ADVERTISEMENT

VCU Removed From Tourney

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
There will be no VCU-Oregon game tonight. VCU has been removed from tournament due to NCAA Covid Protocols. There are no other details now. Oregon moves on to the second round. Sorry for Bones and the VCU program..

I think the NCAA is culpable. Did the try to move the game to a different venue ? If not it’s a chickensh!t call. Feel bad for guys at VCU who played their hearts out all season only to be brushed a side.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Okay NCAA my bad, after later reports I guess players and or coaches from VCU may have tested positive.

I think the NCAA is culpable. Did the try to move the game to a different venue ? If not it’s a chickensh!t call. Feel bad for guys at VCU who played their hearts out all season only to be brushed a side.

Rider, it may really be the A-10‘s fault. Their arrangements for 95% of the A-10 tournament were solid. Why they structured it to have the title game in Dayton a week later was beyond stupid. The location wasn’t necessary to fulfill the TV contract. They were probably trying to be nice to Dayton which lost the 4 play in games to the State of Indiana.

Not only that but one of the officials at the VCU - Bonnies A-10 finals game worked in the first round of the NCAA games.

I will save the rest of my angry feelings for later....

In other words, thus far I think the NCAA has done OK with this...not perfect. It is the A-10’s fault for trying to feel good and include the University of Dayton. It is more important to do good than to feel good. Rant is officially over.

Last edited:
After last night all brackets have been destroyed I have to believe !!! It’s not even close

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT