ADVERTISEMENT

OT: #1 Bama vs #3 LSU

6-0 Bama. LSU targeting foul gets overturned ,,, good review and reversal of call

Last edited:
So I was told by friend of my Dad who stayed with us a bit Claude Guidry cousin to Ron Guidry ,a former Yankees pitcher, who has been to a few games at LSU. They are from that area. He told me the stadium smells like a whiskey bar and the scene is crazy,, lol I believe that,,, These folks are tuned up lol.. He also told me Ron wasn't even a starter in HS which is a whole different story..

Bummy do you subscribe to the theory of if I say they will lose they will win when talking about teams you root for?.. so its some sort of negative reinforcement thing you have going on in your own mind? Its not uncommon.. People often set themselves up for failure ahead of time just in case they lose. It makes the disappointment of losing easier to handle and you can say you were right, ,,and if your team wins your glad you were wrong..win win.. but it is a negative way to approach things. .. the agony of defeat and humility is an important emotion for growth.. just saying

I am familiar with the theory and I appreciate your interest in my mental health. Let me give a brief overview of where I am on both teams.

Salesianum. Rooted for them as a kid. Went ambivalent as an adult but used to love to crank up the Sals' faithful when this forum started like 15 years ago. I was my own best audience. Today - because of my son in law I have become a rooting fan. As somebody once said they are loaded with a lot of 6 and 7's in a world where like the Reeders are 9.5's.

(The Dover thread is for real and the Sals have been fortuitous with their schedule)

In my heart of hearts I am a Wilmington High fan and they ain't no more.

Notre Dame. I have lived and died with ND FB since the early 1960's. I am a true believer. I disliked Weis's pomposity. I got turned off by Kelly holding the school up for a new contract when he had initial success. I know people who have come into contact with Kelly and love the guy. I don't think Kelly is a big game coach.
Ara and Lou were truly great men and great coaches. (...and even Holtz would get on my nerves by acting like every opponent was the 2nd coming of the 1961 Packers..)

That's my story.

and that concludes our dime store psychology portion of our program today..thanks Bummy for sharing.. lol and Holtz did do that bugged me also..One of my HS coaches used to do that.. Every team we played was either world beaters or way better than their record haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I'll be very disappointed if this was a facade...

fletcherbrownTechlg.jpg

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
NPOA

LA did good. You are the only one I read about that has attended there.

Curious about the structure, did you recall any glazing going on?

One last ? What type of classes did they offer? Thanx in advance.

The only one that mattered to Bummy.. Accordion 101 :p but hey not only did they teach how to play it they also taught how to take it apart and fix it.. Bummy is master accordion repairman in case you didn't know.. A very rare skill I might add

I believe Brown was constructed in 1935-38. It certainly was built with the construction standards and techniques of the time...like all brick on block construction. Those old radiators would could have heated the Brandywine. An A bomb wouldn't have taken that building down. That was the original building. It should have been on the historic register and should have never been torn down. The building and grounds were owned by the old Wilmington School District and therefore was owned by the city of Wilmington. It started to be taken down before Delcastle was ready.

Shops in my era: Metals (would evolve into sheet metal), carpentry, electrical, masonry, plumbing, beauty culture (now cosmetology), secretarial, commercial (like accounting), nursing (which prepared students for the RN postgrad programs or got you to the LPN test).

One of my cousins is quoted in this article:

http://www.hockessincommunitynews.com/article/20081021/NEWS/310219945

Reactions: cavaliercharlie
I believe Brown was constructed in 1935-38. It certainly was built with the construction standards and techniques of the time...like all brick on block construction. Those old radiators would could have heated the Brandywine. An A bomb wouldn't have taken that building down. That was the original building. It should have been on the historic register and should have never been torn down. The building and grounds were owned by the old Wilmington School District and therefore was owned by the city of Wilmington. It started to be taken down before Delcastle was ready.

Shops in my era: Metals (would evolve into sheet metal), carpentry, electrical, masonry, plumbing, beauty culture (now cosmetology), secretarial, commercial (like accounting), nursing (which prepared students for the RN postgrad programs or got you to the LPN test).

One of my cousins is quoted in this article:

http://www.hockessincommunitynews.com/article/20081021/NEWS/310219945

Inquiring minds want to know.. What was your occupation?.. yeah we know accordion was your hobby but what did you do for a living? Your the most interesting man on DEPreps.. give us at least that much

“A person who works with his hands is a laborer. A person who works with his hands and mind is a craftsman. And a person who works with their hands, mind and heart is an artisan and a Brown Vocational graduate.”

"Alumni are still trying to get space to display the football programs, banners, school letters and other memorabilia from their private collections." Did this ever happen at Delcastle?

CC, are you trying to ID me? I did a few things as you probably know. My greatest success was as a construction equipment sales rep during the construction boom.

No, Delcastle has never carried forward anything from Brown (except many of its initial shop teachers).

UB, Thank you, just interested in Delaware HS Education and Football bloodlines.

Also, not my intent to ID you, I already have hundreds of times, every time I see someone wearing a ND crew neck sweatshirt or hoodie at a HS game.

My final ID answer would be George Plimpton?

Sparty, I will neither confirm nor deny anything else about my ID. I am just a boring old codger.

Great weather out there, my friends.

Bummy will be taking a one week absence from the board due to outside demands.

Go Tatnall!

Sparty, I will neither confirm nor deny anything else about my ID. I am just a boring old codger.

Great weather out there, my friends.

Bummy will be taking a one week absence from the board due to outside demands.

Go Tatnall!
Cannon Trophy on the line. Good luck All. Contingency plan in place just in case the cannon has to be hauled back to Founders Hall.
7e6bce08d098295b8450bc51fbb3272e.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT