ADVERTISEMENT

Sat finals

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Tatnall wins 1A

CA and Archmere 0-0 after 1

CA sloppy and bad mental penalties. Arch disciplined as always.

CA score came on 52yd td run by C Miller on FB trap play.

CA drives to 1st and goal on Arch 10 right before half but QB throws ball right to AM defender on 3rd and goal negating an easy FG attempt to end half. Ughh.

Arch has done a great job stopping CA run game. IMO CA splits too wide for I formation and Arch shooting gaps catching HB behind the FB from the side angle rendering FB ineffective sans a couple plays. CA qb has to settle down and be better 2nd half.

Whatever halftime adjustments CA made paid off. Two plays JMiller TD run. CA 14 Arch 0. 1123 3rd

Archmere grinds one out sparked by that Whitmire kid. Kid is a grinder. Love it

CA 21 Arch 7

Caravel with an early 80's impression of Big 8 ball just road grading from the I. They have a rozier and fryer. Just missing a gill other wise they would be a 3A threat

Was at all three games. HOLY SMOKES the Caravel D-Line looked like they would toss around the UD offense. #14 was a man amongst boys

Auks did all they could, but it was 88 and out the gate in the second half for Caravel

Caravel is the best team regardless of division.
I agree. Would of loved to see them against Sallies this year. Just as big upfront with much better skill players. However, play calling and scheme advantage would go to Sallies and thats putting it lightly.

To quote Nick Saban, Caravel would run through them like s... through a tin horn. Sallies gave up big points to bad teams all season and got lucky Smyrna coaches cut off there noses to spite their faces (sticking with things not working because they just won't change their minds). Caravel's defense would be up for the challenge of the one trick pony offense. Caravel also learned a thing or two from last year's loss regarding not changing schemes. Caravel by 2 touchdowns....easy.

Reactions: trapblock22
I agree Caravel best team in state and they would beat Sallies
I don‘t agree or disagree because I haven’t seen enough of Caravel, but if DMA & Bonner were “fill in“ games last year for the Sals at the beginning of the season, maybe the Sals and Bucs can play next year. I have a friend who thinks the Sals were really good but believes it was a one off and the Sals will drop back next year. No discussion now…..but I see this gumbah today and will try to follow his logic. I will report back to this august body of scholars in a few hours in a separate thread.

To quote Nick Saban, Caravel would run through them like s... through a tin horn. Sallies gave up big points to bad teams all season and got lucky Smyrna coaches cut off there noses to spite their faces (sticking with things not working because they just won't change their minds). Caravel's defense would be up for the challenge of the one trick pony offense. Caravel also learned a thing or two from last year's loss regarding not changing schemes. Caravel by 2 touchdowns....easy.
It wasn't Smyrna's year...get over it.

I honestly can’t believe anyone who watched both Sallies & Caravel play in person would think Caravel would beat them. They’d give them a good game for the first half - no doubt.

They’re both good teams this year but Alleyne would put up 200 yards and 3 TDs alone against them.

"Caravel would beat Sallies easily and Sallies is a one trick pony"

The above comments are why this board is a joke.

You guys really aren't that stupid are you?

I don't really care for Sallies either but at least I can be objective. You guys seem to get a hard on by degrading them on here. Get over it.

I honestly can’t believe anyone who watched both Sallies & Caravel play in person would think Caravel would beat them. They’d give them a good game for the first half - no doubt.

They’re both good teams this year but Alleyne would put up 200 yards and 3 TDs alone against them.
You weren't being honest about watching Caravel play if you believe that to be true. If Archmere was able to shut him down every single time they played (2x in 2021-22 and once in 2022-23), why wouldn't Caravel lol.

As far as I know there are two websites that put out power ratings on Delaware high school football teams. Matt Kalin the mount pleasant alum and Calpreps does it nationally. One site says caravel is an 8pt favorite and one site makes Sallies a 6 pt favorite. I believe Catavel would win, not sure about easily, but don’t act like it is not possible or maybe even probable They matchup size and speed wise, that’s for sure.

It's close but Caravel's much weaker SOS gives Sals the edge.. 25.5 vs 11.4

#SchoolOvr.RatingStr.+/-
1Salesianum (Wilmington)12-148.7025.8--
2Caravel (Bear)13-042.4011.4--
3Middletown8-438.0028.7--
4Cape Henlopen (Lewes)9-430.7020.8--
5Dover9-230.1018.3--
6Hodgson Vo-Tech (Newark)7-429.6025.8--
7Smyrna4-725.3029.6+1
8Archmere Academy (Claymont)9-424.7012.2-1
9Sussex Central (Georgetown)8-420.6017.5--
10Howard (Wilmington)7-419.6015.8-

aravel
Conf2A-3
Rank1
Rating93.89
O/U41.93
Wins11
Losses0
SOS58.01
Poll.Index1
Salesianum
Conf3A-1
Rank2
Rating85.9
O/U51.68
Wins10
Losses2
SOS70.49
other site has carvel #1 Sallies #2 so let’s maybe agree it would be a great game

aravel
Conf2A-3
Rank1
Rating93.89
O/U41.93
Wins11
Losses0
SOS58.01
Poll.Index1
Salesianum
Conf3A-1
Rank2
Rating85.9
O/U51.68
Wins10
Losses2
SOS70.49
other site has carvel #1 Sallies #2 so let’s maybe agree it would be a great game

That has CA at 11-0 and Sals 10-2 so it hasn't taken in account for the semi and final and somehow has Sals with 2 losses.. CA is 13-0 and Sals 12-1
something is amiss..lol

I was never implying it wouldn't be a great game just what the ranking are per Maxpreps.. Calpreps has it the same way as MaxPreps downloads the ratings from CP

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2023] Salesianum (Wilmington, DE) 28 (65%), [2023] Caravel (Bear, DE) 21 (35%)

Last edited:
the Sals defenders are out in force right now

Kqfp.gif

I would lean slightly towards Sallies due to them being just a little more battle tested, just saying of course. I like the odds that Caravel would beat MTown,Cape,Dover, Smyrna and Dover this year.

Not a fan of the "when in doubt let the computer figure it out". Sallies didn't play a team that was top to bottom solid like Caravel is all year. CA is just as big upfront with one way starters on the O and D line. Skill players are better and very gritty. Sallies also lost to Dover and should have lost to Smyrna. Caravel didnt play a close game all year but the computer said Sallies would win so lets go with that...

In 2010 Caravel beat Sallies who went on to win the D1 State championship (now considered division 3) and didnt even make the D2 playoffs. So im not trying to hear this SOS nonsense.

What is Division 3 in Delaware?

Delaware has Class 3A, Class 2A and Class 1A; there are Districts (divisions) within each Class

https://www.salliessports.com/game26924

Here is a recap of the game trap was talking about…it was in 2009. There was no really outstanding D1 program that year. CR, St. Marks, A.I. & the Sals were fairly equal. AI was undefeated going into the tournament. Sals won 2 close games in playoffs. Caravel was solid. Didn’t get in the D2 tourney because they lost to Red Lion in the last game of the year.

Caravel Red Lion Game.
https://www.salliessports.com/game26948

Last edited:
https://www.salliessports.com/game26924

Here is a recap of the game trap was talking about…it was in 2009. There was no really outstanding D1 program that year. CR, St. Marks, A.I. & the Sals were fairly equal. AI was undefeated going into the tournament. Sals won 2 close games in playoffs. Caravel was solid. Didn’t get in the D2 tourney because they lost to Red Lion in the last game of the year.
Is it possible that the top division was down once again? Or is that not possible?

Is it possible that the top division was down once again? Or is that not possible?
I think because that Middletown and Smyrna were "relatively" down this year, it may give us the impression that 3A was down. Having said that, Dover was great until the injuries. Cape was way up and Central was certainly competitive as usual.

The Sals (and let me shill for them for a minute) having beat Middletown twice and Smyrna twice get the nod from me. Now, here is something that we should consider: their games against MDT and SMY were all at home. Their toughest game (at Dover) was on the road and they lost. (I give you that the Smyrna playoff game was a virtual tie).

Next year the Sals will play Smyrna and Middletown on the road. Could be tough for the Big S.

One more sideways comment. I think it was weird that the Sals playoff competition was the opposite of what usually happens. Their toughest game was first, their second toughest game was second, but their easiest playoff game was last. All of those disjointed ideas may give one the impression that 3A was down.

.....and Caravel was an historically great team by any standard.

Not a fan of the "when in doubt let the computer figure it out". Sallies didn't play a team that was top to bottom solid like Caravel is all year. CA is just as big upfront with one way starters on the O and D line. Skill players are better and very gritty. Sallies also lost to Dover and should have lost to Smyrna. Caravel didnt play a close game all year but the computer said Sallies would win

You weren't being honest about watching Caravel play if you believe that to be true. If Archmere was able to shut him down every single time they played (2x in 2021-22 and once in 2022-23), why wouldn't Caravel lol.
You’re referencing Alleyne’s stats when was on an inferior DMA team playing out of position at QB? Come on man.

Caravel was a good team but if DMA held them to 16 points in the regular season, let’s not act like Sals defense couldn’t do the same.

Like I said, having seen both play live, it would be a good game - at least for the first half. But this year Alleyne just at RB with Sals line is a different kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT