2 AI DuPont
3 Woodbridge
4 Friends
5 Conrad
6 Caravel
7 St. Marks
8 Archmere

Possibly 2-3 first round upsets.

I wouldn't count out Sallies, or Central just yet. The good thing is, we will see just how good these two are this weekend, Central against Smyrna and Sallies against Middletown.

Is your D2 feild in the order of seeding? Cause I can't see DMA and A.i. Getting above Woodbridge unless they lose. A.i. Won't go undefeated but if they can, they would be the team to beat IMO.

Reactions: 84rider
Pump the breaks a bit. Probably gonna need 8 wins to make D2 playoffs or some bonus points.

on Conrad. Granted they are 4-1 but their 4 wins are against teams whose combined record is 2-17. Their 1 loss is versus Archmere who's been handled each of the last 2 weeks by St. Marks and Caravel. Their remaining schedule: Charter 1-4, McKean 1-4, Tower Hill 4-1, Delcastle 1-4, DMA 4-1. They are probably an 8 seed at best.

on Archmere sitting at 3-2 has DMA this week and then 4 cupcakes (St. E, Red Lion, Charter, FSMA). May miss the playoffs on SOS

on DMA they lost vs HVT and have St. Marks waiting in the wings who's been putting up big scores. They make the playoffs but probably sitting 4/5 slot.

St.Marks has an uphill battle to make the playoffs based on their upcoming schedule with DMA, Woodbridge, and Sals. Should they lose 2 of the 3 they'll be looking at bonus points on SOS to make the tournament.

Henlopen will likely get a 2nd team in either Delmar or Milford based on SOS. Pecking order to be resolved in the coming weeks. Milford has the advantage based on SOS

Delmar 4-1 remaining opponents Lake, Seaford, Laurel, Milford, Woodbridge.

Milford 3-2 remaining opponents Woodbridge, Cape*, IR, Delmar, Lake (D1 Bonus points)

Woodbridge 5-0 remaining opponents Milford, Lake, St. Marks, IR, Delmar.

Bonus points will go a long way in deciding D2 playoffs.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
The order is predicted order of seeding by points. SOS only matters if points are tied I believe. In the hypothetical I looked at, which is why we post here, I had Delmar at 7-3 and being outpointed. However, do not know size of some of the MD schools some teams play. There might be a bonus point or two I am missing.

I only see Conrad losing to DMA at the end of the season, so beating McKean/Charter/Delcastle/Tower Hill would give them a nice 20 points in those four wins and a likely bonus point if DMA wins 8 games (almost a lock at this point).

They might be able to sneak into that 4-5 game. All depends on what the Henny South and Caravel/St. Mark's/Archmere do.

Crazy thing is Conrad has beaten DMA the past 2 years, so who knows about that game.

I don’t see how we can actually evaluate Conrad

Wins over : Christiana, first state military , red lion and tatnall.

21-7 loss to Archmere . Not exactly an impressive resume . They could still lose 3 or 4 games .

I have a feeling there is going to be many teams at the end of the year going 7-3 and that may not be enough for a playoff spot

Woodbridge at Delmar

Final week of the season should be a good one. I might make the trip down to Delmar. Never been.

IMO there isn't a team in Delaware right now that can't be beaten. Woodbridge has shown some flaws, they shouldn't overlook DMA, St. Marks, Caravel, Or even Friends again.

In D1, yeah, it might be Middletown, Smyrna, and Sallies but if those three played 10 times against each other, they could all split even. There isn't that one team to be clear favorite like most years

Right now, everybody's either beating whoever's in front of them or they're not. That's subject to change with each week. Archmere looked like world beaters through 3 weeks and have last their last 2 (can excuse Sunday's game for obvious reasons). Woodbridge and AI look good, but Division II promises to be full of surprises. There are about 20 teams alive for 8 spots and once we get to those 8, it's anybody's guess.

Even so that game will most likely be a henlopen south title game .

Much better game than St Marks vs Sallies .

Even so that game will most likely be a henlopen south title game .

Much better game than St Marks vs Sallies .
What a snide comment.
St. Marks and Sallies is one thing Delaware should never lose like they have lost Dickinson, Wilmington High, PS DuPont, and look surely to miss Newark, Christiana, Glasgow, and Thomas McKean.

Eagle-I'm sorry, but the Sals-St.marks thing is dead. It's not a rivalry anymore. Maybe to the alumni and old timers, but it's an easy win for the Sals every year now. A no contest.

Newark-William Penn was another, and now that's gone. newark just doesn't have it anymore. The old rivalries are fading. And new ones are emerging.

Just look at Sals-Middletown, Woodbridge-Friends, Smyrna-Sals.

One of the older ones that is still around is Caesar Rodney and Dover. They may not be championship caliber teams, but they seem to be on the same level with each other every year. There's hatred there.

Eagle-I'm sorry, but the Sals-St.marks thing is dead. It's not a rivalry anymore. Maybe to the alumni and old timers, but it's an easy win for the Sals every year now. A no contest.

Newark-William Penn was another, and now that's gone. newark just doesn't have it anymore. The old rivalries are fading. And new ones are emerging.

Just look at Sals-Middletown, Woodbridge-Friends, Smyrna-Sals.

One of the older ones that is still around is Caesar Rodney and Dover. They may not be championship caliber teams, but they seem to be on the same level with each other every year. There's hatred there.
You may be missing a St Marks School and program trying to hang on. Sallies is keeping them, and and doing the best they can in keeping them relevant. Sallies needs and wants a strong St Marks, believe me. Think they want to play them twice in Baseball each year?

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ST Marks and Sallies football rivalry is dead. It won't be back any time soon if ever. The last 2 years have been a waste of time. Games weren't even close to being competitive. Enrollment at St marks is way down and they can't compete with Sallies in football . I hope they drop the game honestly. Baseball is different , both teams compete in the catholic conference and that's why they play each other twice.

Reactions: spartakos
We went from Woodbridge to St.Marks vs Sallies and wat teams have the best rival games.. Lol.. Gotta love the debates though...

because
ST Marks and Sallies football rivalry is dead. It won't be back any time soon if ever. The last 2 years have been a waste of time. Games weren't even close to being competitive. Enrollment at St marks is way down and they can't compete with Sallies in football . I hope they drop the game honestly. Baseball is different , both teams compete in the catholic conference and that's why they play each other twice.
I know why they play each other twice in Baseball but thanks for the clarification. I hope St. Marks regains it's enrollment and St E's keeps doing what they are doing with enrollment. It's hard for parents but well worth it.

Pretty sure it is Middletown, Smyrna and then everyone else in DI

But D2 looks like a strong field

1 DMA
2 AI DuPont
3 Woodbridge
4 Friends
5 Conrad
6 Caravel
7 St. Marks
8 Archmere

Possibly 2-3 first round upsets.

Leaving the City out of your D2 equation is shortsighted. The Eastsiders will have enough points to punch their dance ticket......

A rivalry is a rivalry records matter not but in every rivalry there may be periods of decline from one side or the other but that doesn't change the fact that there is a rivalry.

Howard is a team that even if they slip a game or two have a strong enough schedule to get the bonus points to get in the playoffs. They'll probably get points from Hodgson and Glasgow then could get another point each from St. Mark's and Brandywine if they finish strong. I think DuPont will lose 3 of their final games so they would get a point from them. So Howard should finish with somewhere between 4-6 bonus points. Only teams in all of DE that could possibly have more is probably Smyrna, Milford and St. Marks.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
A rivalry is a rivalry records matter not but in every rivalry there may be periods of decline from one side or the other but that doesn't change the fact that there is a rivalry.

Yeah but this is more than a decline for St Marks . The school has never been this small and it might be gone in 10 years.

Delmar has a legit team with from what I am hearing down there and has big time defensive with some D 1 talent on it. They are 4 and 1 after losing their starting QB the second game of the season. The game they lost was the game he got hurt. And I believe they were leading in the forth by 3. And the other team scored like 21 in the last 3 min of the forth from turnovers. Their team came to a camp I was at in MD and had like 6 guys run 4.6 and below and a defense linemen that I seen do 225 14 times and apparently is 15. We never got to go against the any of them so I don’t know how that speed translates to the field. Personally I would go watch that game should be a good one.

Delmar is coached well and always comes ready to play I think it will be close for the first quarter until Woodbridge pulls away. That Friends team is better than Delmar defensively. Woodbridge is building a football program over there. They are good from top to bottom, they're undefeated from middleschool on up to their freshmen team, jv and obviously varsity.

Howard is a team that even if they slip a game or two have a strong enough schedule to get the bonus points to get in the playoffs. They'll probably get points from Hodgson and Glasgow then could get another point each from St. Mark's and Brandywine if they finish strong. I think DuPont will lose 3 of their final games so they would get a point from them. So Howard should finish with somewhere between 4-6 bonus points. Only teams in all of DE that could possibly have more is probably Smyrna, Milford and St. Marks.

Bummy can visualize the scenario where 3 city teams get into the playoff....the Slowskys, the Hillers and the Wildcats. There could dancing in Rodney Square.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT