ADVERTISEMENT

LAX Final Start Time

Middletown Man

moving up to Varsity
Jan 29, 2006
Anyone know why the DIAA changed the final start time to 1:00PM last year and now apparantly this year? It always used to be a 7:00PM nite game which was much more conveniant! It makes no sense to me that they start the Champoinship Football games at 7:00 PM in 20 degree weather in December but start the LAX final at 1:00PM in the afternoon in 80 degree weather in May. I must be missing something.

Good point - I do not know the reason, but at least this year they went back to the semi-final doubleheader at one location - last year one was at Tower Hill and one was in Dover.

They did the dual location last year because Cape was in it and they wanted the travel time to be the same for both teams. I guess they don't see it as that immportant this year. Lol. The 1:00 start time makes no sense to me, either. Oh well. Good luck to everyone!

The other thing that surprised me was that they picked Caravel for the semi's. With Cape in I figured they would have it at Dover which would make more sense from an equality standpoint on travel time.Oh well, at least both games are at the same place so we can see both!DIAA if you see this, please lose the 1:00PM start times for the finals and return them to evening starts where they belong!People actually have plans during the day on Memorial Day weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT