ADVERTISEMENT

Top defenses in D2

1: Delmar, them shutting down Milford which was unexpected, showed that they have some grit and they have the size and speed to be great.
2: Milford, other than that let down against Delmar and lack of special teams against DMA hurt, but their defense is stellar and they swarm to the ball.
3: Friends, defense has forced at least 1 turnover a game and there opponents average score 4.34 points or so
4: Caravel, has size speed and great coaching and are very capable unfortunately they won't make the playoffs
5: Woodbridge, has speed and although they don't have vessels they are still fast and still play very solid defense
Honorable Mention DMA they have size and some speed but they seem lazy from the stands and occasionally let inferior teams drive but they don't always score

Last edited:
Reactions: ravensrooster2
GPOA Saint. I concur except I think CA is top 3. Not because they have some players but DC JT Laws is no joke. Rising star in DE coaching if he chooses that route. He is young and has a career to think about but if the time allows and he wants to do it he will be a successful HS HC someday

Last edited:
I'm going with IR/Laurel in a tie, that new Swiss cheese defense is tight. Also, early prediction, Laurel Losses to Seaford for the first time in 20 years...35-28

Delmar
Friends
Milford
Woodbridge

Have not seen caravel play Delmar also has the number one offense. That translates to them playing backups as soon as middle of third so some of those points allowed are in Garbage time with freshmen playing. Friends is number two Woodbridge just matches up well with them. I was at that game. Friends Is the closes I seen to Delmars D. Milford I was not impressed with. I could easily put Woodbridge above them but since they beat Woodbridge I can’t. When your safety Bowman is makeing most of the tackles it’s suspect.

Delmar is going to win D2 but it will be with an asterix. Caravel may be beter.

Not blaming .Delmar at all but Diaa when they went to 8 teams for D2 they brought the autobid more into play autobid has to go

Last edited:
And how does lake forest score 60 points on Laurel? Laurels D should definitely be better. They are huge up front and have speed. They may need a change of philosophy on D.

Not blaming .Delmar at all but Diaa when they went to 8 teams for D2 they brought the autobid more into play autobid has to go
Never got to see them in person this year. Do they have any big time players that could play at the next level? Or is it a classic sold highschool team D with good coaching?

Surely that is not the only problem with the present system.

RR with an asterisk, ouch you slapped me in the face. Ifs and buts, candy and nuts, we would have a helluva party.

Is what is. Hang the banner. History won’t know I will but who cares 5 years from now it will be Delmars 7th D2 state championship * Delmar may not have been the best team in D2! but knowone will ever know

Is what is. Hang the banner. History won’t know I will but who cares 5 years from now it will be Delmars 7th D2 state championship * Delmar may not have been the best team in D2! but knowone will ever know
They have to play the game they are not even in yet. Anything can happen

Saw Caravel vs SC. I didn't think this Caravel team looked as good as last year's and that team didn't even get to the final, but perhaps that wasn't their best outing? While I agree some things need to be improved on regarding playoffs, conferences have a value and the conference champ deserves an autobid. JMHO....

Conference champs deserve a banner. Why do they deserve an auto-bid to states? No other state gives out auto-bids to conference winners. Point in to get in

I think they do because you're locked into conference games so shouldn't be penalized if those teams suck. Also, if other changes were made to reward teams for trying to play other good teams, knowing you had the autobid should be further incentive to play good out of conference teams.

I see the point but teams not in those two conferences should have the same advantages if the state was just two conferences then yeah. It’s not and it’s why no other state gives auto-bids to conferences. If you have a point system then that and only that should determine who gets in.

I see the point but teams not in those two conferences should have the same advantages if the state was just two conferences then yeah. It’s not and it’s why no other state gives auto-bids to conferences. If you have a point system then that and only that should determine who gets in.
No system is perfect. MD uses a point system but takes top 4 in each region based on points. This year there are teams with 65 points in one region that got in the tourney because there were 4th. While 80 points only got you to 5th in other regions and missing the playoffs. Conference or regional games matter in all states even with a point system. Old Mill in 4a Md this year has 85 points and is 7-3 Wooten has 65 points and is 6-4 . Wooten is in old mill out. And Old mill would best Wooten 20 out of 20 times

Good points prep but md has 64 teams make the show. De has 14. Giving 4 of them autobids. I just think the autobids for winning a 7 or 8 team conference is rediculous. On that point I think crowning a D1 state champion of 18 teams is silly as well. That is a regional or conference champion in most small states like Maryland but I get it It’s what they got

Debating the top defense in D2 is about as relevant as debating the best frozen hungry man dinner.

Yeah, they’re edible but so is shit

Spend a few extra bucks and get a real meal

Debating the top defense in D2 is about as relevant as debating the best frozen hungry man dinner.

Yeah, they’re edible but so is shit

Spend a few extra bucks and get a real meal
Because having more kids in a school means that there football teams and defense have to be better right ? Smh there as 1000s of cases that can prove this wrong across northeast highschool ball.

funny_horse_meat_hungry_man_seabicuit.jpg

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT