ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer?

Not sure how a public school has pulled off as many transfers as they have. Their basketball team is full of them too.

Not sure how a public school has pulled off as many transfers as they have. Their basketball team is full of them too.
W Penn had quite a few transfers the last few years as well.. the Watts kid from Howard a handful of ECA/Red Lion kids etc.. don't think they had any this year though to my knowledge actually lost one..

There are no more ECA transfers so things will settle back down to normal with the freshman incomers or the occasional soph transfers..

Last edited:

As far as I know smyrna has 2 transfers on the football team...1 of which is a difference maker.

They have a couple new kids on the basketball team from Kentucky but I doubt their parents moved the family 700 miles so they could play basketball at Smyrna....

As far as I know smyrna has 2 transfers on the football team...1 of which is a difference maker.

They have a couple new kids on the basketball team from Kentucky but I doubt their parents moved the family 700 miles so they could play basketball at Smyrna....

You never know. Basketball and Helen's Sausage, that's mighty tempting.

I think everyone knew it was a joke...I was responding because I've watched the kid since his pound ball days and the kid is a stud. And also how surprised I am to hear DE is school choice.

MooMoo? (SAUSAGE KINGS<queens>)?

According to our research of Delaware and other state lists there were 240 registered sex offenders living in Smyrna as of November 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Smyrna to the number of sex offenders is 45 to 1.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Smyrna-Delaware.html#ixzz4RWSSvuoX

According to our research of Delaware and other state lists there were 30 registered sex offenders living in Middletown as of November 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Middletown to the number of sex offenders is 649 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Middletown-Delaware.html#ixzz4RWaWv663

According to our research of Delaware and other state lists there were 240 registered sex offenders living in Smyrna as of November 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Smyrna to the number of sex offenders is 45 to 1.

According to our research of Delaware and other state lists there were 30 registered sex offenders living in Middletown as of November 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Middletown to the number of sex offenders is 649 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Middletown-Delaware.html#ixzz4RWaWv663

That's actually a nice statistic and concerning if it's true. it could explain the high density of former Sallies students moving to town though

damn...that's messed up!

I'm joking. I've found that "Sallies" is a trigger word for most of the crazies on this board.

Wait. Middletowns field is named after a known sex offender yet SallyCow still came on to talk shit about Smyrna and sex offenders? Wow. Crazy.

Reactions: spartakos
I'm joking. I've found that "Sallies" is a trigger word for most of the crazies on this board.

Wait. Middletowns field is named after a known sex offender yet SallyCow still came on to talk shit about Smyrna and sex offenders? Wow. Crazy.

http://www.middletowntranscript.com/article/20110217/NEWS/302179981

Following a civil suit alleging sexual abuse, the Bill Billings Alumni Stadium signs were covered at the stadium behind Everett Meredith Middle school.

By Craig Anderson

Following a civil suit alleging sexual abuse, the Bill Billings Alumni Stadium signs were covered at the stadium behind Everett Meredith Middle School last week.

The complaint, filed July 7, 2009, names both the Appoquinimink School District and Middletown High School as defendants.

The complaint sought monetary damages for personal injuries arising from alleged childhood sexual abuse by Middletown High teacher, athletic director and long-time football coach William E. “Bill” Billings from 1979 to 1981.

The complaint alleged Billings was “employed recklessly” by the Appoquinimink School District and Middletown High School despite prior knowledge of sexual abuse, and that they owed a duty of care to protect the plaintiff from him. The plaintiff was 16 and 17 years old at the time of the alleged abuse.

According to the complaint, the school district and Middletown High School were aware of “improper sexual influence and abuse of children by teachers prior to 1980.” Additionally, the complaint said they had knowledge that “Billings had and was sexually molesting numerous young female minors, such as the plaintiff.”

The plaintiff said she was called to the office of a Middletown High guidance counselor (identified as Ms. Schears and Ms. Shears in the complaint) in the spring of 1981 and asked about rumors that Billings had done “inappropriate things to female students on a number of occasions.” The plaintiff said Billings told her prior to the meeting there were accusations about him with another student and “admonished the plaintiff not to say anything about their relationship and his unauthorized touching and other actions with her.”

The plaintiff said she initially denied wrongdoing by Billings, but then admitted he had done inappropriate things to her. The guidance counselor said a police investigation was ongoing, and she could pass along any information the plaintiff told her if she didn’t want to talk to the police, the plaintiff said.

The plaintiff said she later provided the guidance counselor with a list of many of the things that Billings had done to her. Later, the plaintiff said the guidance counselor came to her and said that Billings had been arrested and that she was proud that the plaintiff had written a note because it helped with “the others.” According the plaintiff, the guidance counselor said “Billings’ misdeeds had been going on for years, with other girls.”

The plaintiff said she was told that Billings took a guilty plea to criminal charges and would not be able to teach again and have opportunity to “do what he had done to other students.”

The plaintiff said she later learned that Billings had been terminated, but was not prosecuted criminally. He went on the teaching and coaching positions elsewhere in New Castle County, including Hodgson Vo-Tech.

Transcript attempts to contact Billings’s sons Fred and Ken for comment on Feb. 20 were unsuccessful.

Bill Billings Alumni Stadium signs were covered the morning of Feb. 16. The stadium is the main facility for Middletown High School sporting events.

Spokesperson Lilian Miles said the Appoquinimink School District had no comment Feb. 14 and Feb. 16 when asked about the status of the stadium's name, which was named after Billings in 1997. School district employees were told by administrators to have no comment on the matter.

Phone and email messages seeking comment were left in the afternoon Feb. 16 with school board president Joanne Christian, and board members Edna Cale, Julie Johnson and Norman Abrams. They were not returned as of 8:45 p.m. Monday.

Billings died Feb. 5, 2007 at the Trinity Mission Nursing Facility in Charlottesville, Va. He was 82.

On the Middletown High sports website, www.cavaliersports.com, schedules list 2011 football home games at Middletown HS. In past years, schedules listed the home site as Billings Stadium. Middletown's boys and girls lacrosse, and girls soccer teams list Billings as the home site for spring 2011.

Billings was elected into the Delaware Sports Hall of Fame in 1998, and had 10 unbeaten seasons as a coach. He led his first six teams at MHS to a 53-game winning streak.

Reactions: spartakos
The address of most of the sex offenders living in and registered in Smyrna is

1161 Paddock Rd or Vaughn correctional Facility. That's why there are so many sex offenders registered in Smyrna

So in summary-

1) a Middletown fan pointed out the high volume of sex offenders in smyrna.

2) Someone then pointed out that Middletown felt compelled to name their football field after a rabid child molester.

3) someone pointed out that most of the smyrna sex offenders are living in the prison that is located in smyrna

4) SallyCow got burned.

pickled,

You seem to have an infatuation with Sallies.

No, I learned early on that it's easy to get a mad, babyish reaction from the private school parents on this board when you say anything about their team and Sallies is the only one that performs well enough to hate on.

ECAravel is fun to shit on too because RR and Designo are both really special people

Transfer, Smansfer....Smyrna has plenty more in the magazine ready to be chambered in the years to come!
http://www.scsuntimes.com/sports/20...e-wee-football-team-wins-eastern-championship

Wait till Will Knight's brothers get to high school. So unfair, so unfair...:)

Those Knights. Bad butts. Congrats to all those young men!!!

I wonder if the coach wrote the article himself. He seemed to be featured heavily. I'm surprised he didn't include how much he benches.

Just joking....... ;)

Reactions: youjustme
No, I learned early on that it's easy to get a mad, babyish reaction from the private school parents on this board when you say anything about their team and Sallies is the only one that performs well enough to hate on.

ECAravel is fun to shit on too because RR and Designo are both really special people

Yeah I mean they're only 2 of the best programs in the State .

Reactions: UDelaware5138
pickled,

You seem to have an infatuation with Sallies.

Most classless trash does.

Let me see if I can break this apart for you.

You say most classless trash are obsessed with Sallies. I agree.

However, most of the people I've met that are obsessed with Sallies are their alums/parents/etc.

So by your logic, most Sallies students/parents are classless trash.

Again- I couldn't agree more.

Let me see if I can break this apart for you.

You say most classless trash are obsessed with Sallies. I agree.

However, most of the people I've met that are obsessed with Sallies are their alums/parents/etc.

So by your logic, most Sallies students/parents are classless trash.

Again- I couldn't agree more.

cogito ergo sum

I think this thread should be deleted by the moderator. An institution should not be defined by some predators. mylocalview is correct.

Last edited:
Moo Moo!

Moo might want to revisit the red dot map not many measles on Paddick road Mo I mean Moo
Moo wonder your D so good
Moo sure you will......get it in the END!

MoreCowbell.jpg

The legend says it was caused by the entitled Broom St boys calling the Cavs farmers and hicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT