ADVERTISEMENT

Middletown QB

APboy

moving up to Varsity
Aug 31, 2002
In Brad Myers’ recent article about Middletown QB Colby Chambers, the name of the QB who transferred out this year to Florida (Braden Davis) came up. Coach Blum said - about Davis - “he will be back with us next year.” What is the deal there? He opted out for one year and will return next year? Anyone know what is going on there? Btw, Chambers has done a nice job for MT and Davis’ team (Lake Mineola) is 11-1 and in the Florida 6A state title game on the 18th.

In Brad Myers’ recent article about Middletown QB Colby Chambers, the name of the QB who transferred out this year to Florida (Braden Davis) came up. Coach Blum said - about Davis - “he will be back with us next year.” What is the deal there? He opted out for one year and will return next year? Anyone know what is going on there? Btw, Chambers has done a nice job for MT and Davis’ team (Lake Mineola) is 11-1 and in the Florida 6A state title game on the 18th.

He only played the first few games and was injured and out for the season. A SR there stepped in and did a great job as well.. He left and went to FLA when it looked like DE wasn't playing always with the intention to come back for Sr year was my understanding..

Here is his stats from there... The SR Sanders was a WR they converted to QB when Davis went down.. Doing a pretty damn good job also

Passing
#Athlete NameGPCAttYdsC%AvgY/GC/GTDTD/GIntLngQB Rate
Season Totals11901491214.60413.5110.48.2211.94114.8
Graph Data[+][+][+][+][+][+][+][+][+][+][+]
1R. Sanders (Sr)105583837.66315.283.75.5161.62128.9
3B. Davis (Jr)32147261.44712.487.07.041.3273.1
14I. Shannon (Jr)81419116.7378.314.51.810.1106.5

Last edited:
Here is his game log for the 3 games he played in.. Had a good first game and was injured at some point. Tried to go the next two before packing it in for the year. I read about it a month ago but couldn't figure out what his injury was exactly or to what extent..

09/25W 41-8Tohopekaliga1217163.70613.63140.4
10/02L 13-25Seminole62069.30011.5021.9
10/09W 42-0East Ridge31029.3009.7172.9

Last edited:
Yeah when he transferred the intent was to always come back home. He left because it was going to help his recruiting process because at the time (like BIB) said Delaware wasn’t having a season. Once Delaware decided to have a season, it was too late to come back.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Here is his game log for the 3 games he played in.. Had a good first game and was injured at some point. Tried to go the next two before packing it in for the year. I read about it a month ago but could figure out what his injury was exactly or to what extent..

09/25W 41-8Tohopekaliga1217163.70613.63140.4
10/02L 13-25Seminole62069.30011.5021.9
10/09W 42-0East Ridge31029.3009.7172.9
Thanks BiB.

Not sure. It has something to do with leg? Foot? But don’t hold me to that. No ones confirmed it to me yet

Many times chasing that thing doesn't work out so well. Sometimes it's better to stay put keep doing the next right thing and let faith and fate take over.. or grow where you are planted as they say..

Reactions: Bucsnot
I think in his case he needed some more film. He has been putting in the work to improve on some things. If DE would have had spring ball, it would have been a very interesting conversation about him playing. With all these rule changes at any time, anything could have happened.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
That’s mainly what it came down too. He wanted to use the spring to plan his college visits. Not gameplay for a Friday night spring game. It was the right choice for him. because if Delaware played in the spring which was I initially suggested he wouldn’t have been able to follow through with his recruiting process

Many times chasing that thing doesn't work out so well. Sometimes it's better to stay put keep doing the next right thing and let faith and fate take over.. or grow where you are planted as they say..
It’s hit or miss. Trader doesn’t commit to MD in football and lacrosse if he was at Delmar - football maybe lacrosse no.

It’s hit or miss. Trader doesn’t commit to MD in football and lacrosse if he was at Delmar - football maybe lacrosse no.

Actually he would... Maryland was already on him from the club LAX scene as a nationally ranked top 10 player (#5 in one publication). He committed to Maryland Sept.6th 2019 before he ever suited up for the McD Lax team.. He would not get the LAX competition or coaching in high school to ready for college at Delmar though. LAX is mostly all club when it comes to offers. Some of those MIAA high school LAX teams the 2nd stringers have offers, all from club ball..

As an aside McDonogh didn't even play football this year and not sure about Lax yet. They played one Lax game before covid..not saying this to make any point just how it has worked out so far.. It may work out doesn't even get to play Lax at McD but I am sure he will be clubbing before college

but yeah it can be hit or miss but for the most part you will be what you are in the end. There are always exceptions to everything as well.

Here is a little article about him

As a Maryland Lax fan I will certainly be a huge Trader fan... can't wait till NCAA Lax can get back at it. The NCAA Lax tournament is by far my favorite event to watch..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT