ADVERTISEMENT

Sat finals

Speaking of Alleyne and his impact. The above was the Sals most important play of the year. If Alleyne doesn’t make that play the Sals chances of losing to MDT are real good. In a conversation with a true blue Sals cult member earlier in the week, he made the statement that Alleyne is in the top 10-15 Salesianum FB players of all time.

Reactions: 84rider
Well; he is the best since Kilpatrick. Big and fast but every team is built around a player like that. I will tell you this team frequently played from behind all season and it never seemed to phase them. Previous editions would try to throw the ball and hope for a miracle.

You’re referencing Alleyne’s stats when was on an inferior DMA team playing out of position at QB? Come on man.

Caravel was a good team but if DMA held them to 16 points in the regular season, let’s not act like Sals defense couldn’t do the same.

Like I said, having seen both play live, it would be a good game - at least for the first half. But this year Alleyne just at RB with Sals line is a different kid.
Inferior??? The same team who blew the doors off of Bonner, a two win PA playoff team. The same team that would have beaten Sallies during that time frame. Also, Alleyne wasnt sitting in the pocket throwing the ball like a traditional QB. Heavy doses of read option, QB power and wildcat.

Lastly, you saying that they could only play with them for a half is telling that you didn't watch Caravel play this year or you are just delusional. Caravel was just as deep as Sallies upfront with mostly all one-way players on the O and D line. Implying that they are not physically capable of playing with Sallies is just a crazy statement.

You Sallies homers crack me up

I’m aware he wasn’t a traditional QB in his years away from Sallies, but trying to equate performance as a RB in two different usages is laughable and does no justice to him.

I’m far from a Sallies homer… I just have an objective opinion that happens to differ from yours. I watched a couple games of both teams and agree they’re both good teams. I’m just not sold they “walk” Sallies like some of the Buccaneer faithful would like to have you believe. I just think in the end, Sallies win… on Alleyne’s back.

Reactions: 84rider
I’m aware he wasn’t a traditional QB in his years away from Sallies, but trying to equate performance as a RB in two different usages is laughable and does no justice to him.

I’m far from a Sallies homer… I just have an objective opinion that happens to differ from yours. I watched a couple games of both teams and agree they’re both good teams. I’m just not sold they “walk” Sallies like some of the Buccaneer faithful would like to have you believe. I just think in the end, Sallies win… on Alleyne’s back.
I appreciate that and Alleyne is a good player. I just disagree with the result of the game.

My grandson was enthralled with these kinds of books when he was 6. Maybe we could put out a series of these like the 2012 Middletown Cavs vs. 1968 Newark Yellowjackets or the 2023 Caravel Bucs vs. the 2023 Sals. The 15 or so diehards here would an ideal target.

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22
Not to beat a dead horse but……I just watched parts the Dover - Sals in September… Dover was unreal.. That was the most dominant performance between good 3A teams I saw all year. Who all did Dover lose due to injuries?

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse but……I just watched parts the Dover - Sals in September… Dover was unreal.. That was the most dominant performance between good 3A teams I saw all year. Who all did Dover lose due to injuries?
Kilby….the kicker and 2 OL due to the accident and a few others to grades.

As the Hens have 20 more schollies as they are moving up in class, maybe they should give the young man a higher value. What am I missing, dove?

In an era where a player can transfer between schools N number of times, it seems wasteful to recruit a kid and then have them bolt for greener pastures. Much cheaper to fish for transfers. It sucks but Kilby won't be the first PWO who worked their way into a full scholie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT