ADVERTISEMENT

Laurel @ Lake - Saturday 12pm

smack.jack99

In the weight room getting big
Oct 4, 2010
Game is kind of a big deal..... The winner likely wins the Henlopen South. Definitely should be a hell of a game and I advise anybody going to get there early because it surely will be packed because of it being Lakes homecoming.

smack jack I couldn't agree more. I'm surprised the game isn't getting more hype on here. This game is going to come down to simply which team wants it more.

Yea it definitely should be game of the week. Like I said it'll likely decide who wins the H-South. Lakes remaining schedule after Laurel is Archmere, @ Seaford, and Milford. I don't see Lake losing to Seaford or Milford. Laurels final 3 games include @ Delmar, @ Milford, Seaford. I don't see Laurel losing any of them. I see a physical game with some trash talking. Hopefully the game has some good refs who don't try to dictate a game like the crew in last weeks Lake-Woodbridge game tried to do. Laurel has a hell of a playmaking duo in Greene and August while Lake also has a very good duo of their own in Flamer and Milton. Both teams play good D and play old-school football which is great to watch IMO. Like you said, it will come down who wants it more.

Regardless of the outcome, I think both these teams make the tournament. Lake could run the table or finish 8-2 worst case scenario and Laurel could win out or could/should finish 8-2. BUT.....never underestimate a Laurel/Delmar game. Delmar would love nothing more than being the spoiler for Laurel. Keep in mind I have not seen Lake play this year, but I'll give them the edge based solely on that god awful start time and the day it's being played. High school football was meant to be played on Friday nights! JMHO

I do agree with that. I hate Saturday games especially one that early. Lakes always done their homecoming like that though.

Sorry fellas, but games do not come down to "who wants it more." Don't you think both teams will "want it?"It will be decided by who is better prepared, who executes better, who makes the fewest mistakes, and , to a certain degree, who has the best talent. Laurel could play Wesley College and "want it" more, but they would still get destroyed! "Wanting it" is greatly overrated!

Thanks APboy I didn't realize any of that. I had no clue that wins football games. Thanks for opening my eyes. You're a brilliant football mind.

When I say who wants it more I'm saying that I believe the more physical team will win this game. Sorry if by saying " who wants it more " I confused anybody.

This post was edited on 10/14 10:12 PM by wingstopaws0912

I've seen both teams play and it's almost identical with a few tweaks .. with that being said, I have to give to agree with vertical. The start time will definitely play a factor, but don't underestimate Laurel .. they'll for sure show up with their ears pinned back.

will laurel's ejected player have an effect on the game, not heard who the player was, does anyone know?

if its one of there starting RB's laurel is in trouble!!!! how stupid can you be, typical

Talked to the big dog of Laurel, all good, Game On! Team will be at full strength tonight. No suspensions and No distractions!

you mean game of the week in the town of laurel. dont forget div1 Wp vs Concord, Sals vs St Marks, etc.

Nope all of Delaware. Also it's in Felton, not Laurel..... Sals and St. Marks will be a good game but i see WP winning easy. Also I was mainly speaking game of the week on WBOC, not the whole state. Then again a lot of upstate people are so sensitive....
This post was edited on 10/17 3:53 PM by smack.jack99

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT