ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Picks

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
We're off to an early, early...early start this week, so I'll start a thread, first up of course with The Gate's Swinging Picks:

Howard 44, Dickinson 0
FSMA 28, St. Andrew's 20
McKean 20, Brandywine 14
Middletown 45, Appo 14
Delmar 28, Arcadia 8
Hodgson 28, DMA 14
Dover 24, St. Georges 18
Sallies 31, Episcopal 28
St. E 21, Glasgow 8
Lake Forest 32, Indian River 13
Milford 35, Laurel 28
Cape Henlopen 16, Polytech 14
Tower Hill 35, Red Lion 0
Smyrna 40, CR 8
Central 21, Tech 14
Woodbridge 42, Seaford 0
Conrad 14, Tatnall 8
Delcastle 24, Newark 20 *upset special*
Archmere 26, Caravel 10
St. Mark's 46, Mt. Pleasant 6
Penn 20, Concord 6
Friends 48, Charter 6
AI 40, Christiana 20

Howard 44, Dickinson 0
FSMA 28, St. Andrew's 20
McKean 14, Brandywine 20
Middletown 48
, Appo 7
Delmar 55 Arcadia 0
Hodgson 35, DMA 14
Dover 28, St. Georges 18
Sallies 31, Episcopal 28
St. E 21, Glasgow 8
Milford 21, Laurel 17
Smyrna 40, CR 16
Central 21, Tech 14
Woodbridge 48, Seaford 0
Conrad 6, Tatnall 8
Delcastle 12 Newark 20
Archmere 26,
Caravel 10
Penn 20, Concord 6
Friends 48, Charter 6
AI 48 Christiana 12

Howard 44, Dickinson 0
FSMA 28, St. Andrew's 20
McKean 14, Brandywine 20
Middletown 48
, Appo 7
Delmar 55 Arcadia 0
Hodgson 35, DMA 14
Dover 28, St. Georges 18
Sallies 1000000, Episcopal 0
St. E 21, Glasgow 8
Milford 21, Laurel 17
Smyrna 40, CR 16
Central 21, Tech 14
Woodbridge 48, Seaford 0
Conrad 6, Tatnall 8
Delcastle 12 Newark 20
Archmere 26,
Caravel 10
Penn 20, Concord 6
Friends 48, Charter 6
AI 48 Christiana 12

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz__by_m4r10ichigo-d5cjgzc.jpg

Howard’s Reeves scores on 17-yard run after failed punt. Howard 34, Dickinson 0 11:40 2Q

Final was 56-0. Stopped by to say hello to some old classmates but an awful homecoming game. There might've been 20 people in the stands and Dickinson seriously looks like a Pop Warner team.

Upset of the week: Appo beats Middletown....

If it doesn’t happen don’t hate me lol

At least Dickinson still has a team. Last year they folded after a few games.

I’ve said it before though. Lots of bad teams in Delaware . Bad football . Bad product .

If Appo beats Middletown I’ll streak down Main Street in Middletown .

Appo beats MHS ... now that’s too funny...running clock by start of 2nd half .

Ray Stevens loves this conversation right now.

But yeah if Appo can stay within 35 they should consider it a win.

Close only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades. Appo staying within 35 ain't close its empathy from MT ..We don't give participation trophies around here Gate,, you know that

Reactions: Bucsnot
How come all the football players end up at Middletown and Appo gets all the soccer guys? Kind of fishy to me. Just saying .

Lol I’m going with upset picks this weekend! Go DMA and CR! Ahaha I’m jk guys i don’t think they have a shot in hell(appo or DMA or Cr). Ahahah but I’ll streak with you guys if Appo wins ahah

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Looking at the schedules not a lot to get excited about this weekend. So I'll go BOLD on blowouts.

Won't be close
McKean vs Brandywine
St. E
vs Glasgow
Central vs Tech
Delcastle vs Newark
Penn vs Concord

I think central tech will be low scoring close game, tech does well against run heavy teams defensively but can’t find a way to score on O right now

Somehow, I am scheduled to go to the Conrad - Tatnall game on Saturday. It is Conrad's homecoming.
The game is at Dickinson. 1100AM start.

How come all the football players end up at Middletown and Appo gets all the soccer guys? Kind of fishy to me. Just saying .

I dont remember whether it was 5 or 6 years ago but Appo school district started to allow school choice. Its a pretty easy choice if you live in the area.. If football is your game then you choice to MT if soccer than Appo. I dont think there is anything fishy about it.. now before ASD allowed choice MT had to find "creative" ways to get out of zone kids in...

Homecoming season is here...How is it that some schools are scheduling far superior teams for their game? I thought it was also known that scheduling a team for homecoming implied that they could beat them...therefore, disrespect.

Tradition and school choice. Appo will never catch Middletown football, the pull is too strong. Odessa will face the same issue.

When and if Odessa opens Appo district will likely close off school choice until Odessa gets established. IMO kinda like they did when Appo opened.. Another question to ponder will the new school push all 3 ASD schools to D2?

Appos first year they went 5-5 2nd year 9-1 lost 1st rd to Archmere in a close game (only loss to MT 18-7)
then got bumped to D1 hung tough a couple years then ASD school choice opened up and down the tubes they went lol but for the first 3 years they played MT tough but after that never close

Last edited:
I'm telling you the moment that happens is the moment DIAA blows it all up because Middletown would win EVERYTHING.

Homecoming season is here...How is it that some schools are scheduling far superior teams for their game? I thought it was also known that scheduling a team for homecoming implied that they could beat them...therefore, disrespect.

It's probably a scheduling thing. Maybe tough conference home games later in the year. Cupcakes came to them in September. Who are you talking about?

It's probably a scheduling thing. Maybe tough conference home games later in the year. Cupcakes came to them in September. Who are you talking about?

I think it came down to scheduling conflict possibly. I know Delmar travels to Arcadia tonight for Arcadia's HC, Laurel has poly next week, but I was taken back when the firebirds decided to invite the wildcats to HC. Bring those dancing shoes!

a lot of times schools schedule the homecoming weekend in advance of even knowing who they are playing so the Alumni can plan in advance.. I seriously doubt Arcadia and its 16 man roster had any designs on having a chance vs Delmar.. no disrespect on their part.. besides they are probably pretty used to losing on homecoming.. just saying.. The real question is why did Delmar scheduled them in the first place? Delmar is going to have to take knees to not score 100

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT