ADVERTISEMENT

Time to talk some lacrosse

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Who do we have this year? Sals? Cape?

1) Salesianum - this team lost some serious offense but has plenty of talent to reload. All some what irrelevant when you have Taylor in net, and 3 of the top 4 FOGO in the state and the best D in the state - probably 3 all state at least on D.

2) Cape - until some one proves otherwise think it has to be Cape. Lost some great offense but plenty return and added a ton of SAS transfers to shore up the D. Heard a rumor the goalie is hurt dont know if true. FOGO, LSM, some nice D, Schell, Burton, etc. Good team.

After that it’s probably a toss up. Who else? Archmere, CR, Appo, Friends?

Last edited:
Seems about right. I would throw DMA in at two and knock everybody else down one, but thats just me knitpicking. I will say this, Delaware lacrosse as a whole is a shell of what it used to be. Sure, Sals is probably better than what it used to be; Cape is Cape, they'll always be solid; but what about the other teams? CR, Archmere, and Tower Hill used to consistently compete, but now they're just warmup games for Cape and Sals before they get to the championship. To find good competition teams have to look out of state which is ridiculous. I miss the days of Landon Hajek tearing up the state, man what a player. Anyways, I'm just a washed up old-timer reminiscing. 1ove

Reactions: 84rider
Who do we have this year? Sals? Cape?

Who are the best players?

For fun my take at a way too early top 6 and all state:

1) Salesianum - this team lost some serious offense but has plenty of talent to reload, pillaged Sanford and added a Canadian. All some what irrelevant when you have Taylor in net, and 3 of the top 4 FOGO in the state and the best D in the state - probably 3 all state at least on D.

2) Cape - until some one proves otherwise think it has to be Cape. Lost some great offense but plenty return and added a ton of SAS transfers to shore up the D. Heard a rumor the goalie is hurt dont know if true. FOGO, LSM, some nice D, Schell, Burton, etc. Good team.

3) Archmere - Burke, Duncan, Kupiec, Scibello, Mahoney, O'Neill, Fenice. Can push for the #2 spot and right to play Sals in championship. D lost a lot will need to overcome that.

4T) CR - loaded sophomore class is a year older and will continue to get better. Craig, Briggs, Parker Smith, etc.

4T) Appo - ties with CR both good young teams with big sophmore classes. Appo also has Groves probably 2nd best D player in state, Townes, Newman, Potts, David, etc. Good team maybe 2nd or 3rd best D in the state returning every single D player. Replacing G and offense needs to come together.

5) Friends - Jackson Redd, Toogood, good young D core all comes back.

6) Middletown - returns pretty much the entire team and will be SR heavy, hear G got hurt but team will be good this year.

Teams that will be competing for top 10 but lost a lot include:
TH lost Gauver and Hickey. But return Cobb and a lot of D.
SA lost their entire offense were SR heavy last year but have the FOGO back.
Tatnall seems to be getting better but not sure they can compete
Caravel lost a ton and have no D but do have Duarte and almost the entire offense back
DMA lost multiple trsnfers and SR almost the entire offense and 2-3 of the D.
Sanford lost a ton - 3 Sals transfers, top scorer in the state and another Lucky brother.

Two surprise teams IMO are ST Mars and Milford but VERY young but loaded with talent. Watch one or both of these two sneak into the playoffs.

Best players:
A - Nurry, Duncan, Friend, Kupiec, Redd, Craig, Burton, Duarte
M - Metz, Fenice, Schell. A bit crazy not a single all state middie back other than Schell?
D - Celluci, Groves, Gormley, Burke
LSM - Wolak, Leonhart (LSM/D), Korb
FOGO - Riley, Cunningham and Frichtman
G - Taylor

Should be a great year, saw some real interesting OOS game like Sals vs St Marys and Cape vs Episcopal. Will be fun to watch.
Groves will be interesting….he needs a 5th year waiver to play. I think it’s being heard in this weeks DIAA meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT