ADVERTISEMENT

INNER-DISTRICT (ID) STANDINGS

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
I will include 3A but keep in mind all 3A teams get in and will be seeded by point index. Just including to see what it would look like if it were the top 4 in each district got in

Remember the top four in each district get into the play offs (1A/2A) once in they will be seeded by point index regardless of district standing

1A

D1
St Andrews 1-0 (2-0)
St Elizabeth 1-0 (2-0)
Charter 1-0 (2-0)
Tatnall 0-0 (0-2)
Dickinson 0-1 (1-1)
Christiana 0-1 (0-2)
Glasgow 0-1 (0-2)

D2
Laurel 1-0 (3-0)
IR 1-0 (1-1)
Poly 1-0 (1-1)
Seaford 0-0 (1-0)
ECHS 0-1 (0-1)
Odessa 0-1 (0-2)
FSMA 0-1 (0-2)

2A

D1
DMA 1-0 (2-0)
Concord 1-0 (1-1)
Conrad 1-0 (1-1)
St Marks 0-0 (2-1)
McKean 0-1 (1-1)
Newark 0-1 (1-1)
Delcastle 0-1 (0-2)

D2
Howard 1-0 (2-0)
Archmere 1-0 (2-0)
Tower Hill 1-0 (1-0)
Friends 0-0 (2-0)
AI 0-1 (1-2)
Brandywine 0-1 (0-2)
Mt Pleasant 0-1 (0-2)

D3
Caravel 1-0 (2-0)
Lake 1-0 (2-0)
Delmar 1-0 (1-1)
Woodbridge 0-0 (2-0)
Milford 0-1 (2-1)
S Tech 0-1 (1-2)
RLCA 0-1 (0-2)

3A

D1
Middletown 0-0 (2-0)
Sallies 0-0 (2-0)
W Penn 0-0 (2-1)
Appo 0-0 (1-1)
St Georges 0-0 (1-1)
HVT 0-0 (1-2)

D2
Central 0-0 (2-1)
Dover 0-0 (2-1)
Smyrna 0-0 (1-2)
Cape 0-0 (0-3
CR 0-0 (0-3)

Very cool. I'm wondering if the points that are earned can be added to so that can give an idea of where seeding will be come post season. If so I wouldn't have an issue trying to figure out the points.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I can start working on the points today after I get off of work. I usually keep track of them and post them every week. If someone wants to take a stab at it before I do then have at it.

Lol it’s just something I’ve always enjoyed doing on my own. most years I usually post them on here.
I know a lot of people who keep standings independently. I have multiple people who read but don't post on the board ask me about my numbers when theirs differ from mine. I will continue to do the numbers regardless of how many other people do them. The more the merrier and the better odds of someone catching an error.

That was always a pain. Cause the numbers that are always posted were from the previous year, and the number that year usually never got posted. You had to call the school to find it out and not all schools were cooperative

I already see an obvious realignment of the realignment needed... Move Laurel to 2AD3, Delcastle to 1AD1, St Andrews to 1AD2 and either RLCA or Caravel to 2AD1

I already see an obvious realignment of the realignment needed... Move Laurel to 2AD3, Delcastle to 1AD1, St Andrews to 1AD2 and either RLCA or Caravel to 2AD1
I think Howard needs to move up to 3A as well. The realignment does create better match ups but there still is an awful lot of blowouts every week. This past weekend there were 13 games that were won by 27 points or more.

Had no idea how they’d be doing playoffs. Damn so 12 teams from 2A make it? 8 from 1A? And then all 11 from 3A? Seems like there’s going to be an awful lot of blowouts in the playoffs with that many teams? Are they still holding the championships at UD?

Had no idea how they’d be doing playoffs. Damn so 12 teams from 2A make it? 8 from 1A? And then all 11 from 3A? Seems like there’s going to be an awful lot of blowouts in the playoffs with that many teams? Are they still holding the championships at UD?
I think with the top 4 seeds from 2A and top 5 seeds from 3A getting byes in the first round should hopefully make for a few more equally contested quarterfinal games. I am curious if they may break the games up all over the state or split it into two places because they are suppose to do the flag football states title game the same day as well since that will now make 4 state title games

I think with the top 4 seeds from 2A and top 5 seeds from 3A getting byes in the first round should hopefully make for a few more equally contested quarterfinal games. I am curious if they may break the games up all over the state or split it into two places because they are suppose to do the flag football states title game the same day as well since that will now make 4 state title games
I’m assuming there’s no going back to Del State? Probably have to split the days like they used to.

I’m assuming there’s no going back to Del State? Probably have to split the days like they used to.
I did check the manual that was released and it says that all 3 state title games will be played on Saturday December 11th. And it list the 1A game at UD, so I guess they are going to all play there. I guess you could do the games at 11am 3pm, 7pm.

The meeting they had says they wanna do all 4 games on the same day but it caused concern cause it will be a long day for staff and volunteers. It would be something like 11,3,8:30….with the flag football squeezed in there. It also states that they wanted the 3A championship to played as the earliest game because it draws the biggest crowds and once the crowd start to diminish they can start to send staff/volunteers home. However a location was not verified because UD is being strict with its Vaccination rules, as well as they could host a playoff game or two. I look for the game to be somewhere like Sallies/Dover/DelState. DelState was brought up but it said they got away from it because apparently DelState students were breaking into cars and it usually fell on one of the busiest holiday shopping weekends and they received multiple complaints from several near by retail stores that their customers had no parking.

Me personally, I hate UD. DelState always seemed like it was a better high school championship atmosphere. Maybe because they always had the games at night. I for one can’t stand any games being played during the day light. But that’s just my personal preference lol. We probably won’t know the venues until the playoffs start though.

From the manual- would have to refer to Committee Meeting (HS's report for Championship Locale)

Item 1. Tournament Dates A. The 2021 DIAA Football State Tournament will be held for each Division on the following dates:

242747512_10159243775275743_8880691788469507356_n.jpg

Item 2. Game Sites

A. The game sites will be determined by the committee.
B. Operations will be based on the host site facility plan.
C. The Committee will select the site for the Championship game in each classification.
D. The Committee reserves the right to select the site and determine the starting time for all tournament games.

Item 3. Starting Times

A. The starting times for all rounds of the tournament will be determined by the committee and announced no later than the Monday preceding the games unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the committee.

B. The committee will not accept requests for alternate starting times due to a conflict with the SAT. It is incumbent on all schools to inform their players that registering to take the SAT on the weekend of the Championship Games will conflict with their participation in the championship gam

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
re: the points system

Anyone else think that if a team gets a 2 pt bonus for playing a team up a class, Then shouldn't a team be dinged for playing down a class? Just saying a 3A team cannot earn a 2pt bonus for playing up and there is no penalty for playing down. They would get the same 4pts for a win vs a 1A or 2A as they would vs a 3A.

Reactions: Huskerman7
The meeting they had says they wanna do all 4 games on the same day but it caused concern cause it will be a long day for staff and volunteers. It would be something like 11,3,8:30….with the flag football squeezed in there. It also states that they wanted the 3A championship to played as the earliest game because it draws the biggest crowds and once the crowd start to diminish they can start to send staff/volunteers home. However a location was not verified because UD is being strict with its Vaccination rules, as well as they could host a playoff game or two. I look for the game to be somewhere like Sallies/Dover/DelState. DelState was brought up but it said they got away from it because apparently DelState students were breaking into cars and it usually fell on one of the busiest holiday shopping weekends and they received multiple complaints from several near by retail stores that their customers had no parking.

Me personally, I hate UD. DelState always seemed like it was a better high school championship atmosphere. Maybe because they always had the games at night. I for one can’t stand any games being played during the day light. But that’s just my personal preference lol. We probably won’t know the venues until the playoffs start though.
Yep. UD has sucked for the games.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
re: the points system

Anyone else think that if a team gets a 2 pt bonus for playing a team up a class, Then shouldn't a team be dinged for playing down a class? Just saying a 3A team cannot earn a 2pt bonus for playing up and there is no penalty for playing down. They would get the same 4pts for a win vs a 1A or 2A as they would vs a 3A.
At this point I think it makes the most sense to only play the teams that are in your class. With class 3 and only being 11 teams, your 10 game schedule is literally every other team in the division. Class 2 you have 6 district games and then you have 2 games from the other districts and then you can rotate them every year. Same with Class 1, 6 games from your district and 4 from the other one and figure out a yearly rotation. No more bonus points and you can see if there are consistent winners and losers. I know this may become too much but eventually you could do like they do with soccer in England and the bottom teams drop down to the lower class and the top teams go up a class. The realignment was put in place to make more games fair but that seems like it would really make it fair.

At this point I think it makes the most sense to only play the teams that are in your class. With class 3 and only being 11 teams, your 10 game schedule is literally every other team in the division. Class 2 you have 6 district games and then you have 2 games from the other districts and then you can rotate them every year. Same with Class 1, 6 games from your district and 4 from the other one and figure out a yearly rotation. No more bonus points and you can see if there are consistent winners and losers. I know this may become too much but eventually you could do like they do with soccer in England and the bottom teams drop down to the lower class and the top teams go up a class. The realignment was put in place to make more games fair but that seems like it would really make it fair.
I would scrap the point system completely and just use tie breakers like normal sports do.

Rankings would be by division record. In case of a tie, tiebreakers would be:

1) Head to head
2) Record against common opponents
3) Points allowed against common opponents
4) Points scored against common opponents
5) Class record (%) (1A, 2A, or 3A respectively, only games played against the teams in own class)
6) Coin flip.

You could reorganize them as desired. There is no need for points and the inevitable manipulation of the points system (looking at you Tower Hill).

Last edited:
I would scrap the point system completely and just use tie breakers like normal sports do.

Rankings would be by division record. In case of a tie, tiebreakers would be:

1) Head to head
2) Record against common opponents
3) Points allowed against common opponents
4) Points scored against common opponents
5) Class record (%) (1A, 2A, or 3A respectively, only games played against the teams in own class)
6) Coin flip.

You could reorganize them as desired. There is no need for points and the inevitable manipulation of the points system (looking at you Tower Hill).
I agree with TS. The point system should be replaced. The current system unjustly rewards schools that are in one class and plays a team that is in an upper class. I.e. Archmere (2-0) is playing CR (0-3) this year and they will be rewarded an extra two points for that game. If they and DMA end the season 9 in 1, those two points could make a difference. It happened last year. RLCA was 5-1, STM was 6-1. The playoff nod went to RLCA, due to them playing "up" against Charter. Something is wrong with this philosophy.

I do also feel like there are teams that have ongoing rivalries that should be able to preserve and continue that history,if they like. So playing up or down shouldn't be penalized.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
Like I said for the time being I think teams should only play in their divisions, the way the classes are setup it is easy for records and head to head matches to determine playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT