ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: ST vs Sals

Jawnsky

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2012
DE
very interesting game here.... who and why?
This post was edited on 11/11 6:46 PM by Jawnsky

Wish I could see this game to see Kane in person - Kane train rolls on.

Have not seen the Kane train live, did watch him compete at the NUC Combine, he was the best kid there, watched the Cape/ST film, he was very good, but Cape was weak, tackling was horrible, and Cape looked completely over matched. ST played only 2 teams with winning records, Sallies played 6, if you count DMA, which is a stretch, Sallies played from behind in both the MT and Concord games and won and came back on Poly and WP, both losses but did not cash it in, so will be close but I give the edge to the Sals, 28-21

This was actually easier than I thought. Sals win and get a much anticipated rematch at 10-0 WP.......this is the only game I have really taken a close look at yet but here we go.....
They both played 2 common opponents CR/SM very well. ST scored a ton of points but also allowed a lot of pts while the Sals seemed a bit more balanced.

ST avg 45ppg and 17ppg allowed and Sals avg 30 per on offense but only allowing 14 per game.

Sals will win by 14pts . Sussex Tech is going to get their points but Sallies will win because they can also score but they play much better D and are by far more battle tested-facing 5 quality opponents to Techs 2.
BDN will exploit the Ravens weakness- DEFENSE.

Sals win line of scrimmage battle/clock control and their D continues to improve. I am thinking 35-21. Defending Champs at least 1 more week!

This post was edited on 11/11 9:03 PM by Jawnsky

Have only seen Tech and they are not a one man band. There are 2 or 3 other offensive players who can run up and down the field pretty good. Their passing game is not bad and the coaching staff will have a game plan especially for the Sallies.

Tech is overmatched on the line, but might have enough fight in 'me to take that advantage away.

Plus, Tech is at home and wears all black. If they dim the lights just a little- you can't hardly see the WR's out on the edges.

Tech has running backs other than Kane who can make you miserable and a surprisingly quick defense. Sals has done a great job getting back to the dance and you never count out the defending champ, but I think Sussex Tech wears em down and heads to Middletown.

This one is extremely close. Tech has more dangerous weapons however Sals is better up front and has faced much more adversity, toss up in my opinion. Everyone esle is showing upstate love........Tech 28 Sals 27

instead of editing...just wanted to add that I see this as a back and forth type affair with Sals holding a 28-21 lead and getting that last TD late in the game to get it to 14pts etc. Basically the same type of game prediction I nailed last week in MT.
But this one will have a ton of yards and/or big plays.....finishing drives(or stopping them) will be huge!

Team with no nickname is Sallies, who he says has more game than Sussex Tech. And free malt liquor and/or beer to any of the Salesianum crew on here. I think. I don't know where, but I wish I did. Some Edward 40-hands would make the cold weather a lot easier to deal with.

This post was edited on 11/12 10:18 PM by CountianJeff

Nicknames? The Sals, Sallies, The Big S, The Clones, The Slowskys. The Gents, The Broomstreeters??? I have kind of given up.

Sussex Tech is a scoring machine. The Big S better bring their game or it will be a long cold ride home.

Biblically speaking " Kane is Able" to all those good catholic boys from the north
This post was edited on 11/13 12:14 PM by Mobhits

He means no team name. Not nickname. Salesianum isn't the Ravens, Knights, Indians, anything like that. In the past, people have called them the Sals, but that's not official, right? Maybe you are correct though and I thought too much into it. It could be Tech he is referring to as the team without a nickname.

This post was edited on 11/13 1:23 PM by CountianJeff

I thought they were called the ( Boy Panda's) w/ sister school Padua

That's right - no mascot. Back in the day when I went there they had a contest to select a mascot/nick name for the school that never had one. Father Dougherty, the Principal selected "crusaders", the most hackneyed, overused nickname that every parochial school in the nation seems to use. Needless to say, "Crusaders" were dead on arrival.

Originally posted by dovetail:
CalPreps has the Sals 38-14
I think calpreps as ST as 28-27 winner on a neutral field.
This post was edited on 11/14 11:27 AM by Chesdel

Ches; not sure I understand you. Cal Preps shows the game in Georgetown. Is that ST's home field? Anyway, we'll know at around 9:30. I like the way BDN has got his kids playing now. This isn't the team they had last season by far but a credit to the coaching staff for bringing them together late in the season.

Originally posted by BlackDoug$:
Team wif no nickname gots mo.game free 40s at da krest 4 possy krew
what I b sayn iz sally gonta b win n den woops it up
dey gonsta b sippin sum crown wif da 4 oh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT