ADVERTISEMENT

HS Week Ten Playoff Outlook

HSftballlaxFan

D1AA Prospect
Oct 4, 2008
Salesianums, Martin Luther King game will count as a Division 2 school, until confirmation from the school of MLK themselves before awarded Division 1 Status. First they were declared D2, then D1, and now back to D2. I will personally call MLK tomorrow afternoon to figure out the enrollment figure......If they are open on election day?

DIVISION 1
William Penn - 54 +1 +1 = 56
Middletown - 49 +1 +1= 51
St. Marks - 40 +1 +1 +1= 43
Cape Henlopen - 36 +1 +1= 38
Salesianum - 32(34) +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 37(39)
Sussex Tech - 45 +1 +1 = 47
Newark - 38 +1 +1 +1= 39
Concord - 39 +1 +1 +1= 42
Smyrna - 30 +1 +1 = 32
A.I. Dupont - 27 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 31
Appoquinimink - 11 +1 +1 +1= 14
Charter - 11 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 15
Delcastle - 19 +1 +1 +1= 22
Glasgow - 23 +1 +1 +1= 26
Caesar Rodney - 18 +1 +1 +1 +1 =22
Dover - 19 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 25
Polytech - 24 +1 +1= 26
Sussex Central - 28 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 33

IF PLAYOFFS START TODAY
TOP 6 MAKE PLAYOFFS

#1 William Penn ((Bye Week))
#2 Middletown ((Bye Week))
#3 Sussex Tech vs. #6 Salesianum (39)(37), Newark (39), Cape Henlopen (38)
#4 St. Marks vs. #5 Concord

DIVISION 2
Brandywine - 12 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 16 = 1.778
Christiana - 4 +1 +1 +1 = 7 = 0.778
Dickinson - 12 +1 +1 +1 = 15 = 1.667
Hodgson - 28 +1 +1 = 30 = 3.33
Howard - 22 +1 +1 = 24 = 2.667
Mckean - 0 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 4 = 0.44
Mount Pleasant - 20 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 24 = 2.667
St. Georges - 38 +1 = 39 = 4.33
Archmere - 28 +1 +1 +1 = 31 = 3.44
Conrad - 16 +1 = 17 = 2.125
DMA - 22 +1 +1 +1 = 25 = 2.778
Delmar - 16 +1 +1 +1 = 19 = 2.11
Indian River - 18 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 22 = 2.44
Lake Forest - 38 +1 = 39 = 4.33
Laurel - 30 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 34 = 3.778
Milford- 4 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 9 = 1.00
Seaford - 4 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 9 = 1.00
Woodbridge = 21 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 26 = 2.889
Tatnall - 16 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 20 = 2.22
Tower Hill - 28 +1 +1 = 30 = 3.75
Wilmington Friends - 32 +1 = 33 = 4.125
Caravel - 27 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 31 = 3.44

TOP 8 TEAMS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
IF PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY
#1 Lake Forest vs. #8 Hodgson
#2 St. Georges vs. #7 Archmere
#3 Wilmington Friends vs. #6 Caravel
#4 Laurel vs. #5 Tower Hill
This post was edited on 11/3 11:47 PM by HSftballlaxFan

This post was edited on 11/4 10:48 AM by HSftballlaxFan

This post was edited on 11/4 10:49 PM by HSftballlaxFan

Is it just me or is Sallies out if Cape and Sussex Tech wins plus MLK is D2?

Sallies at 37 with a possibility of 7 more points. 6 for beating Middletown and 1 more bonus point if Poly Prep beats undefeated Delbarton. Total 44. If Cape wins and ST wins they will have 45 points. 38 plus 6 for win and 1 point for ST 9 wins. Either winner of the Newark Concord game will have 45 or more points. Newark 39 plus 6 for 45 and Concord 42 plus 6 for 48.

After calling MLK, the number I received was 1600 enrollment. Can anyone shed some light on this? If this is the total enrollment, how did anyone even think that they could be a Division 2 school?

I have check many sites online and it is impossible to tell. Seen anywhere from 852 to 1075. Would bet against 1600. As of 10-2013 the PIAA had their enrollment at 852 with 507 boys. They have them classified as 4A for football. Does the PIAA consider all 4 grades in their enrollment figures?

MLK is a combination of two high schools just two years ago, plays in a PA Super Stadium, and has a varsity roster of 50+ kids, so any older enrollment numbers would be stale, all depends on when the game contract was signed and what the enrollment was at that time, since this looked like a late final add to their schedule some time earlier this year, the 1600 could be accurate

Originally posted by oldtimer22:

I have check many sites online and it is impossible to tell. Seen anywhere from 852 to 1075. Would bet against 1600. As of 10-2013 the PIAA had their enrollment at 852 with 507 boys. They have them classified as 4A for football. Does the PIAA consider all 4 grades in their enrollment figures?
Just found on the PIAA web site they only consider grades 9, 10 and 11 for enrollment numbers. That probably makes them a D1 team.

http://www.piaa.org/schools/classifications/default.aspx
This post was edited on 11/4 9:45 AM by oldtimer22

So HS, say every one in D2 wins this week except Tower Hill losing to Friends. How would it look then? How would it look if Tower Hill beat Friends?

Smack jack....I'll play out the scenarios as soon as I get a break from work and I'll post them for you

On a side note, just spoke with Coach Dinardo, he told me he's not sure yet concerning MLK, but he will let me
Know as soon as he knows. Other than that he is in good spirits

Sorry for the mishap smack jack, I typed caravel in twice. Hodgson is the 8 seed as of now. Lake is the first seed because they are tied with St. George's in points and hold the tiebreaker over them with more opponents wins. That will change next week depending on the outcome of games, st. George's will get more bonus points that will keep them in 1st.

Ok gotcha. I wasn't even really paying attention to the other teams so I didn't see Caravel typed twice lol.

Yeah, I guess that's what I get for trying to work on this the same I do a midterm paper, at midnight.

At least you all now know that HS is a terrible multitasker

Naw man you're doing great. I think I just answered my own question about the TH and Friends game though. Assuming every team in D2 wins this week and Newark and Silver Oak wins(bonus points for Hodgson and Caravel if they do, I'm assuming), and Friends wins we'd have....

Scenario 1
#1 St. Georges vs. #8 Tower Hill
#2 Lake Forest vs. #7 Hodgson
#3 Friends vs. #6 Archmere
#4 Caravel vs. #5 Laurel

If Tower Hill wins....

Scenario 2
#1 St. Georges vs. #8 Hodgson
#2 Lake Forest vs. #7 Archmere
#3 Caravel vs. #6 Friends
#4 Laurel vs. #5 Tower Hill

I'm guessing thats right. Breakdown would be for Scenario 1....

#1 St. Georges - 4+4+4+4+6+4+4+4+4+4=42+3(Bonus Points from Laurel, Hodgson, Caravel)=44/10=4.5
#2 Lake Forest - 4+6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4=42+2(BP from Laurel and Archmere)=44/10=4.4
#3 Friends - 4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4=36+1(BP from Tower Hill)=37/9=4.1
#4 Caravel - 4+6+4+4+6+4+4=32+7(BP from Archbishop Curley, Archmere, St. Georges, Silver Oak and Hodgson)=39/10=3.9(Silver Oak loses it's 3.8)
#5 Laurel - 4+6+4+4+4+4+4+4=34+4(BP from St.Georges and Lake)=38/10=3.8
#6 Archmere - 4+4+6+6+4+4+4=32+4(BP from Lake, Caravel, and Queen Anne)=36/10=3.6(Tie breaker over Hodgson due to more opponent wins)
#7 Hodgson - 4+6+4+4+6+4+4=32+4(BP from Caravel, St.Georges, and Newark)=36/10=3.6(Newark loses then its 3.5)
#8 Tower Hill - 4+4+4+4+4+4+4=28+2(BP from Friends)=30/9=3.3

Scenario 2
#1 St. Georges - Same
#2 Lake - Same
#3 Caravel - Same
#4 Laurel - Same
#5 Tower Hill - 4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4=32+1(BP from Friends)=33/9=3.66(Tie-breaker over Friends for H2H win)
#6 Friends - 4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4=32+1=33/9=3.66
#7 Archmere - Same
#8 Hodgson - Same

Probably is wrong but hey it's my first time doing this lol.

This post was edited on 11/4 12:47 PM by smack.jack99

CA cant get any bonus points from Silver Oak.. SO has allready played 11 games only the first 10 count for DIAA bonus pts... Also not sure their wins vs non sanctioned Home Schools teams would count anyway..

The pts and scenerios on the WDEL site are correct..

This post was edited on 11/4 1:11 PM by ravensrooster2

Ok well mine are not really different than WDEL.... Just went one week further and played the scenarios out with the actual points. No bonus point from Silver Oaks makes Laurel and Caravel tied which means Caravel gets the tie-breaker due to more opponent wins? The main game that'll change the seeds is the Tower Hill-Friends. Go figure, the two worst teams decides the seedings of 3-7 lol.

This post was edited on 11/4 1:58 PM by smack.jack99

Originally posted by smack.jack99:
Ok well mine are not really different than WDEL.... Just went one week further and played the scenarios out with the actual points. No bonus point from Silver Oaks makes Laurel and Caravel tied which means Caravel gets the tie-breaker due to more opponent wins?
Yes the tie breaker would be opponent wins.. I havent tallied any of those out myself.. but would assume CA's have more W's

Oh yea definitely Caravels opponents have more wins regardless of this week I believe.

Smack...i think scenerio 2 more accurately depicts the top 4 D2 teams...St G, Lake, Caravel & Laurel but i don't like the first round matchups. We saw two of the games already that didn't end close and the other two will be blowouts.

But Scenerio 1

Hodgson @ Lake is very interesting
Laurel @ Caravel is very interesting
Arch @ Friends could possibly be competitive
Tower Hill @ St Georges will be a blowout....

Yea I think every game in D2 outside of Friends or Tower Hill playing the other 6 will be close. Archmere and Lake played each other but it was closer than what the score actually was. Archmere turned the ball over 5 times that game. Lake-Laurel was close until about the 4th Q when Laurel just wore down. Caravel-Hodgson will be a lot closer than week 1 just like a St. George's-Laurel matchup will be closer than Week 1. Laurel was winning until St. George's pulled away late. I'd say all top 6(talent wise) have improved over the season like most teams do. Should be some great playoff football.

DIAA officially ruled MLK as Division 1 earlier today. Looks like if the Sals win against MT, they are in. Should be an exhilarating game! I think the Sals defense is playing VERY well, and the offense is starting to pick up. I'm going with the Sals this week, 24-14.

p.s. I hate those &!$@ing cowbells!

Originally posted by football_expert18:
DIAA officially ruled MLK as Division 1 earlier today. Looks like if the Sals win against MT, they are in. Should be an exhilarating game! I think the Sals defense is playing VERY well, and the offense is starting to pick up. I'm going with the Sals this week, 24-14.

Either you meant the DIAA officially confirmed that MLK is division I earlier today or you are indicating that the DIAA rendered a ruling to award MLK division I status. Which would indicate that the enrollment figure on the contract had them classified as division II. Or their wouldn't have been a need for a ruling in the first place. It certainly explains all the confusion. My guess is that the enrollment figure (on the contract) was based before the consolidation that Carlo12 mentioned. And Salesianum petitioned the DIAA to have MLK classified as division I based on the current enrollment , which was created by an unusual circumstance (consolidation).

Interesting development. Thanks for the clarification, makes things easier on us bean counters.

The numbers are off in D2 ,.. CA has 31 not 32 and can only get 37....

HVT - 4
Episcopal- - 4
Curley- 2 (9 wins)
Interboro- 1 (D1)
Arch- 4
St E - 4
Glasgow - 6
Silver O- 4
ST G =2 (9 wins)

most they can get is 37 if Arch, HVT and They win... Laurel wins they get at leas 3 seed..

This post was edited on 11/4 8:11 PM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by cduk13:

Either you meant the DIAA officially confirmed that MLK is division I earlier today or you are indicating that the DIAA rendered a ruling to award MLK division I status. Which would indicate that the enrollment figure on the contract had them classified as division II. Or their wouldn't have been a need for a ruling in the first place. It certainly explains all the confusion. My guess is that the enrollment figure (on the contract) was based before the consolidation that Carlo12 mentioned. And Salesianum petitioned the DIAA to have MLK classified as division I based on the current enrollment , which was created by an unusual circumstance (consolidation).

Interesting development. Thanks for the clarification, makes things easier on us bean counters.
Hmmm MLK Gate?

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Hmmm MLK Gate?
Just keep walking folks, nothing to see here.

RR- if what you say is true, I'm not sure where I messed up. But I do appreciate the heads up. Thank you!

Originally posted by ikeyfbst:

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Hmmm MLK Gate?
Just keep walking folks, nothing to see here.
It does not matter how you get in, however it certainly makes for some interesting discussion. I figured I would beat Sparty to the punch-line.

The Playoff T-Shirts for 2014......

th

Originally posted by HSftballlaxFan:
RR- if what you say is true, I'm not sure where I messed up. But I do appreciate the heads up. Thank you!
Only thing I can figure is maybe counted Curley as D1.... When the contract was signed Curley was 6 students short of D1
mad.r191677.gif

MLK-Germantown merger took place before the 2013-2014 school year. I really don't understand how they could have been considered D2 to begin with unless somebody was working off of bad numbers.

The Sals need to step it up Friday night. There are some doubters out there.

People should want Sals to make it.Then there will we no week teams if Cape makes it that's a joke they aren't a Tournament team

@Ches

do you have a extra Clone hoodie I could borrow this weekend?
and not that bright orange one....

Originally posted by spartakos:
@Ches

do you have a extra Clone hoodie I could borrow this weekend?
and not that bright orange one....

Wardrobe Alert !!! Now, you are sounding like BT. I am waiting for him to wear his beret or better yet his Saudi Oil Minister apparel.

Just to clarify...piaa classification is boys only..... and 507 boys/852 boys and girls? is correct for the enrollment at the time piaa did their last check in Oct 2013....Philadelphia school district has open enrollment / school choice so the closing of Germantown high led to some kids "choosing" to leave their neighborhood school / new feeder pattern because of fear of violence due to the merger...there has not been many problems since the merger so I believe more kids will choose to enroll @ king in the future so enrollment has and will continue to increase.....

Ches, I think the MT vs. Sals game will be a good one. But I think the Sals have an advantage on the D and O lines that will be the difference. No Doubting Thomas here...Sals belong in the playoffs.

Let me agree with you this way --- if the Sals win Friday they belong in the playoffs.

Having sat on this for 24 hours (which isn't my style) allow me to interject. What was the enrollment listed on the signed contract? It's not that hard a question and deserves a direct answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT