ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Concord vs SM

Jawnsky

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2012
DE
Playoff time....who do you like and why. Words/Wardrobes/Pics and restaurant reviews all welcome......
this is another of many interesting games this weekend......rise and shine too....

Sparty gave up a lot of rushing yards to CR and Concord can run the rock but can they stop the pass. Guessing the cold weather helps slow down the passing game and Concord wins.

Where has Marquise Normand been, has he played their last 2 games? No stats for him on MaxPreps, is he hurt?

Normand has been hurt and will be ready to go Saturday. He comes back helps a hurting d and Spartans win.

It all depends on which St. Marks team shows up. Are they going to play like they did against CR, Dover and Penn? If so, Concord will beat them. Concord has a strong defense and running game, but they get caught with their pants down on plays that contributed to their losses to Penn, Middletown, and Sallies.

If you compare teams they have both played, such as Penn: St. Marks flat out lost, Concord could have won. Concord blew out Dover, Dover could have beat St. Marks that night. Then St. Marks almost lost to 2-8 CR. St. Marks did beat Sallies, and Concord lost to them, but till the end of 3rd quarter, Concord dominated that entire game.
This game is really evenly matched.

I wish I could make it. I'm traveling this weekend for work. Keep all of the score updated for me?

This post was edited on 11/11 10:06 PM by A.I.Pride

Pride....you are correct, this game is very difficult to get a handle on. I believe Concord is very underrated and could give the Spartans D a rough time. If Concord struggles with the pass, they will have their hands full.
Concord can run and the run defense/LB support in particular has been the Achilles heel for SM.
All that aside, I expect Salesianum to beat Sussex Tech sending them to WP. If I am correct on that, I am fairly confident you will see Concord or SM winner beat MT and move on to the finals vs WP or Sals.

Two battle tested teams here so it should be a good game. Concord has the elements on their side because it's going to be colder than a witch's elbow on Saturday morning, and I don't know if St. Mark's has the running game to match Concord's. I'll take the Raiders.

Going with Concord here, due to the dumba$$ game time. NO game should start before 1:00. Schools continuing to schedule early games like this should be ashamed of themselves. Makes them look a little needy in that they may be fearful of playing teams when they are awake.

Originally posted by ceech1:

Going with Concord here, due to the dumba$$ game time. NO game should start before 1:00. Schools continuing to schedule early games like this should be ashamed of themselves. Makes them look a little needy in that they may be fearful of playing teams when they are awake.
Agreed......George must have pictures on somebody to pull this one off cause it was not a blind choice.

th

Saturday am football ...I think that is a home field advantage...and they earned it for this round....

No chatter on this one during the game? Had a buddy texting me the whole time. Sounds like the fans saw an exciting football game as the Spartans prevailed 35-28.

Cheers,

Busch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT