ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Mullen 2017 Playoff Round 1 Delaware High School Picks

A lot of close games there Jeff!

Hopefully this year the games will be close. Too many blow outs in the post season these last few years

This may be a controversial idea but what if for the sakes of competition we allow the cheerleaders from D1 schools to play football for the D2 schools? It would really increase the level of play and make the playoffs more exiting. Any thoughts?

Well you know how I feel about D2 lol but that post? Wow pickle. You're gonna catch some riff raff from quite a few posters for that one

This may be a controversial idea but what if for the sakes of competition we allow the cheerleaders from D1 schools to play football for the D2 schools? It would really increase the level of play and make the playoffs more exiting. Any thoughts?
Other then Middletown and Smyrna Delaware as a state has very little difference in talent between the two divisions. And neither one of those two teams could win a state title even in 1A MD. I don’t know about past years but We have been to every school this year in Delaware and the difference you speak of in talent just is not there this year.

Other then Middletown and Smyrna Delaware as a state has very little difference in talent between the two divisions. And neither one of those two teams could win a state title even in 1A MD. I don’t know about past years but We have been to every school this year in Delaware and the difference you speak of in talent just is not there this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I coulda swore that Smyrna HANDLED Good Counsel in the preseason, straight game situation.........???

Really preseason? You mean when teams show run plays to get looks with no scouting or game plan? Even in straight game situations it’s never a measure of much. You know that

Really preseason? You mean when teams show run plays to get looks with no scouting or game plan? Even in straight game situations it’s never a measure of much. You know that

Close scrimmages is one thing but blown out is another. Especially when you are talking that caliber of tradition/pride.

This I do know, u talk about the talent in MD vs DE, Will Knight (Smyrna) would start for any team in MD.

My point is not about the tallent of Middletown and Smyrna its that over all the rest of the teams in the state playoffs are on the same level. Middletown and Smyrna are on a complete different level in the overall picture of Delaware HS football.

Middletown didn't look all that last Friday.
But I do agree that there are way more bad teams in D1 than there are good teams. And D2, well, is a joke.

Middletown didn't look all that last Friday.
But I do agree that there are way more bad teams in D1 than there are good teams. And D2, well, is a joke.
I would put Middletown And Smyrna In D1 and then the rest of the teams in D2 as far as talent is concerned. The drop off after those top two teams is considerable. Strictly speaking about this year. And only considering Playoff teams in both divisions. Also on that note obviously the staffs at those schools have their programs dialed in.

I think Delmar and DMA is going to be one tough match up! Should be a great game that gets decided in the 4th quarter. The real question is what does DMA do offensively to find ways to Get #1 Alleyne? the ball, because no way does Delmar actually kick the ball to him.

Both teams had the same opportunity preparation wise. I'm sure both had a chip on there shoulder and had something to prove. The top 3 in Delaware play to that caliber consistently every year.

Hodgson over CR 21-7
WP over SC 24-21
Delmar over DMA 28-14
AI over Howard 21-20
WB over Milford 21-14
Friends over TH 27-7

Both teams had the same opportunity preparation wise. I'm sure both had a chip on there shoulder and had something to prove. The top 3 in Delaware play to that caliber consistently every year.
DMA Beats all those teams. MD NJ Sri Lanka don’t matter

I think the original intention of this thread has been lost in a bunch of noise. There is still a philosophical debate to be had, which is should we allow D1 cheerleaders to compete against D2 football players in order to raise the competition level in the D2 playoffs?

I personally would say no, solely because the risk of injury to the D2 players would be far too great, especially if they were playing a D2 private school. Good grief. The local hospital would be filled.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

I think the original intention of this thread has been lost in a bunch of noise. There is still a philosophical debate to be had, which is should we allow D1 cheerleaders to compete against D2 football players in order to raise the competition level in the D2 playoffs?

I personally would say no, solely because the risk of injury to the D2 players would be far too great, especially if they were playing a D2 private school. Good grief. The local hospital would be filled.

Does anyone else have an opinion?
I do
Why would their be higher number of D2 players from Delaware playing college football at Division 2 and Division 1 colleges if Delaware division one had more talent? All I ever see is the all state division one players going to play d 3 and that’s is basically a club team and a massive time suck from your studies. D 3 college football is dream selling at its best. Play with no scholarship lol. Facts are over the last couple years since the closer of ESA more talent comes from D2
DMA we are one

Well you know how I feel about D2 lol but that post? Wow pickle. You're gonna catch some riff raff from quite a few posters for that one
You realize that the facts show by college football attendance at D2 or D1 colleges that the talent comes from D2 in Delaware. We don’t count d3 college football as real football. Take out the kids from ESA and it’s not even close. D2 always has the best Talent

DMA we are One

D3 football is dream selling that takes away from studies? I disagree, playing football is a privilege snd an honor, and going to battle with your teammates is worth whatever it costs. basically club football????? the talent at good d3 schools is better than you think.

D3 football is dream selling that takes away from studies? I disagree, playing football is a privilege snd an honor, and going to battle with your teammates is worth whatever it costs. basically club football????? the talent at good d3 schools is better than you think.
Your better off just going to college the time comitment is the same at d3 as d1 but you pay. If you want to go play college ball go to a fully funded juco in the state with the college you want to play for. Get a free two year degree or pay for 1 4th the cost. Then if you are good enough you may have a second shot to get recruited . If not you saved a bunch of money and you just transfer to your 4 year school to get a BA. d 3 is a compete waste of time unless you are on full academic scholarship. Don’t take on debt to go play d 3 ball. You have to figure all the time you have to put in to study yet you can’t. That privallage line is wore out and no intelligent person buys that crap.

Your better off just going to college the time comitment is the same at d3 as d1 but you pay. If you want to go play college ball go to a fully funded juco in the state with the college you want to play for. Get a free two year degree or pay for 1 4th the cost. Then if you are good enough you may have a second shot to get recruited . If not you saved a bunch of money and you just transfer to your 4 year school to get a BA. d 3 is a compete waste of time unless you are on full academic scholarship. Don’t take on debt to go play d 3 ball. You have to figure all the time you have to put in to study yet you can’t. That privallage line is wore out and no intelligent person buys that crap.
You do realize that most kids playing D1 and specially D2 are paying to go to school very few are fill rides. In most cases D3 schools actually offer more money that D1 and D2.

Reactions: 84rider
@Confucious01, nonstop knows nothing about getting a college education, that should be obvious lol, he needs to worry about high school first, probably iffy for graduation, that kid is a train wreck, just saying

Reactions: JMoxon4
You do realize that most kids playing D1 and specially D2 are paying to go to school very few are fill rides. In most cases D3 schools actually offer more money that D1 and D2.
All kids at D1 FBS have full rides unless you are walk on 85 in All this is a requirement . Average team is 118. And what I’m talking about professor is D3 VS JUCO . And D3 can’t offfer any money that you can’t get financial aid wise at other schools. If they are it’s nit legal. And it’s need based . Point it’s professor dumb is they D3 is a waste of time for everyone besides maybe the top
5 kids that play a skill position like DB Or WR. They sell you false dreams and a BA degree is worth nothing today. You need more then that and college debt is no joke. The juco path I said is better period because you get to play the game you love have another shot to maybe go d 1 or 2. And save on college debt. After two years of juco you can just transfer to a university to finish studies and concentrate on your school if you dont get the secon look. You must work for Wesley or some other D3 school. Here are the stats below

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/football.html

Round 1
HVT over CR by 14
SC over WP by 4
DMA would (and still might lose this anyway), but young kid at the helm-bright lights etc----- so they catch a huge break.
Howard over AI by 7
Friends in a landslide...
Milford by 5

Reactions: fanoffootball123
Round 1
HVT over CR by 14
SC over WP by 4
DMA would (and still might lose this anyway), but young kid at the helm-bright lights etc----- so they catch a huge break.
Howard over AI by 7
Friends in a landslide...
Milford by 5

damn jawnsky 0-3, was gonna ask you a startem/sitem question about my fantasy football team but geesh i can do bad on my own bro.......no soup for you lol

damn jawnsky 0-3, was gonna ask you a startem/sitem question about my fantasy football team but geesh i can do bad on my own bro.......no soup for you lol

LOL- rough night!!
Sad part is -I circled Delmar on my printout bracket then gave the nod to DMA.....even referenced that.
Had no real good feel on SC/WP
But AI did shock me.

Confident on Hodgson and now the Milf/Wb game is in question so forget my pick on that one- Hearing that Qb gonna play after all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT