ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages 8-29-19

Sals and Central first stringers basically held each other to one TD. The Sals QB was injured and taken away in ambulance with an apparent right leg injury. That is a real bummer for a young man who probably has been looking forward to leading this team as a senior. I hope he is OK but it didn't look too good.

Both teams need a lot of work.

Sals and Central first stringers basically held each other to one TD. The Sals QB was injured and taken away in ambulance with an apparent right leg injury. That is a real bummer for a young man who probably has been looking forward to leading this team as a senior. I hope he is OK but it didn't look too good.

Both teams need a lot of work.
If they were a passing team , it is worrisome. But no concern since all they use the position for is mainly to hand off and sprint 30 yards to the sideline every down.

It looked like they were passing the ball a good amount.

QB was hurt on passing play. Could not find open receiver and took off. Got hit as he was headed out of bounds. Once again, feel horrible for the QB. I believe it was #15 but no uni numbers.

dove has a point. BDN is run first and foremost. More thoughts later. I am sure we will get an injury report. Firetruck keep us posted.

QB was hurt on passing play. Could not find open receiver and took off. Got hit as he was headed out of bounds. Once again, feel horrible for the QB. I believe it was #15 but no uni numbers.

dove has a point. BDN is run first and foremost. More thoughts later. I am sure we will get an injury report. Firetruck keep us posted.
Uncle Bummy, 15 is the starter's number, Puzingara. They do have Mooney as backup and he quarterbacked the freshman to an undefeated season two years ago. Situation reminds me of how Zach Gwynn came to start. He had a pretty good career although I think his talents were hugely underutilized.

Gwynn was the most athletic Sallies quarterback I've seen in recent memory. Maybe Elena's older brother Gene compares, but that's about it. I would've run an RPO offense with Gwynn until the wheels fell off.

Still, this is a big blow for Sallies, but with that defense, they'll still be in the hunt. Might have to scale back my 13-0 prediction, however.

Delmar looked good in their scrimmage against Bennett (Salisbury, MD) yesterday. Delmar's first string offense scored multiple times against Bennett's first string defense while Bennett's first string offense didn't score at all against Delmar's first string defense and had trouble moving the ball at all. Second strings were closer, although Delmar's second string offense scored multiple times while Bennett's second string offense only scored once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chill44
The scrimmage was pretty much game like conditions with no kickoffs. Also, there wasn't rushing on field goal or extra point attempts.

I am heartsick about the QB getting hurt. I have heard no official prognosis.
After the injury, the Big S was shaken and was flat until they regrouped at half time.

This is going to be a nice team even with the back up QB.

The Archmere transfer played. Not a starter but he will fit in the mix well with defense, He has a nice motor and is an exuberant kid. Warren Zevon would say he was an excitable boy.

The Big S will face a big challenge in Wm Penn Friday night.

The kicker is fine. The center and the PK holder have to do their job to take advantage of his talents. The Big S guys had no numbers so unless I recognized a kid from last year I missed new kids. (There was a kid with red shoes I didn't recognize. Maybe he is one of the beach boys?)

controllled, pickle has been using the age topic since Troy Reeder. Sometimes, it is better to let sleeping dogs lie (No pun intended).
Somehow it got cranked up again with the kid transferring from Archmere.

I’ve had picklesh!t blocked for a long time, not sure what she said but probably some plain old regular all day everyday bs

Last edited:
Reactions: Firetruck445
What’s sad about making jokes related to kids being held back for the sole purpose of giving them a competitive advantage? That makes you sad? Can I help? If I could I’d nurse you my little baby

It’s sad because you don’t know the purpose of the hold back. Your assuming. Hold backs happen for a variety of reasons and happen at any grade level. Whether it be in grade schools or middle school. Academic, going from public to private for acclimation Hell the millennials feel it’s prudent for kids born between sept to dec to wait a year to start kindergarten. You know you used to have to have turned 5 before the first day of school. Now you can start if you turn 5 before the end of the year. I was one of those kids with an October birthday that had to wait a year to start. Point being some folk feel it’s better to wait. Has nothing to do with sports at 5 years old but maturity. It’s more advantage to a kid being an older kid in their class than a younger.

"It’s more advantage to a kid being an older kid in their class than a younger."

Spot on my friend. I started school at 5-1/2 half and I was almost always the smallest kid in my class for 8 years, even most of the girls were bigger than I was. In high school, once testosterone kicked in, I did catch up a bit. Funny thing is now when I meet up with some of my former classmates I find that I am bigger and taller than they are now.

It’s true a January baby is almost 6 when they a start school. A December baby is 4 and 3 quarters. What is kinda unfair is a sept-dec kid can hold back twice if they start when 4 the others can’t ( athletically eligible speaking). Well in Delaware it’s June 15-Dec as the masjid bdays that can re class twice can

Anyone have an update on the extent of the QB's injury? Ches?

Yes, this beyond sucks for the young man and his family. I was sitting next to top at the scrimmage and we both knew it was bad. I had a hard time concentrating on the scrimmage after that. Best of luck for a full recovery to the young man. We are going to miss that senior leadership on the field.

The back-up will get it done. He reminds me of Magee from '93.

Last edited:
Yes, this beyond sucks for the young man and his family. I was sitting next to top and we both knew it was bad. I had a hard time concentrating on the scrimmage after that. Best of luck for a full recovery to the young man. We are going to miss that senior leadership on the field.

The back up will get it done. He reminds me of Magee from '93.
Feel bad for the kid. I think he had a brother who played center about 5 years ago. Tough kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT