ADVERTISEMENT

Cape v Sallies

Dec 9, 2019
Sallies 10 Cape 6
Was at the game last night, Sals jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the first quarter and kind of rode that the entire game. Was impressed by Cape's defense to be honest, they struggled to clear and Sals probably had double the time of possession. Sallies goalie played great and I think that rattled Cape from the start. If Cape makes some of their 1 on 1 chances that game could have been a lot closer. Im excited to see them meet again in June because on a different day if they convert some of their chances and clear better it should be a much better game. I don't think Sallies played particularly well either, I heard they lost an attackman or two to injury. Looking forward to the rematch.

Was waiting for this thread to start.

When you take a look at the box score, the game gets a lot more interesting.

5-1 Sals in the first quarter. They came out swinging and the game was decided then and there. However, outside of Q1, it's a tie game 5-5. Cape has had a thing for slow starts since 2021 and can never quite build a lead -- missing key chances and 1-on-1's in Q1 ruined them. On top of that, Cape's 6 goals were all scored by different players.

Sals senior Chase Black stepped up while other Sallies players didn't seem to carry their weight. Lots of big mistakes that got bailed out by Cape offense mistakes.

All in all, it seems like the best players on the field were the goalies. Looking forward to these teams seeing each other in the post-season.

I was at the game and was impressed by Sallies defense overall including its sophomore goalie Cam Taylor. Chase Celluci is arguably the best defender to come out of Delaware since Nick Redd. Their aggression on defense allowed for several extra possessions for its offense. Capes offense never got a rhythm and was bailed out by questionable calls by the refs. A couple late goals allowed the score to be closer than it should.

Should be an interesting rematch, Cape getting better each game and unfortunately the Sals are bangs up.

Though looking at the numbers the crappy part is they might face each other prior to the championship game, hasn't happened in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT