna and Cape. Poly Tech is in a rebuilding mode with the lost of Little and their senior core. Little will play his old team on Thursday.

In the South Lake Forest is out of the box with a fast start. They have had some tight games with Salisbury School and Delmar. They crushed Cape and beat Woodbridge. Seaford has gotten of to a good start after losing so many transfers. They had some tough road games against Early College and Laurel. Both games went down to the wire. The Blue Jays will make noise in the South. Woodbridge has more depth this year and will be a tough match up for many of their south opponents. Early College will surprise a lot of people this year. I predict them in the top 4 in the south and making the playoffs this year. Laurel will be very competitive in the South. They had a hard Governor's Challenge this year but I expect them to recover and make a run. Delmar has played some tough game early. They had Lake Forest down and lost a close game and also lost a close one to Woodbridge. Indian River is rebuilding this year after losing some many seniors and their coach. Sussex Academy will give 100 percent effort every time they step on the court.

In my opinion Dover will be the favorite in the North with Smyrna and Caesar Rodney pushing them. In the South I believe Seaford and Lake Forest are the early season favorites with Early College, Woodbridge and Laurel pushing them. Big Games this week and next week will start to clear the picture of each division. Give me your thoughts?

I agree! I think Dover will win the north, the south is still in the air....

Reactions: Hoops down State 6
In the North
Dover 4-1
Smyrna 4-2
Caesar 5-3
Sussex Tech 5-2
Cape 3-3
Milford 4-3
Sussex Central 3-3
Poly Tech 2-4

In the South
Lake 6-0
Seaford 6-0
Early College 4-3
Woodbridge 3-2
Delmar 3-4
Indian River 1-3
Sussex Academy 0-6

That was spot on.. 💯 👍

Round 1 went to Seaford in a great hostile environment at Lake Forest. Round 2 will be at the Nest on Saturday. Both teams played hard. The kids played hard. The fans enjoyed the environment. This was the first time that some of these kids played in a very important game that was critical in the standings. Brad Myers was in the house from the News Journal. D Mills was in the building from 1st State Sports. Great effort from a lot of unsung players. They are growing up before our eyes. Great Job Guys! I will update the standing and playoff positioning after the game Saturday.

Great Game at the Nest today. The Game went down to the wire between Lake and Seaford. Miller hits a double pump jumper at the buzzer. Miller is growing up before our eyes. Shout out to Young for his contributions which were big. The Seaford Bluejays fought till the end. They put up a great effort but fell short. Lake and Seaford are tied at the top of the South. The Grind will continue. Seaford is 13-1 and Lake 12-2. Both with one lost in the South.

Great Game at the Nest today. The Game went down to the wire between Lake and Seaford. Miller hits a double pump jumper at the buzzer. Miller is growing up before our eyes. Shout out to Young for his contributions which were big. The Seaford Bluejays fought till the end. They put up a great effort but fell short. Lake and Seaford are tied at the top of the South. The Grind will continue. Seaford is 13-1 and Lake 12-2. Both with one lost in the South.
How does the tie breaker work?

Dover - 16-2 will go into the final week with 2 games left. Then they will play the Seaford Blue Jays in The Henlopen Conference Championship on Saturday at Dover High School. Seaford 17-2 with 1 game left this week. Lake Forest 14-5 surprised a lot of people this year. Miller and Young had great season. Starkey was the stabilizer. Early College really improved this year. In my earlier post I consider them my most improved team. My surprise team was Early College. Laurel is quietly coming into their own identity. They will cause problems in the playoffs. Woodbridge is still fighting to get into the playoffs but the South still remain at the Nest. This is Seaford's fourth straight appearance in the Henlopen Conference Championship. Wise, Evans and Smith have been playing well all year for the Blue Jays.
Dover has won the North with out a loss in the North. They were the dominant team in the North. They won every game in the north by double figures except the CR game (6). They are lead by Little and Perkins. They have great depth. They lost 2 one point games which they could have easily won. Come out Saturday to support these teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8yaz
Delaware Online rankings

Boys basketball

1. St. Elizabeth (18-1) 1

2. Dover (16-2) 2

3. Sanford (14-4) 5

4. Middletown (15-3) 3

5. William Penn (15-4) 6

6. Salesianum (11-8) 4

7. Saint Mark’s (15-4) 7

8. St. Georges (13-6) 8