ADVERTISEMENT

HS Week Ten Playoff Outlook

Threedogs3, I agree, undersize by MT standards, young, 2 returners from last season," endurance" they will not power the opposition over usually just wear the other team out, but they don't have to with the offense their running, have two very quick backs that hit the holes quick, into the secondary before LB'ers can react! Good luck CAVS " Cowbell Country"

ec

Hey, I believe I saw that movie at the old Felton Drive-in in 1978 or there abouts!!
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/5 8:53 PM by youjustme

Originally posted by ikeyfbst:

Originally posted by cduk13:

Originally posted by football_expert18:
DIAA officially ruled MLK as Division 1 earlier today. Looks like if the Sals win against MT, they are in. Should be an exhilarating game! I think the Sals defense is playing VERY well, and the offense is starting to pick up. I'm going with the Sals this week, 24-14.

p.s. I hate those &!$@ing cowbells!
Either you meant the DIAA officially confirmed that MLK is division I earlier today or you are indicating that the DIAA rendered a ruling to award MLK division I status. Which would indicate that the enrollment figure on the contract had them classified as division II. Or their wouldn't have been a need for a ruling in the first place. It certainly explains all the confusion. My guess is that the enrollment figure (on the contract) was based before the consolidation that Carlo12 mentioned. And Salesianum petitioned the DIAA to have MLK classified as division I based on the current enrollment , which was created by an unusual circumstance (consolidation).

Interesting development. Thanks for the clarification, makes things easier on us bean counters.
Having sat on this for 24 hours (which isn't my style) allow me to interject. What was the enrollment listed on the signed contract? It's not that hard a question and deserves a direct answer.
Bingo!

Originally posted by ikeyfbst:

Originally posted by cduk13:

Originally posted by football_expert18:
DIAA officially ruled MLK as Division 1 earlier today. Looks like if the Sals win against MT, they are in. Should be an exhilarating game! I think the Sals defense is playing VERY well, and the offense is starting to pick up. I'm going with the Sals this week, 24-14.

p.s. I hate those &!$@ing cowbells!
Either you meant the DIAA officially confirmed that MLK is division I earlier today or you are indicating that the DIAA rendered a ruling to award MLK division I status. Which would indicate that the enrollment figure on the contract had them classified as division II. Or their wouldn't have been a need for a ruling in the first place. It certainly explains all the confusion. My guess is that the enrollment figure (on the contract) was based before the consolidation that Carlo12 mentioned. And Salesianum petitioned the DIAA to have MLK classified as division I based on the current enrollment , which was created by an unusual circumstance (consolidation).

Interesting development. Thanks for the clarification, makes things easier on us bean counters.
Having sat on this for 24 hours (which isn't my style) allow me to interject. What was the enrollment listed on the signed contract? It's not that hard a question and deserves a direct answer.
This is a fair question and should be officially answered asap.......The Big S is going to beat MT and the Clones who were just saying they do not belong a few weeks ago are all of a sudden gonna tape them ankles up and hop aboard the wagon!
And like it or not....don't hate on Cape-they played what their schedule said and WON. Be a shame if this MLK issue is suspect and as of now IT IS! How in the hell is this even an issue? Truth be told- they certainly played like a poor D2 team but that's not how this works.

Make no mistake though- Salesianum going to quiet the Hells Bells either way and yes- I think and have said all along they are a top 6 team.

Originally posted by spartakos:
@Jawnsky

hahaha....

I'm starting to like you!!
If the Sals do back in-maybe this should be a playoff shirt consideration????

th

win or lose, Sals will still have more points than Cape. Cape will get 6 points on a Smyrna win, Sals will also receive 6 Points if they lose, 4 for the lose and 2 bonus points for Middletown having 9 wins. Is this correct?

Originally posted by Confucious01:
win or lose, Sals will still have more points than Cape. Cape will get 6 points on a Smyrna win, Sals will also receive 6 Points if they lose, 4 for the lose and 2 bonus points for Middletown having 9 wins. Is this correct?
No sir.. you only get 1 point for the loss and 2 bonus from Mtown..

In the shadows of the night

shines a beacon clear and bright:

Light possessing;

Strength and blessing

'Tis our banner, gold and white.

Who changed the words???

So a Sals and Newark loss and a Cape win, Cape gets the 6th seed? Im sure Sussex Tech would rather play Cape instead of Sals.

Just a question, for play-off bonus points do you count Friends as 8-0, so TH would only get 1 SOS bonus point? Saint Andrews and Maths did not play enough games, does the 1 point matter? Or did I miss it and you all already factored that in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT