ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Outlook - May 5

DELax100

Getting reps on JV
May 8, 2008
Update from the May 1 post -

Top four seeds - will still come from the group of Sallies, Archmere, Cape, CR, Tower, Friends.

Sallies looks to be safely in the top four. CR and Friends will each probably need a win in their respective games coming up against Archmere to lock up a bye. Archmere needs to win two of three against CR, Friends and/or Sallies to guarantee a top four. The winner of the Cape-Tower game also looks to end up with a bye. All six of these teams look to be safely in the tourney somewhere.

Charter and DMA - again, both look to be in (Charter has an automatic bid), but strength of schedule will keep them out of the top seeds.

Last four open spots - still too early to guess how this ends up. Dover now controls it own destiny with the win yesterday over Sussex Tech - they lock a spot by winning two of their last three games.

There are three games today that will start narrowing the field -

Hodgson-Newark - Hodgson may need to win their last five games to have a shot - a loss today would probably eliminate their playoff chances

McKean-Mount Pleasant - This is an elimination game - McKean needs to win out and finish 13-2 to have a playoff chance, so a loss today knocks them out. Mount Pleasant will need to win out and get some luck to make the playoffs if they lose today.

AI DuPont - Brandywine: A loss today probably finishes Brandywine's playoff chances. Even with a strong record, I don't see a way for AI to make it, even with a win today.

There are still too many games left to do a realistic "How do the seedings look today" schedule -

Please explain the rule that gives Charter an automatic bid? I was under the impression there were "no" automatic bids and that entrance into the tournament was based solely on a point system for "all" entrants. Is the Blue Hen A winner an automatic?

Per the DIAA Lacrosse Tourney rules, The Blue Hen, Henlopen, and Independent league champs all get an automatic bid. I can't remember a season when the champs of these conferences did not get in on their own, but last year Charter was close as the #11 seed. Depending on how things finish this year, they may need it this time.

I think it's safe to say the final four teams will come from the top 6. The other 6 will probably lose their six games by a total of 120 goals. Especially DMA.... I can see Sallies beating them 35-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT