ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland to Allow Fall Sports

Just decided today.

Schools can resume practice on Oct. 7th. First games set to begin on Oct. 27th.

Under the new plan, the fall sports season would have seven weeks available for competition and start practicing Oct. 7, competitions Oct. 27-Dec. 12 and a “culminating event/tournament” taking place Dec. 14-19. The winter season would have eight competition weeks available and start practicing Dec. 14, competitions Jan. 4-Feb. 27 and a culminating event March 1-13. The spring season would have nine competition weeks available and start practicing March 15, competitions April 5-June 5 and a culminating event June 7-19.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
The publics won't have any open weeks but the MIAA, WCAC and IAC should

I am being presumptive here. None of these conferences has announced they are playing but I assume they will.. At least the MIAA..

Possible MIAA A opponents for Sals

Calvert Hall
McDonogh
Mount Saint Joes
Archbishop Spalding
Gilman
Loyola ( not officially back in MIAA A yet for football)

MIAA B has 9 teams so don't think they will have openings

*this is assuming MIAA follows what MPSSAA does which typically they do.

Last edited:
Unsure of what their league scheduling obligations would be?
Love Calvert Hall In Balt. and La Salle College High School in Phila.

For the state’s two largest private school athletic organizations, the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland, discussions about a return to play continue with a scheduled meeting Oct. 7 with the two boards of governors.
“The only thing I can say at this time — and I did talk to [IAAM executive director] Sue [Thompson] about this — is that the MIAA and IAAM are continuing on with discussions regarding return-to-play options for fall sports in our member schools,” MIAA executive director Lee Dove said.

Sals needs to get in on this.. All teams free to make a open schedule no mandatory league games

MIAA and IAAM (Women's sports) is a go starting immediately. Teams have been practicing and conditioning

Teams of both conferences are free to start and play open unaffiliated schedules

Schools competing in Maryland’s two largest private high school athletic organizations will have the option to play an open schedule this fall, The Capital has learned.

The Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland, which oversee dozens of private schools in the state, will allow member schools to play unaffiliated. There won’t be an official start date to the season since individual schools will have the ability to create their own schedules.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT