ADVERTISEMENT

Poll - will realignment happen?

Will realignment happen?

• Yes - Howard in 3A

• Yes - Howard in 2A

• Nope - D1 and D2 stays in place

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes to Howard in 3A. If they let Howard dictate this whole thing it shows how weak the whole committee is. There’s too many teams in 2A as it is, and no one else deserves to be up more than Howard. I’m with the Smyrna AD on this one. If you don’t move them up then no one will ever move up.

"Howard is a victim of their own success" - Donna Polk

going to disagree with Donna on this one. the only victim is whatever D2 team lined up against Howard for the past 5 years

I said it before and will say it again. The debate should be on the formula and division set ups. Decide on the format and formula to place the teams and the teams fall where they fall based on the formula.. There should be no debate what teams goes where... This is silly what they are doing..

https://www.wdel.com/news/diaa-pass...cle_82390392-6c8c-11eb-bb9c-d3197dae71b7.html

6025688a476e2.image.jpg

Total busllshit result - let 1 team out of it (Howard) and loaded the 3rd District in 2A. Caravel should be in 1 or 2. DMA and HOward have a walk to the tourney and 3rd District is like the Hunger Games - Caravel, Milford, Delamar and Woodbridge? Outside of Howard and Hodgson that is every state title other then 1 in past 20 years of D2.

What a shitshow.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
So how will schedules work? Each district plays the teams in it? If so, 2A D3 is murderers row... Only weak team is Red Lion with Lake and Caravel up and down.

Howard lost a lot of skill players QB Wrs OL DL LBs and not many bench players ready to step in those shoes only returning RB and a Wr
Who gives a shit teams lose talent every year hence the 2 year evaluation.

The real problem is size of school is NOT a way to evaluate the football capability of those schools.

So how will schedules work? Each district plays the teams in it? If so, 2A D3 is murderers row... Only weak team is Red Lion with Lake and Caravel up and down.
In case you hadn't noticed, Red Lion went 12-5 over the last 2 seasons, made states in 2020, and gave Howard their toughest test of the year. They still need to be time tested, but they are no longer the doormat they once were.

In case you hadn't noticed, Red Lion went 12-5 over the last 2 seasons, made states in 2020, and gave Howard their toughest test of the year. They still need to be time tested, but they are no longer the doormat they once were.
Still a tough pull for RL and CA. Milford, Woodbridge, Delmar would have been the 3 hardest games on the RL schedule last year and WB spanked CA.

Still a tough pull for RL and CA. Milford, Woodbridge, Delmar would have been the 3 hardest games on the RL schedule last year and WB spanked CA.
It WOULD be a tough pull for RL; a significant upgrade in schedule! I am just pointing out that if RL continues to play the way they have the past two seasons, they will hold their own in that group. BTW, RL also spanked CA by a very similar score as WB.

It WOULD be a tough pull for RL; a significant upgrade in schedule! I am just pointing out that if RL continues to play the way they have the past two seasons, they will hold their own in that group. BTW, RL also spanked CA by a very similar score as WB.
Yeah I was impressed with RL last year, had a tough team. Think most years wont look like last year between RL/CA they should be good games, think it was more of a good RL team and a down CA team, RL had a lot of senior leadership with Pergo, Purnell, Anderson, etc while CA started 10+ SO/FR. Next year should be a good game, think CA will get them in 22 & 23 (they will be loaded in those 2 years sort of the opposite situation as last year).

But truthfully think both will have hard road to win that district most years, honestly it will be hard for WB, Milforld and Delmar too. I would best 2-3 teams from that district each year in the playoffs. The other two districts are jokes should have moved CA or RL into the DMA district IMO to spread it out - DMA and Howard will win most years.

Yeah I was impressed with RL last year, had a tough team. Think most years wont look like last year between RL/CA they should be good games, think it was more of a good RL team and a down CA team, RL had a lot of senior leadership with Pergo, Purnell, Anderson, etc while CA started 10+ SO/FR. Next year should be a good game, think CA will get them in 22 & 23 (they will be loaded in those 2 years sort of the opposite situation as last year).

But truthfully think both will have hard road to win that district most years, honestly it will be hard for WB, Milforld and Delmar too. I would best 2-3 teams from that district each year in the playoffs. The other two districts are jokes should have moved CA or RL into the DMA district IMO to spread it out - DMA and Howard will win most years.
I pretty much agree. Lots of travel for the teams in that district if they have to play each other every year, especially RL and CA!

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...tes-coaches-sound-off-new-classes/6727296002/

If you are a subscriber to TNJ you can read the comments of both Coach Bell of Woodbridge and Coach Tattersall of Friends on the realignment. Coach Bell is thrilled that Howard is in 2A with his team. I respect the hell out of Coach Tatt. I am unsure if he is more concerned about Howard being in 2A or really feels that strongly that Friends and Tower Hill should be in 1A. Coach Ritt is not quoted in the article. Coach DiNardo is quoted in the article as supporting realignment. He does make a comment about hoping to play teams from the 3A South.

I am fine with how things turned out but know that an 11 team 3A will be difficult to schedule. I hope they just have everybody play each other....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT