ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies MT game

Can’t disclose much info…..but a party of two was tailgating in their foldable chairs. Another car lost control as they were backing up and ran the couple over. That’s the only info I can share at the moment

with that said. Prayers to all involved; the couple and the driver.

It happened right in front of me, so of course exfirefighter Rob kicked in but witnessing it happen still has me shook up!!

at this point, it’s not about football but more so about safety and health. I agree they made the right decision to postpone the game, cause NO ONE was in the right mindset after that.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
It happened right in front of me, so of course exfirefighter Rob kicked in but witnessing it happen still has me shook up!!

at this point, it’s not about football but more so about safety and health. I agree they made the right decision to postpone the game, cause NO ONE was in the right mindset after that.
Good for you helping out Rob, but sorry it happened at all. Terrible situatio.

The status is now "canceled." There could be several factors at play here. Lack of referees for an early game, bad weather later on. I guess they could try to schedule for Sunday or Monday if they really want to get this one in.

Dont thank me. So many more people did so much more than I did or wanted. It really brought two sides of the field together for one cause.

Monday was out of question. They didn’t wanna make both teams have a short week. Playing Monday and then turn around and play Friday.

Sunday was a high chance of not happening because of church, religions, etc. Saturday was the only option that I’m aware of…….i can only assume it’s because of ref shortage. If it’s not that, idk why it wouldn’t have happened.

the initial report was they were trying for 10:30 and they waited 1-2 hours for a final decision. Probably waiting for certain refs to get out of their games to see if they are willing to ref an extra game, and probably couldn’t get enough yes.

however that’s my personal opinion, so don’t hold me to that

Last edited:
I heard officials were not available until later on Saturday. Sallies stadium was not available Saturday night and they did not want to switch to mt so it was cancelled. Prayers for the injured.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Could have switched the venues if they really wanted to ...imo
Upon reflection, I wonder if they could have played at Abessinio on Saturday night? Playing last night, even if they could have moved the game, would have looked like FB was given a priority over the tragic event.

Looking forward, maybe they will meet in the playoffs and of course there is next years game at Middletown.

Thanks for the reports, HS.

Upon reflection, I wonder if they could have played at Abessinio on Saturday night? Playing last night, even if they could have moved the game, would have looked like FB was given a priority over the tragic event.

Looking forward, maybe they will meet in the playoffs and of course there is next years game at Middletown.

Thanks for the reports, HS.
Looks like they have a soccer game there today and some kind of band thing later this afternoon

Sunday afternoon looks wide open according to the Abessinio schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT