ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Scores Week 3

STM opts not to kick FG and goes for it. Newark gets the stop but PI called.. STM with another chance and gets stuffed. Newark ball with a chance to win with any score

newark scores in 2 plays running it 2pt pat no good.. Newark must not have a kicking game

kick is good St Marks wins 21-20 in double OT

Tough loss for Newark but certainly a confidence builder going forward.. Special teams and most importantly not having a kicking game makes it tough to win the close ones.

Sallies TD run should have been called back. You can't jump over the line like that in HS football. How do those officials not know that? It's a safety rule for goodness sakes

Meyers has video of the play on #delhs...
What rule says you cannot jump over a player laying on the ground?

What rule says you cannot jump over a player laying on the ground?
you can jump over a player on the ground but you can't just jump over the goal line like that. There were multiple players not on the ground. NFHS rule book defines on the ground as anything other than the players 2 feet touching the ground but you also can't dive over the goal line pile. I don't think that's even allowed in college..

another view

Went back and checked thread from beginning of the year: if I counted right, Newark has been to 15 championship games, won 9. Nothing as of late. The school is an academic wasteland that used to be top notch and in a district that needs to be napalmed down to the ground and rebuilt. They were a contender every year for a solid 25 years to win a DI championship. They barely exist in D2 now. Not even sure how they have warranted articles in the NJ. Go to the soccer team and find a benchwarmer and see if he can kick in his off time. It's just not that hard.

Went back and checked thread from beginning of the year: if I counted right, Newark has been to 15 championship games, won 9. Nothing as of late. The school is an academic wasteland that used to be top notch and in a district that needs to be napalmed down to the ground and rebuilt. They were a contender every year for a solid 25 years to win a DI championship. They barely exist in D2 now. Not even sure how they have warranted articles in the NJ. Go to the soccer team and find a benchwarmer and see if he can kick in his off time. It's just not that hard.
Newark played well today. I'm sure it helps when your son plays for the opposing team. Lol

Reactions: fanoffootball123
you sure? I thought “iso sky” was in every college playbook?

After further review it is legal to dive or jump over your own lineman. The jumping (hurdling) rule is an attempt to jump feat or knees first over a defender that is not on the ground. It would be a judgement call in the videos I posted above but to me it doesn't appear he is hurdling the line but more so diving over the pile so to me it's probably not a foul but I could see where a ref might blow it dead for "jumping". I never thought the diving over the pile on the goal line was legal but maybe that was just a coach telling us not to do it for our own safety and less chance of fumbling or something bad happening.

St.Mark’s players were still suspended today. They were again missing some key pieces

Same players were missing last week when they put the clock on WB correct? Same WB that just beat Tech 35-7. I think we can give Newark some credit on this one. Not saying you were trying to discredit their performance at all just adding that tid bit to the conversation

Reactions: Huskerman7
Howard 12 Archmere 7 no game time given.

Howard another team that will stumble because they cant convert extra points.

after a fumble recovery Howard connects on 25yd td pass Howard 32 Archmere 14 6:17 3rd

Howard scored previously on a pick 6 +2 pt conversion to take a 26-14 lead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT