ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under for Early Signing Day December 18

How many signings will there be on December 18-20?

• More than five (5)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Less than five (5)

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Other than Potter who else is verbally committed that may sign?...and this is just pure speculation but Potter might get some higher interest so it is not out of the question he de-commits or at least waits to sign to see.. again zero inside knowledge of what he wants just a possibility.. I don't think you see to many early signers to FCS although I could be wrong..

Does Debo commit early? He has offers. Just guessing, but it appears Potter is fairly firmly committed to Nova. I think that is a really good fit for him and he should get some early playing time. According to Kohls Kicking, Friends kicker, Jaworski, is committed to Colgate. Delaware State sometimes takes one or two. I have not seen any early UD commits from in-state this year.

Other than Potter who else is verbally committed that may sign?...and this is just pure speculation but Potter might get some higher interest so it is not out of the question he de-commits or at least waits to sign to see.. again zero inside knowledge of what he wants just a possibility.. I don't think you see to many early signers to FCS although I could be wrong..

Also, if an FCS program is offering $$, then they will want guys to commit in writing to avoid them shopping around (IE: Potter above). FCS always likes to lock their top guys in early if they can.

Keep an eye on U of Maryland ,,, he may end up there

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Are you talking about the "Whole state of DE"... 5 or under? That can not be right. FBS and FCS next week?

Yes. I believe that it is correct. We know of three (3) who are probable commits so far next Wednesday 12/18 for FBS and/or FCS. Are there others out there who you know will commit early and who we don't already know about? It appears that five (5) is a a pretty good number for the over/under....which takes into consideration a couple of signings that we may not yet know about.

I do not know anyone. I am just SHOCKED that number is so low in the whole entire state. If I had to guess I would have probably said over under 20-30. FBS one thing but FCS too I just assumed that the number was over 20. I just felt like there had to be more.

Debo released his final four on Twitter yesterday. UMass, Delaware, Elon and Monmouth. Unless Potter flips to MD, there may not be any FBS signings on the 18th.

Debo released his final four on Twitter yesterday. UMass, Delaware, Elon and Monmouth. Unless Potter flips to MD, there may not be any FBS signings on the 18th.

I am going with Debo to UD with his fellow Eagles.. If he chooses UMass that would be FBS but they suck lol.. I was thinking he might go Coastal but I guess not.. I don't see the tweet though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Throwbackjack
U of D would be the best move. I have one of my former players there and it is a great situation with facilities, location and overall game day experience.

U of D would be the best move. I have one of my former players there and it is a great situation with facilities, location and overall game day experience.

You don't think Coach Rocco is on the hot seat after what many consider a couple disappointing seasons?

I am hearing that he is not on the hot seat. But he should be! The year he went to play-offs involved most of Brock's recruits. He has now had more than enough time to bring in his "guys". I would hope that if they don't make the play-offs next year that they would make another change. We are now coming up on 10 years of futility with the program. There is no reason JMU should be that far ahead of Delaware on an annual basis.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I am going with Debo to UD with his fellow Eagles.. If he chooses UMASS that would be FBS but they suck lol.. I was thinking he might go Coastal but I guess not.. I don't see the tweet though.

UD is my best as well, although I have met the Coaching staff at Elon and think they are up and coming, so I would have them as my dark horse pick.

I agree U of D is underachieving. I have had multiple players at JMU over past 10 years with one currently on the roster. I do not think U of D is at JMU level. JMU is on par with many, many group of 5 schools and play power 5 schools close on a consistent basis. JMU is on a pretty different level. U of D does have the resources, backing and history to get there in the future.

I have confirmation that Mtown DB TJ Butler is signing early. Bryant University. Still waiting on if Quez Walker is singing early too....Old Dominion

Reactions: Throwbackjack
Liked Walkers game. Good kid from what I hear. Butler I didn’t see it from games i saw but scouts saw something.

Completely agree. That’s actually a good statement or response to that question.

lol everyone looks like a stud in highlight vids... and I mean everyone especially everyone who plays in weak ass Flight A Delaware.. lol I don't see BCS stud here I see a good player in his realm..very common every team has one....

lol.. I concede that De football is weak.. not for a lack of talent.. mostly due to inept inbred coaching and a societal construct centered around parity.. you know.. small town small minds and all..

but what didn’t you see?

He must have just had a bad game in the championship game this year because I didn’t notice him. Was he the DB that was hurt?

Thanks for the highlight reel but its always good to see full game since it doesn't show the entire picture. But since you did here is my break down:

Play 1: vs. Concord - QB throws ball up for grabs - anyone's ball
Play 2: punt return - great run but doesn't show DB skills
Play 3: vs Delcastle - ball thrown at ground by QB
Play 4: vs Hodgson - Actually bites on the fake putting himself out of position. Picks up a loose ball that QB throws behind line of scrimmage after other stop. Hustle play not DB play.
Play 5: Not in play, actually starts to slow up until fumble. Ball bounces to him. Half hustle play.
Play 6: Assisting on tackle - strip - smart play on him (+)
Play 7: Hit caused the WR to drop but there was way to much cushion. Better WR catches it.
Play 8: Championship game - Got beat on the double pass. But player dropped/ball was under thrown
Play 9: He hits WR after other DB was already on the ball.

I stopped at that point but Mr. Butler thank you for the film.

Reactions: Rockem sockem
Thanks for the highlight reel but its always good to see full game since it doesn't show the entire picture. But since you did here is my break down:

Play 4: vs Hodgson - Actually bites on the fake putting himself out of position. Picks up a loose ball that QB throws behind line of scrimmage after other stop. Hustle play not DB play.
Play 5: Not in play, actually starts to slow up until fumble. Ball bounces to him. Half hustle play.
Play 7: Hit caused the WR to drop but there was way to much cushion. Better WR catches it.
Play 8: Championship game - Got beat on the double pass. But player dropped/ball was under thrown

Nailed it. Shame on whomever assisted/guided Butler in putting together this highlight film. Butler's film is very weak in compared to what he is capable of producing on the field. Butler's presence on the field doesn't do this film any justice.

I was thinking the same thing MM.

You guys are hilarious.. first off.. you clearly don’t understand coverages or defense:
- cover 3 v HVT in chip; corner bites, he saves play:
- force player/alley defender CANNOT “bite” on a fake.. lol.. alley is the alley.. he attacks alley.. forces late pitch, then finishes the play with a scope and score..

Ironically.. film was coordinated by one of this crews trusted/revered.. too funny.. but more importantly.. you delete you’re original comment that says film shows speed/instinct/flat out player, to this coordinated critique.. I get it.. we live in the day of alt factz.. funny how his film (and camp showings) have resulted in multiple offers and a (confirmed.. ask Blum) increase in foot traffic to the school.. or maybe it’s the 4.53 speed.. or the 225x8 bench.. or the all honors/AP 3.4 GPA (non of which any of your “favorite DBs” have)

Let’s be honest: Most of you just hate on the kid cus he’s done shit “his way” and bucked your system that anoints certain kids and dismisses others.. I only stopped by cus someone told me to take a look.. I gotta be honest.. and of course objectively speaking.. this is awful.. lol.. entertaining.. but awful (the guy literally woke up at 2:30am to change his complimentary comments about the kid to replace with a flippant one-liner).. unconscionable.. smh

I hope you weren’t thinking the same thing.. or maybe that explains it all..
I really hope you weren’t critiquing, a ball thrown low and outside that would likely have been a incompletion and offense retains ball, being turned into a take away, as insignificant.. and not creating a turnover/athletic.. I hope you didn’t agree that a ball thrown into hook/curl/seam is your free safety getting beat.. please tell me you all aren’t just on here talking shit.. but really understand football.. this is a Rivals forum.. right‍♂️

Mr. Butler your opinions are your opinions and mine is mine. Thank you again for the highlight film but I prefer full game to see all plays. Never talked shit as you claim I just said I don’t see it. But agreed with BiB that someone on DI did and in the end that’s all that matters. I look forward to seeing where life takes jr.

True highlight films are looking at the recruiting players teammates highlight tapes. What is said player doing when his teammate is making the highlighted play. This is what most Daddies and Mommies don’t understand. We understand you are a bleacher seat #1 fan. You have every right. On the other hand you might want to understand what others are viewing as negative highlights to create a better highlight reel. No one is trash talking your son and stating he is not a good DB. He will be recruited and will be leveling ball on the next level.

Play 1 - wins 50/50 ball...this is bad
Play 2 - playmaking ability on display...this is also bad apparently
Play 3 - makes incredible play on the ball to secure the interception. this ball looked completely uncatchable...please delete this play from his highlight film. this is a lowlight because the ball was thrown low
Play 4 - does NOT bite on the play fake in the backfield, shows patience in reading the play, shows playmaking ability...i prefer when the safeties see a run fake and fly into box to make the tackle
Play 5 - pursuing the ball carrier while taking away the backside cutback lane, flies to ball once on the ground, playmaker on display...i hate it when the backside safety doesn't over pursue
Play 7 - do you understand coverage? this is zone under with 2-high safeties. he is providing help over the top and comes in like train to force the incomplete pass. Right CB did an amazing job of passing coverage when the WRs crossed. MTown coaching on full display here....he should have abandoned his assignment and made the play sooner. When will safeties learn that they need to cover the underneath routes when they are in deep zone?
Play 8 - yep, a high schooler got beat on trick play. Yet his make-up speed is on full display and he forces another incomplete pass...in a championship game!...how the heck can you bite on that first pass?!?! he'll be lucky to get an offer from Juniata College with play like this
Play 9 - playing a true "free safety" here, the DB rolls with the QB and makes a play on the ball, preventing the catch....Reminds me of Tyrann Mathieu here. Who wants to be compared to that guy?

IDK MightyMik....its all about perspective i guess

Last edited:
Play 1 - wins 50/50 ball...this is bad
Play 2 - playmaking ability on display...this is also bad apparently
Play 3 - makes incredible play on the ball to secure the interception. this ball looked completely uncatchable...please delete this play from his highlight film. this is a lowlight because the ball was thrown low
Play 4 - does NOT bite on the play fake in the backfield, shows patience in reading the play, shows playmaking ability...i prefer when the safeties see a run fake and fly into box to make the tackle
Play 5 - pursuing the ball carrier while taking away the backside cutback lane, flies to ball once on the ground, playmaker on display...i hate it when the backside safety doesn't over pursue
Play 7 - do you understand coverage? this is zone under with 2-high safeties. he is providing help over the top and comes in like train to force the incomplete pass. Right CB did an amazing job of passing coverage when the WRs crossed. MTown coaching on full display here....he should have abandoned his assignment and made the play sooner. When will safeties learn that they need to cover the underneath routes when they are in deep zone?
Play 8 - yep, a high schooler got beat on trick play. Yet his make-up speed is on full display and he forces another incomplete pass...in a championship game!...how the heck can you bite on that first pass?!?! he'll be lucky to get an offer from Juniata College with play like this
Play 9 - playing a true "free safety" here, the DB rolls with the QB and makes a play on the ball, preventing the catch....Reminds me of Tyrann Mathieu here. Who wants to be compared to that guy?

IDK MightyMik....its all about perspective i guess

You are right. No one can have their own opinions anymore. You ask what I saw and I tell you. Actually you are putting extra sarcasm in most statements that was never stated. You are right I know nothing about football. Coached 20 years between high school and college. Also won state championships in multiple sports, unlike the athlete you are talking about. - Okay last one is a shot but it was too easy.

Thank you again for your responses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT