ADVERTISEMENT

officials

Feb 13, 2013
I'm somewhat new to DE High school Lax.Is the officiating poor acrosse the state or just been my luck to see the weak ones..The games I,v seen have been onesided,so the officials did not play into the outcome,but it sure would be a shame if they did in close one. Maybe having to do back to back games( JV/Varsity) is asking to much.
This post was edited on 4/11 1:32 PM by panther2superbee

No better in PA, either! I went to the Sals/Malvern game last week and was appalled by the calls. Granted, I am a Salesianum fan, but I'm not one to usually complain. The calls were so blatantly one sided that the officials did have an affect on the game. Salesianum played man down for well over 14 minutes of the game - and two men down for at least 4.

Did Salesianum play a very physical game? That's where I've noticed a real disparity in the way high school games are officiated in the region. It seems that some refs have decided to take hard hits and checks out of the game regardless of whether they're legal of not.

I agree. The Sals were up 3 to 1 after one (they scored 2 goals a man up for full disclosure) and were really controlling play. But 5 flags thrown against the Sals during the 2nd period really changed the game. Malvern led 6 to 5 mid way through the 4th when the officials waved off the goal everyone thought tied the game because the official said the man was in the crease. The video I saw disputes that. Malvern scored goal 7 a man up and goal 8 two men up and the game was over. Malvern may have won the game anyway but the officials were a major influence on the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT