Center: Ty-Key Moore - Smyrna - SR

Guards: Ahmod Westbook - Middletown - SR, Ernest English - William Penn - SR

Tackles: T.J. Thomas - DMA - SR, Saleem Wormley - Smyrna - JR

Kicker: Cooper Urban - Salesianum - SR

Punter: Ryan Nelson - Delmar - SO

Returner: Corahn Alleyne - DMA - JR

Def. Ends: Hunter Moyer - Smyrna - SR, Jalik Heyward - Hodgson - SR

Def. Tackles: Desmond Wilson - Smyrna - SR, Ernest English - William Penn - SR

Linebackers: Grahm Roberts - Concord - SR, Darryl Williams - Smyrna - SO, Kedrick Whitehead - Middletown - SR, Brock Keeler - Woodbridge, JR

Secondary: Isaiah Gaynor - William Penn - SR, Reggie Grinnell - William Penn - SR, David Bowman - Milford - SR, Malik Banks - Howard - SR

2017 DIFCA Second Team

Quarterback: Chad Jones - A.I. duPont - JR

Running Backs: Kedrick Whitehead - Middletown - SR, Corahn Alleyne - DMA - SR

Receivers: Tucker Reed - Polytech - SR, LeRoy Lynch - A.I. duPont - JR

Fullback: Jamon Kane - Woodbridge - JR

Tight End: Bailey DeAtley - Caesar Rodney - SR

Center: James Faragher - Middletown - SR

Guards: Ritchy Corvil - Milford - JR, Brenden Holder - Caesar Rodney - SR

Tackles: Nathaniel Showacre - Sussex Tech - SR, Dom Marra - Salesianum - SR

Kicker - Matt Drejza - DMA - SR

Punter - Cooper Urban - Salesianum - SR

Returner - Ernest Washington - Middletown - SR

Def. Ends - Jon Smith - Middletown - SR, Amod John - Howard - SR

Def. Tackles - T.J. Thomas - DMA - SR, Brandon Crkvenac - Salesianum - SR

Linebackers - Josiah Blake - Sussex Central - SR, Brooks Parker - Delmar - SR, Vaughn Wood - Hodgson - SR, Tymere Wilson - Glasgow - SR

Secondary - Ernest Washington - Middletown - SR, Julian Trammell - Caesar Rodney - SR, Gabe Wescott - Woodbridge - JR, Corahn Alleyne - DMA - JR

2017 DIFCA Third Team

Quarterback: Zach Gwynn - Salesianum - SR

Running Backs: Grahm Roberts - Concord - SR, Javon Peace - Dover - SO

Receivers: Nicky Johnston - Middletown - JR, Michael Brewer - Woodbridge - SR, Jamir Dantley - A.I. duPont - JR

Fullback: Robert Jadick - Appoquinimink - SR

Tight End: Victor Marcelo - St. Mark's - JR

Center: Joshua Propes - Woodbridge - JR

Guards: Christian Francis - Howard - SR, Naquan Peace - Dover - SR

Tackles: Joe Cartwright - St. Mark's - JR, Xzavier Chandler - Hodgson - SR

Kicker: Kyle Peterson - A.I. duPont - SR

Punter; Sean Quirk - Dover - SR

Returner: Zion Reed - Sussex Central - JR

Def. Ends: Daniel Adebi - Friends - SR, Jordan Waters - Milford - SR

Def. Tackles: Jhemir Stanley - St. Georges - SR, Anthony Soscia - Archmere - SR

Linebackers: Lance Edwards - William Penn - SR, Joe Gormley - Salesianum - SR, Carson Phillips - Delmar - SR, James Holmes - Caesar Rodney - SR

Secondary: Mandela Montgomery - Caravel - SR, Brandon Dennis - Concord - SR, Ben Ashby - Cape Henlopen - SR, Daniel Douglas - Hodgson - JR

First time in recorded history that the Sals did not have a first teamer (the kicker saved the day) on either side of the ball. To paraphrase the great Tubby Raymond, this year's team was 'modest'.

First time in recorded history that the Sals did not have a first teamer (the kicker saved the day) on either side of the ball. To paraphrase the great Tubby Raymond, this year's team was 'modest'.

...tail- I get that you mean they didn't have a 1st teamer specifically on O or D...... but they had a 1st team selection so its semantics.
....however-it is fitting

Smyrna is well respresented, at least we don't have to listen to Pickles bs about Henlopen coaches not voting for Smyrna players because they are "salty"......... maybe one of the most idiotic posts i've read smh

Reactions: baseballer46
Smyrna is well respresented, at least we don't have to listen to Pickles bs about Henlopen coaches not voting for Smyrna players because they are "salty"......... maybe one of the most idiotic posts i've read smh

Well. To that point.

Yet another example of a Smyrna player getting 2nd team all conference (Wormley) yet first team all state....

So my point is actually reinforced you dimwit. Henlopen voting is saturated with salt from loser coaches, and the rest of the state corrects it.

Eat shit much? You’re almost too stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: prepfootballstars

Explain how one can be the 3rd best tackle in their conference but the 1st or 2nd best in the state....I hope you don’t use that logic of yours at your high end retail job (Walmart)

Voting in general is plain out politics...whose name is in the paper and who gets recognized. Doesn't even matter if youre better or not.
Conference voting can also tell a different story...When Triston Harris got 1st team conference over Nolan Henderson and then they flipped for All-State, simple the coaches in the conference had to prepare more in their games about Harris than Henderson...But who got all the notice and media attention well Henderson since they went onto the championship to win it. How did they win? Earthquake. Yeah Henderson has stats and what not but Smyrna knows how to win games. Get the ball out of the QBs hands and in to Knight's.
So how can a guy get 2/3rd in the conference but 1st all state? Simple the coaches vote for kids who they see in the paper, not kids who they have to game plan against.

we can meet in person and i will go paycheck for paycheck with you any time, hell send me your email in a private message since you like to call out jobs and paychecks. in the words of cardi b, you can't fook with this if you wanted too

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
we can meet in person and i will go paycheck for paycheck with you any time, hell send me your email in a private message since you like to call out jobs and paychecks. in the words of cardi b, you can't fook with this if you wanted too

The fact that you know who Cardi B is and I don’t suggests I make more than you because I don’t pay attention to that crap.

Don’t be salty like the Hen North “coaches”. Just because you aren’t smart enough to see how your point about all those smyrna players being on all state reinforced my point about Hen North coaches being girls doesn’t mean you have to get super defensive. That’s what D2 parents do. Are you a D2 parent?

cfa49da2667eeb4562c0d51132e4588c--funny-old-ladies-funny-cartoons.jpg

How the hell do you do the private message in this forum?

dovetail....you are kind of getting doom and gloom here in your old age..... The Sals ain't going anywhere. They have talent on the way.

and to set the record straight my brother....No Sals first team all stater in FB in 1998, 2002, 2003, 2008... they came back in 2009 and won it all.....

Modest. OK. by Sals fans standards, if you don't make the tournament you had a bad year.

Last edited:
This is why Smyrna keeps a chip on their shoulders. MT has about 16 starters because many kids go both ways. Smyrna has 23 starters. MT gets 9/16= 56% of the team gets slots as All State selections. And some got selected for two positions. So more that half of their players are among the best in the state in their positions? And Smyrna gets 7/23 = 31% of their players get All State. Yes, they got first team, but you are telling me that NO ONE on the Smyrna team deserved 2nd or 3rd team? That seems to be a statistical anomaly. No Diron Acco (#22), No Caden Naylor (#21), No Jared Mullen (#9), No Anthony Buscemi (#60) with precision kickoffs. I know that it's a name recognition thing, and it's easier to pick someone who you see on both sides of the ball, and it difficult to pick too many from any one team (with a few exceptions), and it doesn't even matter anyway, and that 2nd team award will look good beside the McDonald's employee of the month award in ten years, and you can't let anyone else define your worth, and yadda yadda. But Come on Man (Men)!

And btw, only a couple of Delmar kids???

Last edited:
Reactions: Eaglesdeefense
Oh, he's my favorite.

Reactions: 84rider
How about #29 Jon Smith (defensive tackle) from Middletown. He was 2nd team all-state last year. He had a tremendous senior season. No one blocked him all year. Super strong and fast. He scored a TD after he caused a fumble in the championship game. The kid made so many tackles for a loss that I lost count. There is NO defensive lineman in the state even close to him. Some kind of backroom schnanigance kept him off the first team. That's for sure.

How about #29 Jon Smith (defensive tackle) from Middletown. He was 2nd team all-state last year. He had a tremendous senior season. No one blocked him all year. Super strong and fast. He scored a TD after he caused a fumble in the championship game. The kid made so many tackles for a loss that I lost count. There is NO defensive lineman in the state even close to him. Some kind of backroom schnanigance kept him off the first team. That's for sure.

Sorry for the letdown, Dad

Well smart guy your way off. My son was an all-state selection last year. I have an up and coming one soon but not this year. It never ceases to amaze me that some of you guys always throw dad comments as your reasoning behind some ones commentary. So elementary.

I’m sure he’s up and coming. More like down and going

that's a pretty inconsiderate thing to say about someones child, officially putting you on ignore, you're not worth the time
That's ok. My kids a stud and will have his chance. The pickleman can't help his unprofessionalism. Nothing is beneath him to say. I truly feel sorry for guys like him.

Does a mother really think or say such comments. That takes it to anyone depth.

All the stupid shit I’ve said on here and THAT’S what offends you? I obviously have no idea how he or his kid are. I just said the opposite of what he said, up and coming, as a corny joke. You guys really are D2 dads

Good kid had 17 tackles for loss by our count. However English is a Man Child. Also there are two other kids left off that list who had more Tackles for Loss who are bigger an just as fast. So I would tell him not to worry about it if you know him. Some obvious mistakes are always made in All state teams in every state. But college coaches know who is who. Trust me.

FYI no I don’t joke about kids, adults that’s another story. I like to talk trash talk but imo kids and spouses are off limits, just the way I roll

Reactions: 8484ron
All the stupid shit I’ve said on here and THAT’S what offends you? I obviously have no idea how he or his kid are. I just said the opposite of what he said, up and coming, as a corny joke. You guys really are D2 dads

pickle, stop it! Don't try to out stupid shit me. I have had years of practice. I even banished myself for 6 months once. I do try to not put down kids.....and I know your remark was just a play on words.

Do you do HS basketball? They have a lack of talent over there...

Reactions: 84rider and 8484ron
FYI no I don’t joke about kids, adults that’s another story. I like to talk trash talk but imo kids and spouses are off limits, just the way I roll
Obviously pickleperson has no filter on what he/she says. This type of behaviour is unfortunately uncontrollable for some and must be overlooked by the more fortunate minded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT