ADVERTISEMENT

NO MINIMUM # OF GAMES REQUIRED

soccer07

Good all around Player
Mar 5, 2003
Donna Polk, head of DIAA has just mandated that there will be no minimum # of games to qualify for post-season play. Polk went in and forced the Field Hockey Committee to re-vote a unanimous decision to enforce a 9 game minimum rule in writing. After speaking before the original vote, Polk brought the issue up later forcing a re-vote that went in favor of allowing St Marks, who never rescheduled any games to be eligible and booting Dickinson from the tournament after following all the rules...... Afraid of another suit by a Private school???
F the public school???

I know, its the Football Forum.

There is already a thread for this and it is on the football forum..just saying. I was wondering who got the boot putting StM back in..so thanks

Polk has maintained all along that no team will get penalized for any covid cancellations..

What is odd in this is Archmere played all 12 games..

This lady disagrees with your assessment that St M didn't try to re-schedule games

Last edited:
Donna Polk, head of DIAA has just mandated that there will be no minimum # of games to qualify for post-season play. Polk went in and forced the Field Hockey Committee to re-vote a unanimous decision to enforce a 9 game minimum rule in writing. After speaking before the original vote, Polk brought the issue up later forcing a re-vote that went in favor of allowing St Marks, who never rescheduled any games to be eligible and booting Dickinson from the tournament after following all the rules...... Afraid of another suit by a Private school???
F the public school???

Between this and Sallies forcing their way into a football schedule, this sets a BAD precedent going forward...

How does Archmere figure into the covid cancellations with not having any games cancelled of their own?

Archmere Academy Varsity Field Hockey 2020/2021
#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
10/19/20​
Mon​
3:45pm​
Concord HS
H​
Archmere AcademyNo spectators permitted
View Results
W​
8-1​
2​
10/22/20​
Thu​
Red Lion CA
H​
View Results
W​
11-0​
3​
10/24/20​
Sat​
11:00am​
Wilm Christian School
H​
View Results
W​
5-0​
4​
10/27/20​
Tue​
St. Elizabeth HS
H​
View Results
W​
11-0​
5​
10/30/20​
Fri​
3:30pm​
Padua Academy
H​
Archmere Academy2 spectators per family- No visting spectators
View Results
W​
4-0​
6​
11/5/20​
Thu​
St. Mark's HS
H​
Archmere AcademyTwo spectators per family- No visiting spectators
View Results
W​
6-0​
7​
11/7/20​
Sat​
Conrad School
H​
View Results
W​
6-0​
8​
11/9/20​
Mon​
6:15pm​
Caravel Academy
A​
Caravel AcademyStadium turf - no visiting team fans
View Results
L​
1-3​
9​
11/12/20​
Thu​
3:00pm​
DE Military Academy
H​
Archmere Academyresceduled from 11/11/20
View Results
W​
5-0​
10​
11/24/20​
Tue​
MOT Charter HS
A​
MOT Charter HSHome Spectators ONLY; NO VISITING SPECTATORS permitted.
View Results
W​
5-0​
11​
11/25/20​
Wed​
Newark Charter School
A​
Newark Charter HSTwo spectators per student athlete for NCS families only.
View Results
W​
2-0​
12​
11/28/20​
Sat​
Charter School
A​
Charter SchoolNo Visiting Spectators
View Results
W​
1-0​

Still not making sense. They played two games after playing Archmere.. what gives?

St. Mark's HS Varsity Field Hockey 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
10/21/20​
Wed​
MOT Charter HS
H​
St. Marks HSTwo tickets per family - no visiting spectators
View Results
W​
8-2​
2​
10/22/20​
Thu​
St. Elizabeth HS
H​
View Results
W​
5-0​
3​
10/24/20​
Sat​
12:00pm​
AI duPont HS
A​
AI duPont HSNO SPECTATORS: Livestream Link - https://tpn.one/d53ds
View Results
W​
11-0​
4​
10/26/20​
Mon​
Ursuline Academy
A​
Serviam FieldNO SPECTATORS ALLOWED Live stream: youtube.com/UAwilmington
View Results
L​
1-3​
5​
11/2/20​
Mon​
3:15pm​
Padua Academy
H​
St. Marks HSLifetouch Pictures - Two tickets per family - no visiting spectators
View Results
L​
0-6​
6​
11/5/20​
Thu​
Archmere Academy
A​
View Results
L​
0-6​
7​
11/7/20​
Sat​
Middletown HS
H​
View Results
W​
1-0​
8​
11/9/20​
Mon​
Conrad School
H​
View Results
W​
5-0​
11/16/20​
Mon​
Newark Charter School
H​
St. Marks HS(Postponed) No contest
11/18/20​
Wed​
Red Lion CA
H​
St. Marks HS(Postponed) No contest
11/21/20​
Sat​
Ursuline Academy
H​
St. Marks HS(Cancelled) No contest
11/24/20​
Tue​
Padua Academy
A​
Hockessin Montessori School(Cancelled) No contest

Between this and Sallies forcing their way into a football schedule, this sets a BAD precedent going forward...

yeah it’s does. It just opened up a Pandora’s box from here on out. Now any team can threaten DIAA a lawsuit or take to social media about rules until they get their way...concerning anything. DIAA just showed how weak they are.

if you were so concerned on having STM in, should have done a play in game between them and the lowest seed. Like NCAA Basketball does. But releasing a schedule WITH team in, just to release another schedule with said team out is unfair to the team you told were in the playoffs already.

Last edited:
None of the other teams that played Archmere a week before or any teams after St Marks did have any cancellations.. This is isn't adding up .. why is Archmere being blamed?

Last edited:
yeah it’s does. It just opened up a Pandora’s box from here on out. Now any team can threaten DIAA a lawsuit or take to social media about rules until they get their way...concerning anything. DIAA just showed how weak they are.

if you were so concerned on having STM in, should have done a play in game between them and the lowest seed. Like NCAA Basketball does. But releasing a schedule WITH team in, just to release another schedule with said team out is unfair to the team you told were in the playoffs already.

Not sure about all that.. I think it's more about Donna Polk keeping her word from the beginning..

Are you telling me the people in the meeting had social media open and simultaneously making decisions based on tweets from.. well in this case the media ( Mr Lang and Mr Greene) and a St M's player and her mother?

The vote was taken by the committee and it was unanimous St. Marks was out. Lang started tweeting about it and Polk came to their rescue. Why do you revote and issue? Fact. 3 schools contacted St. Marks about scheduling a game. They wouldn't. Truth is St. Marks would have been beaten by 3 of the 4 and maybe wouldn't even qualify in the end? Pandoras Box is gonna be huge.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Not sure about all that.. I think it's more about Donna Polk keeping her word from the beginning..

Are you telling me the people in the meeting had social media open and simultaneously making decisions based on tweets from.. well in this case the media ( Mr Lang and Mr Greene) and a St M's player and her mother?
That's what happened. Spoke with two people in the meeting. Dirty.

The vote was taken by the committee and it was unanimous St. Marks was out. Lang started tweeting about it and Polk came to their rescue. Why do you revote and issue? Fact. 3 schools contacted St. Marks about scheduling a game. They wouldn't. Truth is St. Marks would have been beaten by 3 of the 4 and maybe wouldn't even qualify in the end? Pandoras Box is gonna be huge.

I see.. Polk has maintained from the beginning no team would get disenfranchised over covid cancellations.. Maybe she should have reiterated that before the vote and let it be known she intends to live up to it..

Also you have presented another issue beyond her keeping her word and that is if St Marks indeed had a chance to schedule and play the 9th game and declined. I assume this could be why the vote went unanimous against? well if that is the case then they should be out and Donna Polk should have gone with it..In my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: soccer07

No I’m not saying that they did. But (correct me if I’m wrong) there was a tweet out that got shared on #delhs that said something like “we’re not listening to what social media is saying” so i took that as in they already knew what was being said on social media. My question would be why would you have brought up social media if you weren’t say...”paying attention to social media”?

No I’m not saying that they did. But (correct me if I’m wrong) there was a tweet out that got shared on #delhs that said something like “we’re not listening to what social media is saying” so i took that as in they already knew what was being said on social media. My question would be why would you have brought up social media if you weren’t say...”paying attention to social media”?

Good point.. and yeah I saw you..😄

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
during the FH meeting one of the committee members did say something about being on social media.
At the end the chairperson did say - to the public listeners they should not be sending out the brackets *LOL*

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
F the public school???

Soccer, I hear your concerns. For the Salesianum FB scheduling situation, the DIAA board voted like 12-2 against getting involved in a conference issue. They discussed it but voted against getting involved. The Salesianum FB scheduling situation was resolved when the New Castle Vo Tech Supt. allowed for St.G’s and Hodgson to play the Sals and had the skills and relationships to work it out rescheduling with the ADs of other schools.

This seems to be a different scenario where the DIAA leader is getting directly involved.

Lawsuit? A review of the social media texts seems to possibly have opened up a slander lawsuit. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
during the FH meeting one of the committee members did say something about being on social media.
At the end the chairperson did say - to the public listeners they should not be sending out the brackets *LOL*

haha yeah right.. well that does explain one of the tweets by Lang where he was defending himself in a kind of way..

They let Brad Meyers tweet out the brackets..lol.kidding . Actually he got them from DIAA website they are posted now,,

EoBoRXYW8AA5Lvh

Reactions: soccer07
haha yeah right.. well that does explain one of the tweets by Lang where he was defending himself in a kind of way..

Absolutely no cause or reason for a valid vote to be retaken. Dorell Green, the Super for Red Clay needs to rake this on for his district school. Sham, Shame. Not to mention not everyone who voted the first time voted the 2nd time because they didn’t want to tweek the brackets that were already complete. How do you abstain on a vote? It’s why your f-ing there!
Dirty!

Absolutely no cause or reason for a valid vote to be retaken. Dorell Green, the Super for Red Clay needs to rake this on for his district school. Sham, Shame. Not to mention not everyone who voted the first time voted the 2nd time because they didn’t want to tweek the brackets that were already complete. How do you abstain on a vote? It’s why your f-ing there!
Dirty!

Can't make this shit up lol

4 abstains..WTF..

I think one of the issues is the DIAA is not some enormous entity. It consists of a total of 3 people. One of the is a "secreterial" position. They refer to the subcommittees of each sport. I do not know enough about all the committees. But the football committee has too many BHC D2 members. Plus it does not have members that represent an equal representation of every conference. There is no way that it can be fair and equitable. The DIAA takes the recommendations from these committees from each sport.
Due to Covid and the Sallies situation, I listened to many of the meetings. There is a lack of simple common sense and a real bias towards the private schools. Plus, many of the DIAA members were not even prepared for the topics of the meeting.

Bib,
I am still trying to figure out your question about Archmere not quarantining. There has to be more to the story. I did hear that DPH looks at the film from the games and if they decide that every player was wearing a mask and was not around the covid positive player for more than 15 min over a period of time, then they would not have to quarantine.

Bib,
I am still trying to figure out your question about Archmere not quarantining. There has to be more to the story. I did hear that DPH looks at the film from the games and if they decide that every player was wearing a mask and was not around the covid positive player for more than 15 min over a period of time, then they would not have to quarantine.

From the STM player its clear they think Archmere was the one with a "positive" player and pissed they STM had to quarantine while Archmere didn't.

As far as the playoff brackets etc they just needed consistency in selection criteria. Enforce the minimum number of games or not. Have exception criteria and vote proccess defined, etc.

Consistency is key in these types of things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT