ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for the Cape vs Smyrna match?

Hmm
Thinking blowout by smyrna though last year cape upset them
CH favored at maybe 126 152 160 or 170 and 195
Smyrna 106 113 120 132 138 145 182 220 and hwt
Would have to be a few upsets

Whole match deserves an asterisks. Piss poor officiating. Not saying the outcome would have been different, but it could have been a lot closer

Jenkins v Bender is definitely an exciting match to look forward to in February
I think tonight match goes into overtime without those ridiculous stall calls(in my opinion). I don’t want to get into reffing because I’m not a ref and I don’t know if I could do better, but I feel like the reffing situation wasn’t the greatest tonight.

I think tonight match goes into overtime without those ridiculous stall calls(in my opinion). I don’t want to get into reffing because I’m not a ref and I don’t know if I could do better, but I feel like the reffing situation wasn’t the greatest tonight.
I agree I don’t think a stall call should’ve been the deciding factor of that match. Bender, only a freshman is testing a lot of these older guys

What call did you disagree with ? The first or second

Last edited:
I can tell you that if the offensive wrestler drops to a low leg and doesn’t improve after 5-10 seconds max he’s getting hit every time. Kid wrestled a tough match but I didn’t see anything that the official did to change the outcome anywhere.

Agree. First call was pretty straightforward also. If you back out and don't circle in on edge its stalling. Good match though. 2 tough kids that are pretty even

The ref did a great job on the match no excuses needed. If you back straight off the mat and fail to circle in it's a stall. If you get in on a leg and make absolutely no try for advancement and just hanging on it's a stall. I didn't have a dog in the fight just sharing what I think.
One more thing I do agree with anyone that sleeps on freshman luke bender might just end up in the consolation brackets I've now watched him push will carl, Jenkins and wiz to the brink. I think if the kid builds more confidence and gets more on his offense things might just go the other way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT