3. Dover
4. Sanford
5. Concord
6. Delcastle
7. St e
8. Appo
9. Sals
10. Smyrna/ Cape

New to this board so any help is appreciated.

Pretty consistent view of St. G. Who do they have?
I know Sallies lost DD but I thought they had some solid new players. Surprised to see them so low/out of top 10.
Big difference of opinion on Sanford. I know they lost Ayala so isn't that a big blow?

1)Mount Pleasant(By A lot)
2)Dover
3)St Georges
4)Sanford
5)Smyrna
6)Appo
7) Delcastle
8)StE
9)Sallies
10)AI

Last edited:
1. Mount
2. Dover
3. St. George's
4. Sanford
5. Smyrna
6. Appo
7. William Penn
8. Delcastle
9. Concord
10. St. E

Last edited:
Sallies is the most dangerous team out the bunch especially going forward cannot gauge how good they are now because they won't put all their horses on the court at the same time in the fall league. The parent coaching supresses the younger kids talent to promote his kid who is a PG. Poor usage of Paul, Ingraham, Famir, Duncan, & Trevon. When Haley starts coaching & Daddy ball ends I would not be surprised if this team doesn't deliver major beat downs especially when whattesley joins them to add toughness to front line

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense to me as I have seen the partial squad a few times and heard about some of the freshman. My big question with them is the guard play.I have them in my top 5 as follows:

St. G
Dover
Sallies
Mount
Sanford

Got it. I have not seen Fahmir play but if he is as good as you say they could be very tough to stop. I have seen parts of Sanford play and they look ok but have not seen them as a unit as this point.

Fahmir will help sallies a lot this year. He has the same killer instinct Donte has. The quicker sallies freshman develop that instinct the quicker sallies will start playing to their potential. Also don't forget Paul's little brother jack about 6ft4 6ft5 and can handle and shoot the ball.

Can we pump the brakes a little bit on the Sallies freshmen? I went to the Fall League game yesterday to check out "two of the best freshmen guards in the country". From what I saw that is WAY overstated. The Fahmir kid you all are talking about did not make a shot, turned it over a handful of times, and fouled out playing just half of a running clock game. I expected to see a serious physical body with all I was reading. He's not big enough or fast enough yet to be the guy you guys are talking about. It might happen eventually, but slow it down! The other kid looks physically ready to help right away. He struggled a bit, but his speed and his skill set were impressive. The younger Brown doesn't have the body yet either. He couldn't guard anyone on the floor yesterday. Now the serious body is the big boy inside! He looks like he's going to be special. Don't mean to hate on the other kids, it just bothers me when guys start over-hyping people to push an agenda or something. It just puts unnecessary pressure on the kids. Let them develop and stop trying to rush them!

High school Boys top ten rankings

The Story lines for this year: I don’t know where to start. There is so much that has happened since Sallies, in my eyes, was crowned as state champions last year. I know I went to a couple of their games last year and in my eye they didn’t look like a team that could win it. but low and behold they are crowned stated champions. What a difference aa couple of months make. Well here are my thought for pre-season: Sallies comes back with possibly the best freshman class in the state. Along with a solid freshman class from last year. They have 2 highly taunted point guards who should see time early. Since my last posting the jury is still out on how effective they will be. I know some of the detractors would say that they are a little raw and make turnovers in the fall league. But I will say coaching, discipline, patience, and style of play once the season starts should cut those down and they should look like pretty good. Not sure if we will see both on the floor at the same time. Mount pleasant looks to be this year’s pre-season state champions. They have some key additions that will help them make what could be an easy run on paper. As always chemistry could play a big part in how they do this year. As the carousel of players continues to move around among the schools some of the schools look to have lost out with all the changes. Howard high school looked like a team that was building for the future as they we losing a lot of talent to graduation. But what has happened since the end of the season will be hard for them to compete this year in the top ten where they would have been. Key players has transferred, and a change in the coaching ranks. Although they have solid freshman coming there still going to fight an uphill battle to make the tournament by season end. Another school that suffered a hit was St. Elizabeth where they had a great cast of players but they may have lost one of their player who has transferred out of the state. But the school that probably took the biggest hit could be Sanford with the early exit of Eric Ayala. He will surely be missed but they have a highly taunted 8th grader who could fill in the void along with a great supporting cast that also help with the slack of what they lost.

Here is my updated look on the pre-season top ten:

1 Mount pleasant- They have key additions that have moved them ahead of the pack. If the coach can get them firing on all cylinders they will be hard pressed to beat.

2 Concord- I had them lower on my previous rankings but with all the transfers that has happened they seem to be the only team not being heard about. And Coach Flowers likes it that way.

3 Sanford- Erics Ayala is gone, but they still have enough talent to compete for the state championship. Mike Dixon’s new running is filling in nicely.

4 Smyrna- Team play and them running the table down state will have the back in the play-off hunt.

5 Appo- They have size, athleticism, and Miles Cale

6 St. Georges- There go to player Lamar Hamrick looks to get this team on his back early as the season starts for his last year.

7 Sallies- The youth movement has begun. Solid freshman class year that contributed to a state chip. They have a great freshman class this year. How quickly they learn the system will depend on how they will do.

8 Polytech- It will be hard to keep them out of the top 10 after the play they had last year.

9 Dover- There defensive pressure has been a new mindset since last year. And they love to get into transition.

10 St. Thomas more- They have some key pieces that transferred in that should help them. They was a solid team on the rise. But the transfers they have they will compete. And the scary thing is they did it on the girls side as well. They are my surprise team this year

Who could be in the top ten:

Delcastle, Hodgson, and St. Marks

Teams that dropped out of top ten:

Howard, St. E’s, and William Penn

On the rise:

Caravel, Newark, Conrad, DMA

Last edited:
My dark horse team for this year! Milford they should win the south and if they play as a team They have a chance to upset Smyrna or Dover for the henlopen championship. They are loaded with upperclassmen and one of the best scores in the state Nesmith I believe he will make all-state by the end of year. Great guard play Kravitz and Murray also two of the best shooters in the state Martinez and Coleman.

Polytech- Lost 2 D1 and a D2 player. Not sure if they contend this year
Smyrna- belongs in the top 10 - Worthy is a player
Milford- should win the south easily (not a team in the south will come close to them..weak division competition)
St. Thomas Moore- Although they have some talent now will struggle against teams outside of the Delmarva Christians...etc...etc.
Dover- Is the best team downstate and should make a deep tourney run--Jordan Allen is the best shooter/Scorer in the state... (Rider University). Dover has size and good guard play.

Top 10

1. Mount
2. St. Georges
3. Dover
4. Appo
5. Sanford
6. Sallies
7. St. E
8. HVT
9.Delcastle
10.Smyrna
10t. Milford

Truth
They will develop and improve, rapidly! Will take 10 games or so. The freshman conversation is fun because we are seeing kids in higher numbers that are focusing and working hard on game of basketball. This is a great trend for Delaware! Im sure 10 years ago no one would have ever mentioned freshman in a preseason conversation or how they 'may' impact a Varsity program. To be fair, yes Fahmir had foul trouble, turnovers were a result of trying to do too much, quality coaching can mend that. I think the modern day League demonstrates that size is not a necessity at the pg position. The 'other kid' was trying to play without any set offense, coaching will again fix that. Good pgs excel when they are within a system. The younger Brown size is a bit underdeveloped, but dont think he will be asked to play in the paint. Thought his defense was pretty decent, not sure if he was scored on, his length, quickness, and effort was disruptive in the back court. I saw him pin a kids shot and strip the ball from Mikey...On a whole the 3 freshman that started the game kept Sanfords score to a minimum and their defense was solid.
Truth
They will develop and improve, rapidly! Will take 10 games or so. The freshman conversation is fun because we are seeing kids in higher numbers that are focusing and working hard on game of basketball. This is a great trend for Delaware! Im sure 10 years ago no one would have ever mentioned freshman in a preseason conversation or how they 'may' impact a Varsity program. To be fair, yes Fahmir had foul trouble, turnovers were a result of trying to do too much, quality coaching can mend that. I think the modern day League demonstrates that size is not a necessity at the pg position. The 'other kid' was trying to play without any set offense, coaching will again fix that. Good pgs excel when they are within a system. The younger Brown size is a bit underdeveloped, but dont think he will be asked to play in the paint. Thought his defense was pretty decent, not sure if he was scored on, his length, quickness, and effort was disruptive in the back court. I saw him pin a kids shot and strip the ball from Mikey...On a whole the 3 freshman that started the game kept Sanfords score to a minimum and their defense was solid.

I've watched the entire season of Fall League. And I personally can say this whole thread of conversation about certain teams that will be 1-10. Is crap honestly the state doesn't have any team that can claim there number 1 etc as follows. Some of the best caught moments in fall league was coming from a team that I don't even want to commend.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
I've watched the entire season of Fall League. And I personally can say this whole thread of conversation about certain teams that will be 1-10. Is crap honestly the state doesn't have any team that can claim there number 1 etc as follows. Some of the best caught moments in fall league was coming from a team that I don't even want to commend. But facts the state this year is up to who wan

Just looked at Mounts roster and does not look like many players returned from last years team. Even though they should be loaded with returning players.

Saw that as well old timer. Was surprised when I saw Raheim Burnett was not on the roster. Not sure if it was due to football or if they are not playing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT